Amaryllis Blooms

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Share your Holiday blooms here ~

8 beautiful blooms from this Double Record

Thumbnail by Moby
Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Moby,

oooo, that's absolutely beautiful. I have only 2 blooms on my Double Record but there's more coming,,,don't think I'll get that many though. Here is a pic of just one of the blooms

Kelly

Thumbnail by GardenGeek_WI
Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Beautiful blooms, you two. I don't have any pictures to share. Oh, wait! I don't have any amaryllis either. Must do something about that.....

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

There are still a bunch at Campbell's! Probably lots of other places too. :)

Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Moby, you are such an enabler!

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

LOL

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

*big cheesy grin*

This bulb bloomed earlier than I had planned, but I know there are more blooms out there....

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

A close-up of my 'Papilio'......

Thumbnail by kbaumle
Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

A full view:

Thumbnail by kbaumle
Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

One more, in which if you look closely, you can see the sap in the center. It's the white spot, although the sap is clear. And VERY sticky!

Thumbnail by kbaumle
Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Kylee,
That is one beautiful Amaryllis,
Kelly

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Isn't it? I just LOVE it!!!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

That is so pretty it hardly looks real. I especially like that last shot ~ wow!

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

very nice. can't wait to see mine blooming next spring

Ft. Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Beautiful!!! I just bought 2 bulbs yesterday (the first and only bulbs I've tried). I sure hope mine turn out half as nice as these. Thx-Jeff

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Jeff,

Positive Thinking is a Big help,,,,LOL,,,,I'm sure your bulbs will be gorgeous,,,just remember,,,we Need pics when they bloom,,,,,LOL

Kelly

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Well I'll be dipped!

As if Double Record didn't give me enough of a spectacular display ~ I thought this was going to be the start of the folliage, but it's another flower stem. Sure lives up to it's name. :)

Thumbnail by Moby
Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

I just potted up a marked down 'Apple Blossom' I got at Walmart this afternoon. Looking forward to it growing and blooming in several weeks.

Moby, that's just awesome!

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Moby,
Good for you,,,that's great. Wonder how many you'll get off of this stem????

Kelly

Kylee,
Nice to hit sales huh?,,,LOL

Kelly

Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Looks like some pots in the background there too, Moby. What are you hiding from us behind that enviable Double (Triple?) Record?

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Kelly........sure is! I'm scouring the web for the best place to buy 'La Paz' cybister amaryllis. I just HAVE to have it!

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

oooo, that is a gorgeous one.

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

I had a 10% off code from my last order with EasyToGrowBulbs.com, so I just ordered three 'La Paz' from them. :-) Now to find the perfect pot for them...

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Lucky dog! :)

McGlory, those other pots aren't anything of much interest ~ they are just house plants and one I'm trying to root. The one to the left is another Amaryllis that will bloom in a few days.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Kylee,
That's great,,,love sales,,,LOL

Kelly

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

I just love to buy plants and flowers. Sales are just a bonus! LOLOLOL

Silt, CO(Zone 4a)

Each year I try new Amaryllis .My 2005 trials arrived late due to delivery mishaps . I am so pleased with the fact they actually bloomed by Christmas .The Santana is a Mini and the Moonlight has the most beautiful green veins . Waiting on Baby Star to open ....

Thumbnail by nansgarden2
Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Ooooooh, that Santana is really neat. Looks much like La Paz that I just ordered!

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

nans,

Beautiful.

Kelly

Denver, CO

Nice Nans.

Kbaumle, nice shot. "La Paz" is "Peace" in Spanish, If you didn't know.
Keeping warm, Kelly?

Good to see you around (& Happy Christmas to All).
James

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Hey JamesCO,
Nice to run into you. Actually for the past 2 days it has been really mild here. So, yes, I guess I am,,,LOL You doing well?

Merry Christmas All,

Kelly

Denver, CO

Doing grand. 50 degrees today, and I didn't get outdoors! Fiddling with my new plantlights... Madness. Lights will be good for all of the little Hippeastrum seedlings. Life is very good.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

JamesCO,
Have fun with the lights,,,,LOL Glad to hear things are going well for you.

Kelly

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Kenton, yes, I did know that. I had a couple of years of Spanish in high school, and we had an exchange student living with us in 1993-94, from Ecuador. Wish I could speak fluently, but I can't. :-(

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

Kylee

Chicago, IL

Very happy with my Papilio but have already seen many beautiful posts of those! Here is my "Baby Star".

Thumbnail by scubadoobie
Chicago, IL

...and my "Philadelphia"...

Thumbnail by scubadoobie
Chicago, IL

...and what I believe is a "Lemon-Lime" - it was in the "Picotee" bin and I got quite a shock when it opened. I think it is too yellow to be a "Green Goddess", though...

Thumbnail by scubadoobie
Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Oooooh, so many pretty ones!!!

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

I have Green Goddess, we can compare notes when it blooms

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

scub,
Goregeous,,,it must be wonderful around your house with that many in bloom.

Kelly

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.