good morning MICHIGANDERS lets yak.....

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

Sheri I can't get your address for the seeds..HELP..!!!

Loretta...

This message was edited Feb 25, 2006 7:38 PM

Sheri thanks for your reply..Now can someone tell me how to start a topic??I forgot and can't find any instructions...TIA..

Loretta...

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Loretta when you click on the main forum-like say michigan ,then scroll down to the very bottom and you can start one there!

Huh where it says image??Remember I'm a senior citizen and need lotsa help.. :o((

Loretta..

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

If you click on a forum-daylilies for example
then you would not click on any of the threads that are already there
YOU would scroll all the way down to the bottom of that FIRST page and it will say SUBJECT and then there is a spot for your post and then if you want to add a image there is a spot for that
let me know if you need more help!
huggerz

Lachine, MI

Hi all you Michiganders,
since this is a yak topic place, I hope you all don't mind my sharing a special place you all should visit sometime and may not be aware of.
I also thought it would help you all get to know me better,

www.scarecrowvillage.com

Let me know what you think!

I'm dreaming of Spring too, and while I'm waiting I'm getting things done for here.
I hope it was ok to post this here?
Thank you,
Sandy/michigander

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Sandy

Are the bare root perennials year old or two year old....will they bloom this year??? Would we be able to ride up to Alpena and get them, or are you strictly mail order?

Deann

Glennie, MI(Zone 5a)

Sandy,
We have been thru your area many time. We take lots of country rides in the fall. The next time we will stop and shop.
Spring fever starts for me right after New Years day!
Hubby bought me a garden planner for the computer,and that is where I`m at when it gets to the point I want to dig thru the snow and plant. It is sunny and 18 degrees out right now. Aleta

Lachine, MI

Hi Deann , you can come and pick up- after placing an advance order- they are dug as ordered. Have to remember tho, since we are an inground place, usually they are dug in April to be sent End of April.Anyone can email from the website and I will send a current availabilty list to you.Before- you order. Already sold out on alot!

But it would be so fun to meet some of you from near the area!

How was your garden show in Oscoda? Weather was bad.

Oh, and they are either 2-3 year stock!

Lachine, MI

Hi Aleta!

I've been to Glennie several times too- to the headless horseman haunted hayride!

Oh, I know how you feel- this snow....arrrggggggggg....I so much liked Janurary better!
I could at least see the plants then!
How much snow did you end up getting?
We proubly have 2 foot yet here....sigh....
So nice to meet you and hope to meet you in person sometime soon!
Sandy

Glennie, MI(Zone 5a)

Hi Sandy,
This last storm that went thru ,we only got about 3 inches(fine with me). There is about 7 inches on the ground. Yes this fall we will stop by and see your place .
We have alot to do here.Hubby is ordering two loads of topsoil and 8 loads of sand. We have to build up a low area.
He bought a toy in Hillman.A 28hourse tractor with a loader. So he will be having lots of fun this summer.I have already put my order in for more flower beds. I sure wish i could do more myself, but this Fibromalgia sure gets me down
Aleta

Lachine, MI

Hi Aleta,
So sorry to hear about your painful affliction. I have heard that it really puts a stop to alot of living. Especially since you love gardening so much!
I will be having a lot of plants that i have to get rid of( you know how much they can multiply) If you would like to bring a shovel and something to put them in- your welcome to them for those new beds-so just let me know. Last year( and I hate to say it)
I had to spray out a huge area of overstock- just to get rid of them for the pumpin patch this year-
Sad was that day!
But there would be: rudbeckia-goldstrun, heleiopsis, a purple/pink garden phlox, mixed iris,orange lilies, echinop, bevens geranium, and several more.lmk-
Sandy/michigander

Flint, MI(Zone 5a)

Freezing rain and snow coming tonight here. I will sure be glad when spring comes!!

Michigander-what a nice site!! Where exactly is Lachine?? I think it would be fun to bring my granddaughter there for Halloween!!

Arliene

Lachine, MI

Hi Arliene,
Thank you- Oh, i hope we don't get anymore!!! Boo-Hoo!
Lachine is about 14 miles from Alpena going west!
Do you get the Metro Parent Travel edition?
Were listed in there.
How old is your grandbaby?
The kids will never forget it- Gram will be the coolest!-lol
Sandy/michigander

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Good Morning everyone..........well we got lucky again here in AuGres/Tawas area.....only a trace of snow fell.....and its not bad out there this morning...only 25 degrees....thank god for small favors......Yeah!!

Deann

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

freezing rain here!! Roads are a skating rink - tons of accidents and school closings. OK< I declare this the last crummy weather of this season... I need warm weather sooooo bad.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Freezing rain here this morning.

Glennie, MI(Zone 5a)

We are lucky , the weather bypassed us.
I sure feel for all of you that did get it. It is overcast here and 27 degrees out. Sun is to come out later Aleta

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

SNOWDAY HERE! we are buried with about 8in so far and they say we may get up to 12 total. In like a LION out like a LAMB!!

Spring cant be to far behind.

Im sure arliene is working hard this morning plowing and salting!

I planted 27 kinds of tomatoes and 8 kinds of peppers on the 26th want to get them started now and move them to the GH later this month. I have a few things winter sown and lots more seeds to plant.

bbl got to check out the snow and in daves chat

We have ice here too..It snowed for a minute then more drizzly rain..Now it's just trying to make up it's mind what it's gonna dump on us... ;o(((

Loretta..

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Well shut my mouth....I spoke too soon.......We got some more snow...but only an inch or so....nothing like Dori in Bay City.....Holy Cow...8 inches and more to come.....

Deann

Lachine, MI

30 degrees and sunny all day- its about time the snow went south-lol
sandy

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Well Deann, I got at least 11 inches or more on my side of AuGres. I spent the day brooming off the deck and shoveling the walk behind the house so we wouldn't get snowed in. My son came by tonight and plowed the driveway. Funny how I got so much more snow than you and we're less than 10 miles away from each other.

Brenda

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

we got 11 they said on the news but we measured and came up with 13 here!!!
where is spring!!

brenda that is weird! deann put your glasses on and look again ;)

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Hey....you guys, I know what I see....and we got maybe an inch of snow here....no kidding...Did not even have to sweep it from my door.....

I took this picture just a few minutes ago....see for yourself....even the blacktop is clean...

Deann

Thumbnail by deann
Glennie, MI(Zone 5a)

Good Morning All !!!
Isn`t it funny how are weather works. We have had luck this last storm and didn`t get anything and 10 miles down the road they got 2 inches.
According to the weather service in Gaylord it is to be in the upper 30`s by the middle of next week. I sure will like that.
THINK SPRING ! Only 17 days.
Have a GREAT DAY! Aleta

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

here is our road

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

the driveway in from the rd

Thumbnail by notmartha

Wow Dori looks like you can build you a snowman or two..Instuctions you must have a margarita or two before starting..!! :o)))
Deann don't look like you need new glasses after all,just spend the money on more plants>.
Loretta...

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

driving up to the house you can see we bottomed out

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

I agree loretta i will follow your instruction to a T-quilla! here is the picnic table!

Thumbnail by notmartha
Glennie, MI(Zone 5a)

Sunny and 23 here in Glennie.
They say 40 per cent chanch of snow Monday , but could be 50 next friday. Yepeeeeee!
Heading for Bay City and Saginaw tomorrow,to do some shopping. somthing different than the same ole stores around here. Everyone have a GREAT DAY!!!!! Aleta

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

No snow here, just sunny skies. We didn't have much this winter. Although I am not crazy about snow, it is necessary to prevent drought. Our water bills are high enough already and I sure don't want to make them higher. LOL

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

I woke up look out the window and everything was beautiful and frosty with a mist in the air, got dressed grabbed the camera and out i went, it sure didnt look as cold as it felt! I snapped several pictures of the frost on everything and then came in to thaw out my toesy!

Yesterday when it was around 30 outside at 2pm i strolled out to my GH-opened the door to a sauna 106 degrees. Let me tell you the clothes were fluing off. I was waiting for DH to come back from his mothers house (1/4mile away) so he could see how hot it was. Well the sweat was beading up on my forehead so i had to open the door and stand outside-where was he? I shut the door and went back in-whew its warm. He finally made it and i said give me that tshirt-lol I showed him the temp and then left the door open, but i have to say i was loving the warmth, im a misplaced tropical!

My tomato's are sprouting all over the place-i cant wait to get them established before moving to the GH. I just love the smell of the plants and the TASTE of the MATORS!!!

Can you believe the temps that are calling for towards the end of the week-60s praise the Lord! Im so ready for winter to fade away and for srping to SPRING up!

how are thangz in your parts of the world?
And where are all the members-i counted 127 members from Michigan! im going to have to dmail each one of them with a special invite to join us here in the MICHIGAN forum.

here is a picture of the frosting this morning!

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

one more i really liked before i came in to thaw!

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

ok and one tree picture since i froze to get these! LOl

Thumbnail by notmartha

I'm here looks like the rest of our Michiganders are resting today getting ready for our heat wave that's SUPPOSED to be coming.. :o)))

Loretta...

Hey Dori was you standing on your head when you took that picture?

Loretta...

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

lol loretta i forgot to flip it-just chug a margaritta and it might look OK!
LOL

OK it's noon gotta get busy and have a few,wow now it looks great fixed everything..!!

Loretta..

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.