Slug thought...

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

I came across a tidbit that crushing some slugs, adding water, then straining the liquid to use as a plant spray will keep slugs away. I'm just wondering if anyone has used this.
Remember..the recipe does not call for human puke..lol.
Trish

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Dicentra - I think it would be hard NOT to puke if I tried to make it! I've read that slugs will eat dead slugs so if this is true is doesn't seem like the spray would work.

Santa Cruz, CA(Zone 9a)

I'm going to hurl just thinking about it! I mean, this would require picking up the little buggers and straining means touching the insides...eek. am soooo glad that is not the only way to kill them, cuz if it is, as much as I love my plants, they're on their own!

Woodbourne, NY(Zone 5a)

I've heard that beheading them and putting their shriveled heads on tiny pikes around the edge of your garden as a warning also works well ... ;)

I use metaldehyde slug bait, and have taken many victims -- as many as 18 in one 6"-square area ... though the slug empire never seems to run out of kamakazi reinforcements.

My neighbors swear by jar lids of beer in the garden.

Lyndeborough, NH

Aw cheez, collect about a lb. saute in some garlic butter.

Or grill on a stick..

Byron

Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

What an idea for the survior show have them eat 10-12 raw slugs that will get rid of a few of them.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.