Houseplant Bargain

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Just got back from Lowes, got 35 houseplants at 10 cents each. Most I didn't have some I did, I figured the extra pots were worth 10 cents if I can't get the plant to live. So excited. Will have to sneak these in the house tonight while hubby sleeps.

Emporia, KS(Zone 5b)

hahaha Good luck hiding them!!

Good bargain, too! I'm jealous!! ;)
Cj

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Wow.....what a deal! I've *never* seen plants for 10 cents....anywhere!! So.....what'd you get?

LOL!! You sound like me.....I went to a greenhouse/gift shop yesterday, and came home with not only a 'gift', but a Poinsettia and a couple of other plants.....luckily DH had company when I got home.....so I didn't have to work too hard to sneak!!

I already have quite a collection, and I move them around once in a while, so he probably just thinks I moved a few again!

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

I didn't get a chance to really look at them, I know there was some type of ficus, china doll, lipstick plant, two types of pepporma, couple types of ivy, Coffee tree, purple waffle, peace lilly, some type of dumbcame, several types of arrowhead plant, and I don't know what else. Can't wait to get home and go through better.

Hubby wouldn't normally complain however I can't put our tree up due to so many houseplants, so I am sure it would probaly think I needed to be medicated if he saw them. With these 35 plus the varigated ficus I had to buy I should have around 140-150, with some being duplicates of other types. I will just trade the duplicated away come spring. I have some pots with 7-8 different starts in them. I am addict thats for sure.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

What a steal! I definitely don't see deals like that! Way to go!!
:) Donna

Belleville , IL(Zone 6b)

Decorate the pots in a Christmas theme, Snboyken. I bet they could be wrapped in candy cane colors with ribbon. Hot glue some ornaments to them (POTS), hang tinsel from their branches. Who says trees are the only thing to decorate in plant world.

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

I like the idea, however don't have the time. I did decorate one of my trees in sports ball ornaments, really cute.

Hastings, MI

Hey, I made a bargain with my hubby years ago. No duplicate plants. Ha, Ha. If he only knew how many different kinds of plants there are. Well, I've got so many large plants now that I've started to lease plants I've made up from my mother plants to businesses to brighten up there waiting rooms. Either that or throw them in the garden for compost and I just couldn't do that. I just couldn't part with them.

Marijo from Michigan

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Hey, Marijo, does that mean if I lease a plant from YOU, you'll come by and water it and mother it [or baby it?], and I don't have to do any of those things? Do you take clients in MASSACHUSETTS? lol lol I wish, then I wouldn't have any more carcasses on my conscience.

xxx, Carrie

Hastings, MI

Sorry, you'll have to mother them yourself. I'm staying in Michigan not cause I like the winter though or even the length of the planting season. But I was born here. I am jealous of all those garden shows which come to us from warmer climents. Oh what would it be like to garden outside all year long. Heaven!

Marijo

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh well, too bad. I'll manage, I guess.

xxxx, Carrie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.