Which containers work best?

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Karen, Thanks for your support through the "dark days". :)
Dave

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

HA! :)

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Dave - I keep hearing the theme song from Poseiden Adventure....

..There's got to be a morning after.....

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

My 6 year old asked me yesterday if he could join the garden club at school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Wow, Dave47, that's great. My now adult son never had any interest in gardening. Of course, I didn't have all that much time to spend on it when he was little and I was a working Mom. That probably has a lot to do with it. I can see where growing things from seed would be really interesting to kids. Heck, it still amazes me every day.

Getting any new sprouts Doubting Thomas? I mean, Dave.

Karen

St. Peter's, PE(Zone 6a)

Pvick,
Sorry I took so long to respond. I think Godetia would look great with Larkspur. Such an easy plant and the blooms are endless.

Dave,
Congrats on your sprouts!

Michelle

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Karen, We had a fatter/son dinner last night. It was too dark to check when I got back. I'll see tonight. (I could live with Thomas)

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Dave, I don't think you meant to say "fatter son". You're kid might resent that a little!

Karen

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Oops! You are right!

Centreville, VA(Zone 7a)

Hello everyone, I am new to DG and to WS and Container gardening, as a matter of fact outdoor gardening. Never had ahouse with yard...hehehe

Now that i have plenty of dirt I want to make it colourful with my passion flowers and foilage.
I have been reading these forums and getting inspired and made few containers and sowed few seeds. Not sure if they will become healthy plants or not .

I have a question about containers and WS. How does one take the seedling out of the milk jugs and soda bottles. .

I bet you are all having a good laugh but its driving me insane thinking about how to do it and maybe i will laugh aswell once i know how its done.....:):):)

Tweety

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Hey Tweety - I've flipped the container over onto my other hand and I've also used a shovel or spoon to scoop out.

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

What Anita said :) Good luck :)

Susan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.