Other?
(27 votes, 9%)
Red dot

No resolutions for me!
(70 votes, 24%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Definitely vowing not to buy more plants until I have space available! We'll see how that works out for me, though....LOL!

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5b)

Actually, I could have voted for several of these. I did vote for not buying more plants than I have available space (LOL). But, I also want to spend more time enjoying my garden this year

Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

"I will take time to enjoy my garden more this year". 'The garden', such as it is, has been changing annually for the past 30 years, as have I. Since I can no longer dig, lift, carry and haul like I used to it is time to sit back with a cool drink in the shade of the wisteria and enjoy what has transpired. There is always time to plant some annuals and trim the perennials, even time to put out all those Brugmansia seedlings, but most of all I'm looking forward to taking time to literally smell the roses.

Aurora, TX(Zone 8a)

I will put in more perennial/self-sustaining wildlife-supporting plants into my garden this year, and thus, get to ENJOY it more! =D

Blyth, ON(Zone 5b)

I too vow to take more time to simply enjoy my gardens this year. I spent so much time establishing new gardens last year I had very little left over to just sit quietly and soak up the peace I had worked so hard to create with them. There's just this one little project for spring....well, relatively speaking it's little....and I think I can keep it to just that one project....unless I can.....NO! STOP IT! YOU'RE BREAKING YOUR RESOLUTION ALREADY!!! :-)

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

I am planning on working on my journal - I also am planning on being very organized and keeping records of everything.

Mobile, AL(Zone 8b)

I voted other because there was not a choice that read "All of the above!"

Culpeper, VA(Zone 7a)

No dithering about with this one. Definitely "will not buy more plants than I have space for", or in my case, "than I have "prepared" space for". With 21 acres, I always have space, it's just not ready to accept plants yet & my eyes & intentions are always bigger than the time I have available.

I always share extra plants, veggies, & flowers with friends & neighbors, & if we can get at least one of our local food pantries to accept fresh produce, I'll gladly give to them as well.

Last year someone who works for my husband was starting a veggie garden, so I sent my husband into work with several large trays full of tomato, pepper, eggplant, okra, & greens seedlings. Just like with plants, I ALWAYS start way way too many seeds inside & then end up like a lunatic squeezing them in here & there & in containers.

Am thinking I need to become a market gardener - lol!!!

Columbus, OH(Zone 6a)

Well, I have no problem with buying more plants, since I'm planning on expanding some beds, but I'll have no business expanding if I don't get out there and take care of the weeds!

-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

I need to do all of the above! I'd like to learn the botanical names, and I'd like to have more time to spend with my flowers.

I know I can't resolve to buy only enough plants for the space I have... If I see something I like, I just HAVE to buy it!

I'm really looking forward to spring :D

Braselton, GA(Zone 8a)

I voted 'other'..... but it really means all of the above!

Central, KY(Zone 6b)

I picked to enjoy my garden more. I ordered too many daylilies at one time and didn't have the beds ready so I stressed all summer about getting them in the ground. I spent the rest of my time looking at the other perennials and deciding on what I wanted to move around, by the end of the season I was sick of digging and was just glad to be done! I think I'll be much more happy with my beds this year and will garden at my leisure rather than being in such a tizzy! I even added a bench so I can just sit among the flowers and relax!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I'd vote for three of them: the journal, the sharing that we always do with our friends, family and neighbors, and enjoying more. I'll also use the camera a lot more and especially early in the morning.

We did over four gardens last year: 25 to go but not this year!

Denver, CO

To myself: "Think of location before you buy... Think of location before you buy... Think of location before you buy... "

I find it hard to enjoy my plants as much as I enjoy looking at new varieties to try!

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Currently trying to find land w/o buildings - criteria (sp?) 10 or more acres, wooded, w/a creek or river flowing accross it at some point. near Pittsville, VA.

Am I Dreaming - or what? - Dyson

Missouri City, TX(Zone 9a)

Dyson take me with you! I like that dream better than those I have.

I selected other because this year I am going to try some plants that are new to me, sort of broaden my horrizens- also going to use pots for some of those that I would have planted in the ground before- JamesCo, I have location issues also.

I also hope to make more trades than I have in the past, having made a few over the past month I think it's very exciting and a lovely way to make new friends.
April

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I voted that I will not buy more plants than I have space for them. Yeah, right! When have I said that before? And if you believe I'm going to stick to that, I have lovely farm land that I could sell you at low tide.

With me, it's come home with a plant, enlarge the garden. Then, I have free space so it's get more plants and the cycle starts anew. It's an addiction. One night, I'll end up in a church hall, standing alone in front of a crow, confessing: "Hi, my name is Sylvain and I'm a plant addict"; and the crowd will answers in unison: "Hi, Sylvain.". It's a good thing.

Best success in all your endeavours.
Sylvain.

Schroon Lake, NY(Zone 4a)

Here's another vote for all of the above. Oh, and I'm also going to stop running over the hoses with the lawn tractor, turning them into soaker hoses...

Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

All of the above EXCEPT the one about buying more plants than I have room for. What's the fun in that???

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I voted to enjoy it more. Yes we all enjoy the work , but do we all enjoy the results enough?
I am starting to not buy too many plants, mainly because I give away more that I already have.
Al

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

My vote is to deal with weeds better...got tons of space, have a fair idea of the botanical names, always share my bounty...but by august, it seems that the Great Weed War is taking a turn for the opposing side...that's my one ambition...less weeds and grass where I don't want them.

Memphis, TN(Zone 7b)

resolutions never work for me....one day at a time....

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

I will not buy more plants than I have available spaceI will not buy more plants than I have available space.

This will be tough for me - always is! But now I am in an apartment with no deck and will be limited to space inside. I'm going to have to buckle down!

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

I said that I will not buy more plants than I have room for, but there is a loophole in that one.......I'm growing things from seed this year! ROTFLOL

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

I voted to deal with weeds. I already do that well but it is a bit of an obsesion I guess..............It's those late weeds lurking in the big foliage that is hardest to deal with.

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

I voted other. I need to do all of the options listed, but the main thing I need to do is some plant rearranging in my flowerbeds. When I landscaped around the new house 2 years ago, and dug up what was around the trailer house to move, I think I was stressed trying to get things moved and done. I definitely made some boo boos that I need to fix.

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

I voted other. I need to do all of the options listed, but the main thing I need to do is some plant rearranging in my flowerbeds. When I landscaped around the new house 2 years ago, and dug up what was around the trailer house to move, I think I was stressed trying to get things moved and done. I definitely made some boo boos that I need to fix.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

I decided on other. As I can't seem to do the rest, I can atleat learn the names of the weeds that grow in my flower bed. LOL :o)

Claremore, OK

Weeds. They blow in when you live in the country.

This year I'm trying all kinds of mulch: alfalfa hay for my garlic, pecan hulls for the azaleas, ground up leaves from last fall for the bulk of the other plants.

On the paths, I'm trying gravel and wood chips.

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

I voted for "other" - my other is to enlarge the planting area in my daylily beds. I already broke my resolutaion not to buy more than I have space for (and the winter is by no means over... keep AWAY from the lily auction). So I FIRMLY resolve to have bigger beds dug by spring arrival time. LOL!

yeah right.

Piedmont, MO(Zone 6a)

I voted other.....I'm hoping to downsize my gardens this year because of the regular summer droughts here. It seems I spend the entire summer, (and quite often, spring and part of autumn) watering constantly.

Linden, VA(Zone 6a)

I voted "other" since my resolution is a variation on the "not buy too many plants" theme. I will have plenty of space for years to come, but I buy way too many when I could be propagating much more. After 5 years with this garden, many perennials are getting to the division stage; so I'll be satisfied (that's the key) to use the divisions rather than spending more money for different plants. The 'color echoes' threads have definitely inspired me to try using many things differently this year. So the divisions can be used toward that end (I hope???) That's what I'm hoping, anyway!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I didn't vote. To many years of "going to do this & going to do that", that never came to an conclusion. I will just plod along doing as it comes along. Probably dig up more grass to add more flowers, so I have more area to weed. Will plant more things in the greenhouse than I can get rid of, & on &on it goes.
Happy Gardenning,
Bernie

Circle Pines, MN(Zone 4b)

I voted other, too. I am going to try to do a little of All of the Above. Buying more plants than I have space for is a lost cause, since I grow 90% from seed and always have at least double what I have room for, but my friends and family have gotten used to the bounty.

Normally I stick with flowers, but I am going to try my hand at a few veggies this year, though! Great - just what I need - a new obsession.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Everyone sounds just like me - obsessed, already OWN more plants than I have space for, mulch mulch mulch, plan plan plan, don't forget to stop and enjoy, remember DH's bad back, how come kids don't enjoy weeding?

Orangeville, ON(Zone 4b)

I voted to not make any resolutions. I find resolutions to be too limiting and my garden is the one place in the world where I'm free to enjoy, share and learn as I go.

Erynne

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

I can celebrate successes without making resolutions first.

No resolutions for me......takin' life one day at a time!

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

I should try harder to keep weeds under control, but there's no sense making resolutions that you know you aren't going to keep, so I voted that I have no resolutions. I have enough things in other aspects of my life to work on.

Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

I voted other. I plan on controling my tomato population, pruning and planting further apart. Another resolution will be for me to get any plants I buy into the ground ASAP!

-Kim

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.