Brown Spiderwort

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

I think this plant is so neat! It does get little flowers. I had to work really hard to find this in a trade...lol.
:) Donna

Thumbnail by PerennialGirl
Northern California, CA(Zone 9a)

I bought one of these at HD a few months back, it didn't have a name tag. So it's a brown spiderwort?

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Yep. Isn't it the cutest thing!

Fruitport, MI(Zone 5a)

Donna, I bought one of these when I was in Chicago this fall. It wasn't named so I'm glad to see your post. Thanks for the help in identifying one more plant in my collection.

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Siderasis fuscata

I have a small one myself, Donna...not quite big enough to have traded (even if I'd known you were looking for it!)

You got a nice one!!

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

You should know me by now, Nan......what I can't get and see....I want....lol.

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

hehee....we're a lot alike in that way!
Just makes you want it all the more, doesn't it!

I've found this plant to be easier than the books claim......wishing you success with yours!

Fruitport, MI(Zone 5a)

Does anyone know how often it flowers? What are the optimal conditions for this plant. I'd like to transplant it. What type of soil would be best? I've only had it for a for a couple of months. It looks great but no flowers. I would appreciate any advise.

I just bought 3 of these tonight for $1 each. My son loves fuzzy plants, so nothing would do but for us to buy all they had. I figure he'll "pet" one to death anyway! LOL
In doing some research about them, I found that they're also called Bear Ears. He's decided he likes that name better than Spiderwort. Since I didn't find much growing information, except that they're supposedly a bit more challenging than most houseplants, but no explanation of how they're more difficult, I'd be interested in optimal growing conditions for these plants, too.
Thanks all!
RG

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.