Time for baby photos

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Oh mannnn It was going to be like Harmony's little Stinker . Now it's going to be a Greenie Beanie baby . lol
Pinkie babies must stay wiht Mom like white babies until plenty big enough and have color green in them or they won't live sorry pinky lovers. Most likly if the plant should have pink in crowns, foliage, edges... this will happen to the pink. But without Mom and green by themselves won't make it.

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Three are about 370 or so plants in FC with Pink foliage sure more not in FC but never an all pink plant though it would be nice :))

Northern California, CA(Zone 9a)

I took your advise and cut the broken leaf tip off so the pinkies underneath could get more light. Then I noticed it has a pink halo at the edges of the leaf. so that must be where the pink's coming from.

Yea, they'll stay with the mom for a while, not nearly enough chlorophyl to pull them through on their own. So all you pinkie lovers will have to wait a bit, but your names are on the name tags. Fear not! Late spring early summer trades.

And speaking of Pinkie! Ali, the Canadian source you listed has some real winners in the pink leaves department. You should ALL go have a look.

here's the link again just in case http://www.bloomlovers.com/

Ali, I think I sent you a rooted leaf of this pinkie. This is a noid that I nearly lost but it's doing pretty good now. It seemed tight so I moved it to natural light the other day.

Thumbnail by begoniacrazii
Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Very pretty ! Yes sorry Pinkie lovers have to have chlorophyl or the little pinkie babies will die. I'm going to go put all me leaves with pink in them down. lol I have a few all pinkie babies now :))
I fount about 50 leaves I must have from BloomLovers !

Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

Laurie there just to cute.thanks for the pictures

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

I know if they could only stay this way. I wish there could be all pink foliage AV's even different shades of pink and mauve together. No green or white .

Missouri City, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks! Don't really care what the flower turns out to be, sometimes I the leaf is so beautiful that I am hooked! Check this gorgeous example:

http://www.violetgallery.com/html%20pics/happyharold.html

and another photo:

http://www.avsa.org/Photographs/HappyHaroldLrg.jpg#http://../Photographs/HappyHaroldLrg.jpg#

Oh man- I am in love w/ Whirligig!! Between you and Allison I am being drawn to the dark side!

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Look at Rob's Happy harold . When Nanna said she bought one I looked and was WOW ! I like his flowers too :))
http://www.robsviolet.com/happy_harold.htm
Rob's is out of stock but you ordered from VG Right ?

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Whirligig by Champion I'd love to have but so Vintage I bet hard to get.

(2286) 03/02/1972 (E. Champion) Double white/red center, splashes, edge. Variegated, quilted. Standard
>>>

Whirligig Star (K. Stork) Single white sticktite star/red-plum patches. Medium green. Standard
I've had a few some people get their names mised up but their totaly different.

Yes Allison I did order and to tell the truth, now that I look at the photo, it was Rob's picture that hooked me! I haven't ordered from VG before, you would know better, but if the plant is large enough I will for sure be putting a leaf down for you! Was going to do it even if you didn't ask because you indicated you wanted him...I just didn't want to tell you I'd ordered and wouldn't have dared tell you I'd put a leaf down until it made babies- nothing like being disappointing or disappointing others!

Well that Whirligig is an Epi, I don't have the AV whirligig. Is it pretty?

And that Happy Harold, you gals are right, I've missed out on that one! I'm a foliage lover myself.

There was a very good Epi seller at the Garden show last weekend or the weekend before I can't remember when it was.

here's his website www.epiphyllumworld.com his nursery isn't too far from here. I bought about 6 of them plus an agave.

Ali, I can't remember which thread to put this in, but here's Irish Paradise.

Oh man, that one is pretty, don't forget to post when fully opened!

Here are a few more shots. It looks dark pinkish lavender in real life. Not sure how it looks on your screen. this shot I used a flash.

Ali, here's your sport twin, it is still pretty white all over.

Here's another shot.

And while not a 'leaf pot baby' it is still my new baby

Sunray Trail (6475) 02/03/1987 (C. Sotkiewicz) Single chimera fuchsia star/white stripe. Light green, spooned, pointed, quilted. Standard trailer

Came home with a bloom and then popped out two more!

Here's Anita's Arcturus. That bloom photo above was from Jan. 31, and now it's budded and almost going to pop again!

Man those are pretty babies!

Ali grew them, and she's got the touch!

Here's Rob's Vanilla Pink, since we're talking about pink leaves. This one's leaves are like rose colored airbrushed french vanilla with some sprinked green in there. I so love this little beauty!

I wish screens could be syncronized so we all see the same color. It's one of my favorites.

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Laurie you sure that picture is Russian Snow Leopard the same that mine Sported >?
And not Yan Selena > ?
Your picture looks like Yan Selena ? Yan Selena is in a 4 inch pot.
And Russian Snow Leopard is in 2 1/2 inch round needing trans-plant.
And both plants came from one leaf grew up together .
And Irish Paradise is supose to be double pink with green edge mine has niether pink nor green. lol Bith our plants came from the same leaf. .
Your not looking at your Leprechaun's Daydream (7211) 10/21/1989 (S. Sorano) Double medium pink star/green edge. Dark green, ovate. Standard
Are you ?
Maybe yours will bloom true.

And here's one that I just love looking at, it's been blooming for a long time now. Wrangler's Spanish Cavalier. Nice ruffled green edges on this one that the camera just cant pick up. (please excuse the kitty fur on the petal, such is the life of a cat owner!)

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Laurie can I see the whole plant of Russian Snow Leopard. I can't spell the russian name please. lol

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Laurie this is my Russian that Sported it has three big blooms now more opening. And my buds showed purple stripes will show you picture tomorrow.
Ek-Snezhnyi Bars (Elena Korshunova)
"Snow Leopard" Semidouble-double white star with lilac eye,and frilled violet edge. Medium green pointed foliage. Standard.

No, I'm not sure, hang on I'll run back in the house. I might be a complete goof, hold on a second... gotta run back to the house.

I wasn't reading the pot, but relying on my (often failing) memory.

while you're waiting for me to run, here's the whole plant. (i dont have a photo of the pot though)

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

And this one I gave you is in 4 inch pot blooms white . Did you get them mixed up ?
Ian-Selena (Natalia Puminova)
"Moon Goddess" White semidouble-double ruffled star. Light green ovate foliage. standard
or is only mine going to Sport.
You know I grew 4 Slap Happy's all from same leaf and only one came out with the nice deep mauve foliage and is big and still has it. I better ship it suckers and all to Kenton before it changes. lol

and to entertain you while you wait, take a look under Victorian Parasol's underpants, she's sending out a sucker!

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Do you remeber what size pot it is in ? Sorry to drive you nuts but mine buds had purple stripes from the begining and their sisters. lol It is supose to have some light lilac did you see Bluebirds picture ?
http://www.bluebirdgreenhouse.com/html/fimages/0209-1645-6195.jpg
And your Irish paradise is different from mine . lol And I babies them both the same. But I hope your's blooms true.

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

WOW cool a sucker ! Yeah ! I think I have 3-4 suckers of my sport and a leaf or two down I will be interested in what happens !

Nope, I just checked, those are the correct ones. Here's some photos.

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

What about the Snow Leopard pot I mean. lol Sorry to drive you nuts.

The Mouse says, Snow Leopard

and the Mouse says this one is Ian Selena
and there is more than one in the pot too! I dont see any big buds, just teeny ones

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Oh man Lorry sorry I love that plant. lol I see it and even the foliage I know all green drives me wild.
Your so wonderful. I thought you might have got the plants mixed up. lol As Yan Selna is white but foliage is different.
I'm too crazy. Your Irsh Paradise looks nothing like the way mine bloomed. So maybe you'll get green :)) I hope so !

And then the mouse said 'Leprechuan's Daydream'

(hold on huffing and puffing as I catch my breath...)

And then the mouse said, My mom needs to catch her breath from running back and forth, so while she does this does anyone want to take a stab at which Optimara this one is?

Breath Caught! Here's first blooms for strep 'Double Trouble' (a DP bargain!, cant beat $1 for this purple beauty)

My close up please...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.