Time for baby photos

Northern California, CA(Zone 9a)

took some shots of babies popping up. Lots are the noids I practiced with but they are sweet nonetheless.

First one is a noid pink baby, very similar to my very first leaf baby I grew before I cooked it on the seed starting mat. (still hurts!)

Thumbnail by begoniacrazii

Here's the same leaf with babies hiding under the skirt of their mom. (like baby chicks under the mom's wings)

Leaf pot of Aly's Rosie Baby.

Here's the mom. (see Ali, still alive!)

Leaf pot of Maggie Lee.

Leaf pot of some noid, but sure is pink! Wish I had tagged this one. I have no idea who the mom is

Leaf pot of Arcturus. (mom is going to live with Anita, hey Anita where've you been?)

I have two leaf pots of this one.

here's the blossom of Arcturus in case anyone wants one.

Again, I have no idea who this noid is, but I love it's variegation.

Here's just a bunch that have put up ears. I think they are mostly noids.

leaf pot of Hearts Aglow (lost the mom)

More noids (the one in the way back on the right side has the largest pups, I'm waiting with baited breath for the day I can divide it!

Vero Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

Very pretty :) Especially your pink Noid WOWOWOWOWOW

If you have extra..I would LOVE Arcturus..I really like the reds

And my house is NoID friendly too :) I am sure I will be thrilled with whatever it is you send

And some more. the second back on the right is from Ali, it's EverRejoice. somewhere I have a photo of it when it first sprouted.
there are two leaves in that pot and only one has pups? go figure.

Sure thing, I'll put a tag in the pot with your name!
Here's some more pinkies.

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Nice babies Laurie ! Heh I love the little with the broken leaf. Best to cut the broken part off or any part of leaf damage so it does not keep spreading the damage breaks , bruises and more can do and also so it does not think it has to use it's energy to repair itself rather than grow babies. I would also cut the Mom's skirt off so the babies can get more light and come out and play !

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Arcturus beautiful red !

Silver Spring, MD

Love them. Isn't it exciting?

opps, got delayed before I could post these last few... I'm back!

here's a few more pinkies

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

I love the pinkies :))

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

I love the pinkies :))

Here's the Chimera leaf (or at least we think it's a chimera leaf?) Either way, it has cool variegation. The babies on the other leaf of this kind are growing along the mid rib of the leaf!

Missouri City, TX(Zone 9a)

Oh man, those pink ones are just so cute!!!! If you feel the need to get rid of one of those pink babies- NOID or not, I'd be willing to trade!
All your photos are good, all those babies! WOW!

Missouri City, TX(Zone 9a)

LOL you are too funny- put the crack pipe down- both of you.

And not an AV, but my first Epi baby! This is Whirligig.

And here's one of the stands, full of babies!

Can do April, I'll put your name on one. Wish I could tell you what it will flower like. Just don't know.

And why lay off the crack pipe, it's way too much fun!

(kidding folks)

and here's my strep babies. This one is a noid, but I feel certain it is an Ogalvee's hybrid.

Those babies at the back are about as big as a silver dollar (remember those?) So is it time to take it from the mom?

I just think it's probably ready for some soil and food now.

Mansfield, TX(Zone 8a)

Love all your babies - especially the little pinkies!! If you have an extra Arcturus, I'd love one.

Sharon

ok, put your name on one! I think I'll keep the other baby for now. But will have pinkies when they get bigger. You sage growers, what color do you think the leaves will turn when they get bigger?

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

It's up to you . You can feed them VF-11 right where they are if you like. I let mine get big , bigger :))
You Chimera foliage plant may progate by leaf all green . As it's going to need sucker progation. Where the hek do you think Rob got his Chimera foliage plants. They Sported from his other reg. Rob's plants. lol Check the Sport list :)) Nice Sport he can make more money on them. Same way with Harmony's Little Stinker. Or any other Chimera. Their mutants nijans " like birth marks"
like you use to say you wanted plants with Splotches :)) You need to get a sucker growing from this plant please. Take a center leaf off and it may start suckering. Don't you just love the plants you want to sucker don't and vise versa .

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Laurie better put more Arcturus leaves down ! I have several pinkie babies.growing now Namely Nancy, Buckeye Cherry Topping, Funambule a few I have right now. Their like white leaves most times adventualy will go to the colors it's supose to. All these plants above have pink in their foliage so always nice if they keep a lot of it !

Ok, thanks Ali, they get the VF11 every time I water. so then they must be happy. When you say 'bigger' how big is that? two, three, four inches? Just never grown one before. BUT the cool thing is I'm getting closer to finishing my 'photo tutorial' that I started when I cut these.

I can't take a crown cutting from these chimera leaves mom since I killed it. Hopefully one of the babies will take after the mom. The other leaved one I have in the house I can take a crown off pretty soon. Problem is all the new growth is solid green. (boo hoo)

I guess I better put some more Arcturus leaves down, didn't think it would be so popular! I like it better than Pow Wow, it's more of a wine red. Here's another shot, I posted this a while back too.

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Oh no your Chimera Foliage plant died :(( Oh I'm so sorry, so sad. I did not know that plant died ?

heck yea, I killed it with water! long time ago. same with that cool girl foliage one. I was so bad! I'm better now.

Laurie, those are fabulous! I'd love a pink baby or two. I don't care if it's a NOID. Those are must haves! Love the pictures! Aren't babies fun?

Okee Dokee, putting a tag in one with your name on it!

Thank you! :o)

Northwest, MO(Zone 5a)

Hey Girl...those are nice looking babies. Just love the pink.

Deb

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.