Albizia julibrissin (mimosa tree) seed storage.

Chatham, IL(Zone 5b)

Yawn...... ok two days rest makes me feel better. I spent yesterday cleaning up the front of the house to make room for plants, and fighting a bumblebee nest where the new flower bed is going in. (fun story for another thread.) I awoke yesterday by 2pm, a good sleep after 22 hours awake was due.

I slept around 10 hours only waking up to let the dogs out. That was a lot for me. If I sleep 22 hours, I'm sick with something. I got all of my plants in the ground except the one clump of Med. Blue Siberian Iris. I was on a roll. I need a hole dug for that clump so it's going to need to wait until next weekend.

Chatham, IL(Zone 5b)

Yesterday I spent the afternoon removing all the rock that was in front of the house... I think a mulched flower bed will look better that 2 bushes and a sea of purple rocks... plants are waiting patiently, that rose is perma-keeled over. It's in the ground though.

Sorry about your rose. That was a nice looking plant. It might rebound. It was looking pretty sad when I moved it to your back seat. Hind sight is always 20/20 but maybe that plant should have been left outside. I doubt the temps in the car got above 70 or even 80 because there was virtually no sun that day and the air temps never went above 60 but maybe it did get too hot in there.

Chatham, IL(Zone 5b)

That rose died in my car and I feel bad, but it did look bad when I got it home. Wow this thread is long and old.

That's a real bummer about that rose. Yes, this thread is verrrrrrrrrrry old. Another few months and we'd probably be able to start a whole new thread with talk of new plants from the next RU!

This thread totally cracks me up with the 3500 toothpicks! You're one of a kind.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.