What happened to our W*I*N*T*E*R Canada???

Blyth, ON(Zone 5b)

Well....I appear to be batting a thousand....snow squall warnings in effect again today. Only it quit long enough for me to get to work - I only hope I can get home again this afternoon :-(

Belwood, ON(Zone 5a)

Finally, the snow has stopped but not before dumping a whole lot on us. We still have a few roads closed in this area but it should return to normal later today.

Thumbnail by sunkeeper
White Lake, ON(Zone 4b)

Linda - 45 days of rain! Holy smokes...that's insane.

Belwood, ON(Zone 5a)

Today: Cloudy with sunny periods and 60 percent chance of flurries. High minus 4.

Tonight: Cloudy with 40 percent chance of flurries. Low minus 15. YIKES, we're not use to -15!

Wed: Cloudy with sunny periods and 60 percent chance of flurries. Wind becoming northwest 20 km/h early in the afternoon. High minus 7.

Thurs: A mix of sun and cloud with 70 percent chance of flurries. Low minus 10. High minus 4.

Fri: Periods of snow. Low minus 6. High minus 2.

Sat: Periods of snow. Low minus 8. High minus 4.

Enough already, the plants have a nice bed now and are well protected, turn it off!

Where is that stupid white little rodent now?????????

Thumbnail by sunkeeper
Blyth, ON(Zone 5b)

Quoting:
Where is that stupid white little rodent now?????????

My sentiments exactly! My DH and I think he's gone undercover :-)

Mississauga, ON(Zone 6a)

They are pretty pictures sunkeeper.

We have a light layer this morning. Wish old man Winter would just do whatever he's got up his sleeve, and get it over with. lol

Joan

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Linda I think you Wet Coasters should turn all your fans east and blow a few of those systems over the mountains. ;)

Sunkeeper at least the snow ladden pine trees are gorgeous looking.

Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

Pam we'd love to send it to you, but those rocks get in the way! We're having a bit of a break right now form the rain, ther's even a touch of frost on the roofs.

I remember growing up in Trenton Ont and having huge snowfalls in the winter, it seemed to snow for weeks on end.

Anyone heard how Todd has made out with those blizzards he had a week or so ago? And is all the snow in Ont heading his way too?

Linda

Blyth, ON(Zone 5b)

Linda, I believe the snow from Ontario is mostly headed southeast, so there's a chance it may miss Todd.

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

Ok now..........I just saw Liz on the Trop forum.......where did she go???? Are you there, my friend?????????????? Elaine

Belwood, ON(Zone 5a)

It has been a really pretty day today, sunshine for the most part and the trees are beautiful with the light dancing off the snow.

This is winter, you just have to love it! Plants all nice snuggled in their beds, snow crunching under your feet when you walk and it's so quiet outside.

Still think the rodent should be shot though.

Joan, I have your cactus all nice and warm inside for you, don't forget to remind me.

Mississauga, ON(Zone 6a)

Hi Brenda, I have it down on my Yahoo calendar for May 1st. Could probably be earlier than that. What do you think? Joan

Grand Forks, BC(Zone 5b)

I am sure than you folks in Southern Saskatchewan and Manitoba are happy to finally get some snow there over the past couple days. Once they get all your roads back to normal driving conditions, the plants will be the ones that benefit. So sorry that Southern Alberta didn't get the much needed precipitation from this latest storm. I hear there is the threat of bush fires now and highes on the weekend of +18 this weekend. Holy smokes! Literally

Don

Blyth, ON(Zone 5b)

I am NOT a happy camper!!!!!

Ever since the storm that rolled into our region last weekend we have had snow every single day - and sometimes snow squalls. My front garden has snow almost up to my knees, and there is a 2 to 3 inch layer of snow on the branches of all the trees and on the hydro lines. It's looking like a veritable winter wonderland - and from now right through the 24th we're supposed to get snow every day except tomorrow.

I can't take it anymore wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

--Ginny, feeling very hard done by - if you can't tell :-)

Welcome back to Winter. Don't worry, you'll get over it.

Blyth, ON(Zone 5b)

So they tell me :-)

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

I'll still take yours Ginny.......Moose Jaw and area still hasn't gotten a decent snow. :( Can't find my digi right now but the countryside has no snow cover.

Blyth, ON(Zone 5b)

With the very greatest pleasure I will once again pray very earnestly that you get at least some of my snow allocation Pam. I can't attach this pic due to licensing issues, but here is a link to it http://www.zolan.com/liceninfo/childs_prayer.html . I hope this works!

--Ginny

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Thank you.........if anythings gonna do it that sweet face will! I really find farmers get kinda grumpy when their land looks like this.......

Thumbnail by Lilypon

I sure hope there is some farmland between your area and mine that will grow some good crops this year Pam. A neighbor told my DH that some of the fields were still too wet to be worked last fall around here. I suppose the farther west we go the dryer it gets, to the point of drought. Most farmers can't take another year with no crops, if they can even get started this spring.

You can have some of our snow too.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

We will take it gladly Brenda........I don't know how they are gonna make it (unless a really good snowfall or rain comes). :( Alberta and around here to the border will be begging for food for their animals if'n moisture in some form doesn't come.

Regina north and east to the Manitoba border I think are doing fine.

This message was edited Feb 10, 2006 2:12 PM

Grand Forks, BC(Zone 5b)

Yorkton and Saskatoon look like they are faring better.

Saskatoon

Thumbnail by DonM47
Grand Forks, BC(Zone 5b)

Yorkton

Thumbnail by DonM47
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Hi Don
Saskatoon's looking really good........Dad has a friend that has a farm there and they've had so many years of drought that I know he'll be feeling happier for it.

Yorkton I thought would show more snow (given that they had closed the highway and reports coming from there today are pretty good).

Here it's the countryside that is barren.....the little snow that's fallen has all blown into the ditches (or melted away). My DH's territory is from Pense (just outside of Regina) down to the U.S. border, east to Pangman/Wilcox and west to just outside of Swift Current. His view of the countryside, in that territory, is the same as the picture I posted above. He took the above picture yesterday near Claybank/Briercrest.

Grand Forks, BC(Zone 5b)

My dw has family in the Cochrane area of Southern Alberta, and yesterday they were telling us that they too are void of snow, but they aren't worried yet as as they put it, "lots of winter left yet here on the Prairies". They were however complaining about the wind, even though the temperatures register above normal still there, according to them, the winds are howling and it feels 10 degrees colder.

Don

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Nope, no snow in southern Alberta but it sure was windy yesterday! But February and March are often heavy snow months so there is still hope(?)

Blyth, ON(Zone 5b)

Here's some updated pics from Blyth. There are 7 all together.

Thumbnail by ginnylynn
Blyth, ON(Zone 5b)

Here's #2.

Thumbnail by ginnylynn
Blyth, ON(Zone 5b)

#3.

Thumbnail by ginnylynn
Blyth, ON(Zone 5b)

#4 of 7.

Thumbnail by ginnylynn
Blyth, ON(Zone 5b)

#5 - my front yard.

Thumbnail by ginnylynn
Blyth, ON(Zone 5b)

#6 - looking down the street across my back yard.

Thumbnail by ginnylynn
Blyth, ON(Zone 5b)

Last one. The back area of my house.

Thumbnail by ginnylynn

Hey Ginny, you got snow!!! Don't worry, it will melt........sometime......

Mississauga, ON(Zone 6a)

Ginny, I really liked your sunny, snowy pictures, but am glad you have it. No scenes like that here this year. Yet! Old Man Winter isn't finished with us yet. Joan

Blyth, ON(Zone 5b)

Yeah, I'm hoping it will be gone by July Brenda ;-)

Actually, right now they are forecasting a high of +4 and rain on Thursday - but it's going down to -18 tonight, our high next Saturday is only supposed to be -9, and it's showing snow for 5 out of the next 7 days.

Hey Pam - where are you? Maybe we're doing this wrong. What if you prayed your lack of snow my way while I'm praying my snow yours? Maybe the problem is that Saskatchewan is stuffed full of it's current weather and has no room for mine :-)

LOL Good thing you're not gloating Joan - that's what I did a month ago, and look where I am now.

--Ginny

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Still here just looking at your pics and crying on my keyboard.

Ginny ya know I think maybe we should try that.........or I could be like Lynn (jagonjune) and celebrate the lack of snow out there. Maybe if I really enjoyed it, it will come just to spite me. ;)

Temps were just below freezing today but, like two days ago, the wind was wicked. We are back to being ☼ (which was very nice to see :).

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

report from the city of Vancouver, BC............down to -6, this coming Thursday!!! yikes! E

Blyth, ON(Zone 5b)

Is it time, do you think, to start a second thread for this? It's getting pretty long now. Might get to be a problem for peeps without high speed access.

Yes, but let's wait for lilypon cause it's her thread. I'm on dial-up and it's not too bad yet.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.