leaves on pink princess philo

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I have three pink princess philodendrons and I always eagerly await the opening of new leaves to see what they look like . Each one is different.

Thumbnail by rylaff
Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

wow! what a beauty!
DeeS

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

very cool!!!

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

I am still searching for a pink philo...I have just seen pictures of them...if anyone is willing to share a slip of one i have lots of houseplants i am willing to share.

Thanks,

Char

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Lisa, I agree. Some of my leaves open nearly all pink, with only a smidgen of green. Others open purple and grey. Yet still, others open green and grey. I may be missing some other color combination in this line up! I love this plant. I have 2 of them, but one is not as robust as the main princess. How tall is yours now Lisa? Mine has to be 4 feet tall. It grew a lot this summer. Slow growth during the winter months.

GH

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

My largest one has doubled in size since I got it, but it is nowhere near as large as yours. The other two are just not as robust. My largest one I got from a guy in south Florida who specializes in rarer plants (especially variegated ones). The other two I got off ebay.

-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

I, too, have been searching for these, but I don't want to spend $35.00 on one... am I being stingy?

Does anyone have an idea of where they might be available at a reasonable amount? Have you ever seen one at Target? Just wondering...

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

FlowrLady,

I have looked and looked online for a cheaper one...i have yet to find one.. I would love just a little one so that i could grow it.

If you happen to find one that is cheaper, please let me know

Char

Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

I've actually found it at some of my local Home Depots. They charge $7 for a plant that's at least a foot high. Maybe if you talk to your local HD, they can order it for you the next time they place an order? It's from the same company that makes the "Home Depot" plants, so they must be able to order it. I know they definitely weren't the Exotic Angels plants. They have the big sticker with a photo on it, and in very tiny letters underneath the photo it said "pink princess". That's HD's brand, right? I seem to remember that the sticker had Home Depot written on it in the upper right hand corner.

Kelly

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Wow, that is an unbelievable price. I certainly would have grabbed more up for that price.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Wow, Kelly! You should go and buy a whole bunch at that price! Mine is starting to put out new leaves now. I had taken a couple of cuttings in the fall for trades so maybe this helped.
:) Donna

I am going to Home Depot right after work!! I want one SO BADLY!! Thanks for the HD info.

Well, I did as I said... they wrote my name and number down and said they'd call me after they ordered me one... I haven't heard from them.

Elkhart, IN

i just wanted to show you all the pink ladythat i just received from natural resources they are very nice size plants and beautiful. nurselavern

Thumbnail by nurselavern
Elkhart, IN

here is the second picture very nice plants

Thumbnail by nurselavern
Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Nice PP, Nurse Lavern!

Did you mean Natural Selections? Is that where you got those lovely plants? I didnt' know they carried them. Translation: I'm slacking on my online web browsing for new plants!

Make sure you give her good humidity. The leaves tend to brown if it's not receiving proper humidity. What kind of light is yours receiving? I grow mine in a Western exposure.

GH

Elkhart, IN

yes i mean natural selections i just had a mind blast smile.i have them in my bedroom in front of my patio doors. This where the sun comes up. my bed room is right next to my batroom. The plants are sitting right by the bath room door. nurselavern

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

They look great. Mine are also growing in a west facing window. I keep a spritzer bottle nearby and spritz em when I pass by. Mine are really growing. Those are a couple of nice ones.

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

How do you take cuttings of these? The plant files say "leaf cuttings". How is this accomplished and how long does it take for them to root? Thanks, Lou

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

PF says leaf cuttings?

I really don't think Philos will root/grow from a leaf, though I've never tried it.

Stem cuttings are the surest way to propagate these....directly below leaf nodes.

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I think it has to be stem cuttings just like many other philos.

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

I've propogated mine from a stem cutting just below a node, with ease. Although, air layering would work just as well and would be kinda fun.:) Philos are not propagated from leaf cuttings, to the best of my knowledge.

Make sure you provide warmth, humidity and bright light(no direct sun) to your cutting.

GH

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.