Cheap Seeds

westport, Ireland

Does any one know a good source of cheap flower seeds? Just moved into a new house with 2 acres of garden so I need a cheap supply to get me started!!

Spokane Valley, WA(Zone 5b)

If you lived in the States, I'd suggest visiting retail stores like WalMart or BigLots. :)

Perhaps some of our European members can be of more assistance in the European Forum? http://davesgarden.com/forums/f/eu/

westport, Ireland

Cheers.

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Just ordered from valueseeds.com, cheap prices, check to see if they ship outside USA.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

I've heard good things about www.valueseeds.com as well. I even placed an order as the prices were incredible!!

Got my order from valueseeds.com, and it was all there, and promptly sent. Worthy, have you checked this site. Evidently they do not fill orders for some countries, as a lady from Canada had me order for her and send it by mail. If that is your situation, will check postal regulations, and if there is no problem with shipping seeds to you will do that for you also. Let me know.

Someone else just posted another site in another forum it is www.superseeds.com. Look at that one too. Most seeds are 95Cents.

westport, Ireland

Thanks for the offer defoecat. I've just contacted a mate in California and he's going to order for me. me great to get my hands on some of these ridiculously cheap seeds! Will let you know how they go on. Once again, thanks.

Worthy, glad that you have someone to order for you. I can't wait until spring, to see what kind of germination rate these seeds have.

westport, Ireland

Me too. They will certainly get a lot of my business and recommendations if things turn out OK.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I've ordered from Pinetree on and off for years and have no problems with their germination rate.

Susan

New Richmond, WI(Zone 3b)

Thank you for posting the link to Value Seeds. Being new to flower gardening, I am looking for a nice variety of seeds to try at reasonable prices. It's the best site I have found. I placed a sizeable order. Placed an order earlier from Wildflowers, they are also reasonable. I am going to try some winter sowing. I am having gardening withdrawal.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

I just ordered from valueseeds also. Thought I was getting too much stuff and my total was only $15. Probably have more than I could ever use up lol. Excited to see how they do!

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

TGN Pumpkin Nook has excellent prices too! http://www.goemerchant1.com/index.cgi?Merchant=PremierStarCompany&Cartid=23481135877781&ExpandedDepts=29148

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi. I wanted to let those know who ordered from Valueseeds.com that I just had 100% germination rate on some Alyssum I bought from them and sowed TWO days ago. This morning, every one of them had popped up.

Also had some others pop up but just one or two of each so I'll let you know how the others turn out too. I was so excited to see the Alyssum this morning!

Auburn, MA(Zone 5b)

I ordered from valueseeds about a month ago. My order came within a couple of days. Everything accounted for and well packaged. So, I went back and did another huge order. Although, all the seeds come in plain wrappers with just the seed name on it, so you may have to search somewhere for germination info. I think I was getting giddy from all the cheap prices. :) I ordered things that I didn't even know what they were.....but the picture looked pretty.

I've found out since, that they are a subsidiary of Thomson and Morgan. This seems to be how they get rid of leftover this year's seed. Works for me!

dobie, ON(Zone 3a)

Hi everyone, i am the one that defoecat ordered for and i have had excellent germination on all that has been planted and that is most of them. they are seeds from the 2005 year of thompson & morgan that they can't sell for full retail. I give them a green thumbs up. Want to order more from them but hubby says he'll plant me if more seeds come into the house! LOL
Have fun ordering from them.

Montreal, QC(Zone 4b)

Here is a source for cheap seeds http://solanaseeds.netfirms.com/welcome.html everything is in Canadian$ and it costs only $2 on all orders, any amount, for handling and shipping.

This message was edited Jan 9, 2006 6:00 PM

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Oh, zarcanat--that Solanaseeds site has some wonderful selections and at great prices! Thank you for posting that. t.

Brimfield, MA(Zone 5a)

You may want to check out www.cheapseeds.com also - they have for example: 44,000 Shirley Corn Poppy seeds for 2.50, 2,700 Sweet William seeds for 2.50 and shipping is 1.50 no matter how many packs you get there. They have all kinds of seed types, but those were just some examples. Worth a peek.

Valueseeds is another company that truly has pricing that made me buy waaaaay more seeds than I start out looking to get.

Megan

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

lafko06, I ordered from ValueSeeds.com too! Waaaay more than I needed but so inexpensive! I understand they are the Outlet Store for Thomson & Morgan Seed Co.

http://www.valueseeds.com/

Moon Twp, PA(Zone 6a)

Megan - Thanks for the link - like their stepping stone molds. Thought had been there before, but must have missed them... Thanks ~ Suzi :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.