need purple wandering jew.....

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

Last spring, my mom wanted some "purple" wandering jew to plant outside. She said that her mother used to love that plant and she wanted some for herself. We never found any locally until late in the season.

I would love to have a handful of purple for her. I am NOT a houseplant person... I have a few brugmansia (angel trumpet) cuttings that I could trade or I'd be glad to pay postage.

thanks

charlotte

Emporia, KS(Zone 5b)

Hiya Charlotte- is this what you were wanting?? I'd love to send some for brugmansia. I'm looking mostly for pink, apricot, or peachish colors. Do you have any of those? ; )
Cheryl

Thumbnail by cjolene

Hello Charlotte. I have this purple wandering jew.
http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/1160/index.html

Is this what you are looking for? If so, I'll have plenty of cuttings. The thing is an aggressive grower. I usually have to hack the hanging basket it's in every two weeks. So, I usually have lots of cuttings. Let me know, and next time I trim, I'll save the cuttings for you. You'd be doing me a favor, too. I get so many cuttings of this that I'm running out of people to give cuttings too. What brugs do you have?

Jess

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

Thanks to both of you for responding.

The most purple one is what I'm looking for.

Cheryl - if you get back to me later in the year...I could probably help you out with a pink.

Jess - I'll send you a dmail.

charlotte

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.