'Pink Princess' new growth.......a joy!

Aurora, TX(Zone 8a)

Actually, this is one of the "teen" leaves.....new babies above......I LOVE the pink speckles in the leaf too.

=)

Thumbnail by mkjones
Mansfield, TX(Zone 8a)

That is so pretty! I plan to try to find one of those in the spring. By then yours will be big and beautiful.
Sharon

Mandeville, LA(Zone 9a)

I was just looking at one called Pink Queen on www.asiaticanursery.com. What is the difference. Queen is bigger I guess? Or maybe just different name for same plant? They are really beautiful. I was all set to order but they're not shipping again until spring.

Aurora, TX(Zone 8a)

Wow, Nema......didn't know THAT site was out there! Great stuff. Just what I need, another plant source...lol. Don't know about the 'Pink Queen?' Maybe it is one of the parent plants of 'Princess?' We'll have to get somebody in here to answer that for us!!

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Nice!
I think that "Pink Queen" is the same plant...just growing in ideal conditions, and given a different nameby the nursery...but I surely could be wrong.

My PP came from Hawaii, and when I received it - had really large leaves. New leaves growing in my house (even near the humdifier) are quite a bit smaller.

Yes, Asiatica has a few plants I covet, too!
Have never ordered from them, but have spoken to others who have and are very happy with them.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Wow, that Asiatica site had me enthralled for way too long. I don't have any idea how to incorporate any of those Asian types into my benignly neglected New England garden, although I guess gardeners have been doing that for generations. I mean there was a time when there were no dahlias, or Angelique tulips, but we seem to have incorporated them into our gardens w/out any trouble.

xxx, Carrie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.