ALL my lilies

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

I think this is all my lilies(not counting the new fall arrivals) I sure hope this works!

Thumbnail by notmartha
So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Wonderful collage!

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

holey moley.....that's some quilt!

How Beautiful is that!!
I agree. That is Quite the Quilt of Lilies.

Excelsior, MN(Zone 4a)

WOW!!!!!

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

bigger WOW!!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Dori ~ what is the lily in row 6 (from the top) and second pic from the left?

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

beautiful !

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

that was one of the ones that i got from vandycks- in a mix
not sure of the name!

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

that is so fine.

Gladwin, MI(Zone 4b)

Totally awesome! I have been lurking on this forum and enjoying all of the beautiful pictures but haven't posted any yet. Your collage is really beautiful.

Marilyn (from the Michigan forum)

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Hi Marilyn ~ come visit often!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

mariyln
Hi there-dont lurk jump right in thats what keeps the site moving-we need more action in the michigan forum too!!!!

Thanks EVERYONE for looking at my lilies- i luv to share pics and plants!

Fenton, MO(Zone 5b)

Is that heaven?

(Zone 7b)

lily heaven -your garden must be the most intoxicating place to be, nose-wise!

Fruitport, MI(Zone 5a)

I was thinking the same thing 2zeus. It must smell heavenly at bloom time. How do you keep all the deer away Dori? I have to keep my orientals in the fenced in garden or the deer will have em for desert.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Beautiful collage - looks 81 lilies! Just amazing. Are they in different areas of your gardens or one drop dead garden?

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Awesome, isn't that program really catching on. So much fun to see these collages. Really neat. Hugs, mich

(Zone 7b)

that's what I love so much about DG - not only do I get to learn all this neat garden/pet/people stuff, but I learn stuff like picasa too.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

We can teach you a few other things too ~
Like decorating bowling balls. :)

(Zone 7b)

allright, I'll be the straight man, how do you decorate bowling balls?

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

notmartha--really fabulous collection of lilies! When is your garden tour scheduled for next summer? I'll be there! t.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I believe notmartha is the bowling ball queen. ;)
Ultimately, it's an unbreakable gazing ball in the colors and design of your choosing.

Here's mine ~

Thumbnail by Moby
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

here were a few i made-still have lots more to do!

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

another long winters projects

Thumbnail by notmartha
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Dori ~ do you usually use clear glass beads with the color on the ball? For some reason they're getting really hard to find around here.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i use all color beads and balls.i have used blue on blue and pinks on marble red and white ball-and everything on black!

my gf arliene is the one that showed me and she has some really pretty BBallz
she is a member here
http://community.webshots.com/album/72413080FzFKet

(Zone 7b)

that is so cool - I do stained glass, so to see the jewels used for this is really neat!
where do you find the used bowling balls, and what do you stick the jewels on with?

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

You can always try garage sales or just call your local bowling alleys and ask for old / broken balls. They usually throw them away so you may have to ask them to save a couple.

I stick the glass beads on with clear silacone caulk.

I envy you doing the stained glass! Bet you could create some real beauties. To get in to classes around here, (they're always full) someone has to die before they give up their spot!

Fenton, MO(Zone 5b)

Hey those are really cool notmartha.

(Zone 7b)

moby, stained glass is easy, I taught myself how to do it with a beginners book I got from a stained glass supply store - the mechanics of it are very basic, after that, it's just getting the skills down through practise - if I can do it, so can you!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

my sis just won a stained glass contest and is in some stained glass magazine-she has done some really awesome stuff!
i have a few of her windows! :)

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

2zeus -- do you have pics of your glass work? I'll have to give it a go one of these days.

This message was edited Nov 5, 2005 3:33 PM

(Zone 7b)

right now, the only pics I have on digital, and hence on computer, are some windows around the house -

Thumbnail by 2zeus
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Wowwww............had to pick up my jaw so I could type! I especially love that one in the upper right. Zowie!

The zebras are wonderful and that had to be so difficult. They're all lovely. Our compliments to you.

Edited to remove an error - thanks Moby!

This message was edited Nov 5, 2005 6:00 PM

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Pirl, these are the ones that 2zeus did.

(Zone 7b)

pirl, the zebra one started out as a huge pattern with 6 zebras in it, and my DH said to me - you are going to go NUTS with all that black and white glass, maybe you should cut it down a bit? When I thought about it, I realised he was right - so it got down to just 2...
moby, the one in the upper right is the one everybody tries to buy - it has 425 pieces in a window 16"x20" - one of my favs, though.

2: That was my first thought - that you'd go nuts with all the black and white. Now, if there were nothing but zebras, filling the whole frame, that would be beyond amazing!

I like the upper right corner, too, but didn't all the water get you a bit bleary eyed?

(Zone 7b)

that was my first attempt at portraying water, you should have seen what I went through to get the pattern the way I wanted it - after that, cutting and grinding was the fun part!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.