Houseplant Robin or Swap

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Is anyone interested in a houseplant robin or swap. If enough are interested I will orgazine it.

We could start rooting starts or cuttings now for exchange in Late March early April.

If we do decide to do this I will post in round robin forum as well. Just wanted to see how many were interested.

Seguin, TX(Zone 8b)

I'd be interested! Sounds like fun!

Kim

Mandeville, LA(Zone 9a)

I would love to do it but I've seen it fizzle in this forum before. Hope you can generate some interest. We need to jazz things up a bit here in the houseplant kingdom. I've got about six different varieties of Nematanthus (Goldfish Plants) that root very easily. I'd be glad to trade!

Emporia, KS(Zone 5b)

She's spread the word, though. ; )

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/574318/

I might be interested. I'll wait for more concrete info, though.

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

I am open to suggestions on how everyone wants to do this.

We can do it in the form of a round robin or just a swap for how ever many sign up.

On the swap I would take the names with their wants and haves and try to match them up the best I can so that everyone would get something they want.

On round robin we would mail the box to each other taking plants out and replenishing what we take out.

Let me know your thoughts.

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

I think a swap would be better due so the "unchosen plants " might be in transit too long and someone would end up with the wilties. I would be interested in a swap also. Maybe a secret swap where we are e-mailed a name and send plants to that person only. Just my thoughts. keep me posted , e-mail me if I don't reply. DH has told me to get off DG and do the taxes..... don't know how long that may take....but it will take me some time just to find all the paperwork. Organization never sunk into the old noggin. My mind was a terrible thing to waste! Lou

Mobile, AL(Zone 8b)

I am interested in participating!

I think I'll have to back out. I'm moving in less than three weeks and I didn't realize how close it was. Darn! It is a good time, too. As I've been packing and going through the house plants (about 300 of them) I've realized that I have a lot of extras to get rid of. Maybe I'll repost after the dust settles. My apologies everyone.

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

We have 7 to sign up so far, sorry to hear Jess couldn't participate. I have decided to leave sign ups open until 2/20/06, I will then assign swaps. Please dmail me what you have for trade and what you would like from a trade. I will do my best to try to make sure everyone gets some nice plants.

We will mail this plants out the 2nd week in April to allow for warmer weather and time to root. They do not have to be rooted cuttings however, just would be nice.

Glad to see some interesting in this, let me know any questions, as this is my first try at this.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I'd be interested in doing a swap

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

How many plant cutting are we talking about sending?

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

You guys/gals throw some numbers out for the the number of cuttings. I know if will vary as to how many have what, let me know you thoughts, as I am new to this.

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Bumping up

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i would be up for this too!

Seguin, TX(Zone 8b)

I think when I participated in a trade like this before, we did a minimum of 4 cuttings...and if someone had more they wanted to throw in that was ok too. It was enough to be worth the postage to mail out but at the same time wasn't too much that newer people couldn't participate. Just a suggestion...

Kim

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

I think thats a good suggestion Kim, We will go with at least four and more if you want to.

I sure hope I can match this up where ever one is pleased.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ah...I should've kept up with the thread before asking you duplicate questions...my apologies....

Drumheller, AB(Zone 2a)

I would be interested but I live in Canada so it would have to be with someone else that lives in Canada.

Thanks,

Joanne in Alberta, Canada

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Still taking sign ups. Would like for a few more to join, Anyone in Canada intersted in joining. Please see the link to the other tread in round robin for this same swap.

Thanks to all who have given suggestions on this swap, as it is my first, hope all are happy in the end.

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/574318/

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I think you're doing a great job!!!

-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

You're talking about "cuttings". Does that mean that you're not expecting us to swap "roots", only "cuttings"?

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

This is what was posted in the first post
We could start rooting starts or cuttings now for exchange in Late March early April.

I would have rooted cuttings

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

I have already cut my plants for exchange and have them either in water or in seed starting mixture under plastic for rooting. We have started the cuttings now with hopes by 2nd week in April they will have some roots.

Flowrlady would you like to join us.

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Still have room for some more who want to join, I am waiting on info of two who have already signed up. Getting excited in KY, can't wait for Spring.

-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

Yes, count me in... I don't have anything very exotic, but I do have some stuff to share, and it sounds like fun...

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Hi all, I will need your info by this weekend to arranage this trade. we now have 11 signed up with info on 9. pretty good turn out.

I am working dillengently to match you up with a fair trade. Some have suggested different ways of doing this and I am considering them.

Please not if you have asked for rare or exotic plants, you probarly are not going to get them. With this in mind, please be open to other plants.

Also please be patience with me as this is my first attempt at this and did so due to some showing interested last fall.

I am always open to anything I don't have, hope you all are the same.

Waiting to hear from two with info and if anyone wants to join us at the last minute, please dmail your info. If anyone has any questions, please dmail me.

Hope this is fun for all.

Sharon Nell

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

We have 11 people participating in this swap. Pretty Good for the first time. I will send dmails out today as to who you are to send to and what their wants were. I think I have at least one items matched up from have and wants list so everyone should get at least one items. Only one was not matched up with their list and I hope this will not be a problem. I think most are very open when it comes to new plants.

Please email me back that you have recieved your name. I ask that each person contribute at least 4 starts to the houseplant pal, start rooting them now to be mailed by April 8th. this will allow 6 weeks for rooting and warmer weather. If you want to send extra starts that is fine, however not a requirement. Please mail your plants priority mail.

I will make a new thread Update - Houseplant Swap on the round robin list (as I think thats where it should actually be) for you to post to when you have mailed or received or just the status from now to April 7th of your trade.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.