S Florida RU Trade List

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Round up is scheduled for 11/12 and due to Wilma's antics, we will have it at my house. I will post my own trade list in the second post below. All attending may make their own trade list in this thread. You can edit each item in your list as it is claimed for trade.

Molly

This message was edited Nov 8, 2005 7:06 AM

Alrighty, here's the start of my list. I will add to it as I take further inventory and when the generator is up and running. :^)))

3 Spider Water lilies
5 Angel Trumpets: Frosty Pink, cuttings, rooting now
3 Angel Trumpets: Charles Grimaldi, cuttings, rooting now
Various gingers, wind blown
3 small tropical ferns
2 crossandras, peach colored
2 Morning Glory bush cuttings, rooting now
1 Crinum Lily
3 Fish tail Ferns
2 Castor Bean seedlings
2 Jatropha Multifida Seedlings
3 diffenbachia (common)
1 syngonium
2 Pepperomia
Margarite Sweet Potato Vine
2 White 4:00's
3 Pink 4:00's

My wish list, things that grow in zone 9, perennials, cupheas, red turks, salvias, agastache

Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 9b)

Will still try to make it but not a great one for 2 long drives in 1 day. If I come, here's some of what I can bring.

Yellow plumeria established plants
duranta - purple
porter weed - purple
porter weed - red
snail vine
clerodendron bungei
castor bean plants
stapelia huernia schneideriana (succulent)
sweet potato vine - tricolor
sweet potato vine - blackie
papaya plants
common edible banana
that's off the top of my head - probably more
Jan...

Add:
assorted canna
banana (chiquita type)
morning glory bush (starting to root in water)

This message was edited Nov 8, 2005 1:17 PM

Fort Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10b)

Hi Everyone. I haven't started a list yet. I need a few more days to see what survived in the nursery. It looks pretty good so far, but you know how that goes.

Art

Jan,

I have a sofa bed and you are welcome to stay the night to take the stress off so much travel in a day.

Molly
:^)))

Hi Molly,
We'll see. I may take you up on it.
How is the gas situation around there. I hate to come down and not be able to get back. LOL

Jan,

We are having more stations open up for business every day. I expect things to improve a lot more by roundup date. Although I filled up before Wilma and haven't needed to buy more, I hear tell the prices are still good (whatever that means)

Molly
:^))))

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

My sister said she bought gas in Kissimmee Saturday for $2.429

Kissimmee is a couple hours north of Miami.
Gas over here in St. Pete is down to 2.35 or so.

Hi Everyone! I have the following growing in my nursery and available. Note, on plants you might not be familar with, I have c-PF's after the plant so you know it's in my plant file pictures.
Just speak up.

The following are all rooted.

1 Red Porterweed
1 Golden Shrimp Plant "claimed by Jnana - Val"
1 Mexican Sunflower Tithonia diversifolia (perennial) I can make more since they grow well from cuttings. Grows over 10'. c-PF's
4 Cardboard palms
1 Stevia plant
1 Mexican Flame Vine
1 Neoregelia Crispata bromilead c-PF's
2 Copperleaf in Greens & Whites c-PF's
2 Cape Honeysuckle
1 Scorpion Tail c-PF's
1 Cork-Bark Passionflower
1 ZZ Plant c-PF's
1 Yellow Butterfly Bush
1 Buddelia
1 Snow on the Mountain
1 Clerodendrum Blue Butterfly
1 unk Sedum groundcover nice gold/orange flower
2 Schefflera Nova (excellent butterfly bush to over 10') c-PF's
Several Jathropia Multifida c-PF's
1 Peregrina, Spicy Jatropha, Jatropha integerrima c-PF's
1 Simpson's Stopper "claimed by bugielover - Jan "
1 Bougainvillea 'Raspberry Ice' Bougainvillea brasiliensis c-PF's
Several Flaming Glory Bower, Clerodendrum speciosissimum Gets very large.
And I have the following weeds (which attract butterflies in winter)
Several Wild Poinsetta
Several Spanish Needles

I also have several 6" to 8" of Senna alata. A great butterfly bush. I picked these up at Butterfly World.

Cuttings of Variegated Devil's Backbone, Pine-Barren Goldenrod, Night Blooming Jasmine, Beach Sunflower, Bloodberry, Jewels of Opar (plain or varigated).

Someone, a while ago made a comment about wanting a piece of a tall Begonia Cassandra was giving away. I have a growing piece of this plant too if you want it.

The picture attached is of the unk Sedum blooming.

Art

This message was edited Nov 8, 2005 6:37 AM

Thumbnail by artcons

Hi Art,
I would be very much interested in the Simpson Stopper. Been looking for one awhile. Are you looking for anything in particular?
Jan...

Hi Jan, I'll put you down on my list for the Simpson Stopper.
My wants are for natives, especially butterfly attracting bushes.
Art

I have porter weed in purple and salmon that I am rooting now.
I also have duranta and some asclepias

Jan, I might take you up on the Duranta, if mine doesn't come back. I should know in a few days if it's going to make it. I had just transplanted it to my North boundry about three weeks ago. It didn't have much time to grab hold before the storm hit. It looks promising but until new growth appears I can't be sure. The rain we had yesterday should help a lot. In Fort Lauderdale we picked up over two inches on Tuesday.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks, Art

Art,
I may have an extra "white" duranta here. If not, I can bring you some cuttings.

Hi Jan, I have a white one too. It's sorta crushed under a tree from the warehouse area behind my property. I don't know what shape it's in, but it's been there for years. I am assuming when I get the tree off it, it will come back quickly.
My other Duranta was next to it until I moved it to it's current location. I only did this to give it more sun. That's a mute point now since the tree that was blocking it's sun is down now.
I don't take more plants than I can use, and I currently have a nursery full of them from our last couple of trips. I just don't know what I have yet, due to my not taking good notes and good pictures of what I make cuttings and get seeds from. I have been very lax on that in the past. However I am learning fast to change my ways.
Thanks for the offer though.
Art

No problem. I'm the same here. I have pallets of plants I've collected or started and need to get around to sorted and grouping them and planting some to see what I have.

Art, I have a whole tray of salad seedlings that need a home and I was thinking you might be their new daddy. It's too cold in zone 9 to have these younguns growing here until March. Would you?

Molly

Thanks Molly. I will take whatever no one else wants. I am just afraid I will loose them to critters, since my tomato vine bit the dust in a single day. That's never happened to me here before. I raise them every fall.

In a few days there should be many more buttercups for you.
I am going to dig up one of my Cherries Jubilee for you. I have given up on getting one started via cuttings. The last batch I tried via Cass's method were blown away during Wilma. They are probably taking on someone's lawn by now.

Art

In today's newspaper there was a notice of county parks that are closed. TY park is currently closed. We may have to make alternative plans if they cannot get the park cleaned up in time.

Val, I have not heard from David McLean. If you see one of those Bahama Berry, Nashia Inaguensis on Saturday or Sunday, please pick it up for me.

Thanks,
Art

Lakeland, FL

Well I will bring what I bring haha. Haven't decided yet-- but methinks I can do it. Cork. I will bring sylvains EE tho. xoxoxoxo, me

Lakeland, FL

I have lot's of Ginger, I tossed it in the compost pile as it wasn't doing anything now it is huge==hee-hee I renamed it tossed ginger. Corky

Lakeland, FL

Help! Is the park open? It is a long haul for us so I need to know by wed. Thanks, marilynne

Hi Corky, we are trying to decide here what to do. Most parks are closed and we still haven't heard from some people that live around here. Hopefully we'll have a decision today or at the latest tomorrow.

I'm thinking of holding off till spring. I'll have more time to propagate new plants by then.
Jan...

Lakeland, FL

k

I have really been looking forward to this round up and this is the only weekend I can make it.

I would like to suggest that we have it at my house on Saturday. Jan, please come, you are still welcome to stay over here to rest.

I have electricity, 2 fridges, yard isn't too neat but I have plenty of plants for yall to take home.

Molly

OK,
If I bring my Mom, we drive back the same day. If not, I may take you up on your offer.
Jan...

Great Jan, I look forward to it.

Molly

Lakeland, FL

Well, Me, Leo, Lucy, Carol, Jack, Billie, Darius will spend the night to. Hee Hee. So send me directions on how to get there. Got Coffee? xoxoxo, me

Ok, it's beginning to look a bit like "SF Galloping Gardeners Fall Round-Up Time" (to the tune of beginning to look a lot like Xmas)

For a while there it was looking as though this might not work. Now I have a round-up to look forward to. This will give my spirits a big lift. It will be nice to get away from the smell and noise of my generator for a while, even if it's just for a few hours.

SF Galloping Gardeners, I have your lists of plants you requested stashed away for you and I will bring them, unless you note you are not attending. Then I will hold them for you until the next event.

Please note, I have made adjustments to my available plant list above. Check it out.

See ya Saturday.

Art

This is my trading list. Except for a few plants most are cuttings that I just made so I'm hoping they'll take.
1 Green Wave Fern - Polypodium sp. cv. rooted
1 Star Fish Flower - Stapelia grandiflora rooted
1 Philippine Violet - Barleria cristata rooted
1 Ti Plant - Cordyline terminalis 'Red Sister'
1 Ctenanthe lubbersiana 'Brazilian Snow' rooted
3 Scutellaria 'Purple Fountain'
3 Mexican Sage - Salvia leucantha
1 Sanchezia speciosa
1 Firebush - Hamelia patens rooted
1 Bleeding heart Vine - Clereodendrum thomsoniae
1 Green Sweet Potato vine - Ipomoea batatas
1 Coleus
3 Bolivian Sunset - Gloxynia sylvatica
3 Spanish Shawl - Dissotis rotundifolia
1 Red Canna -reserved for Artcons
2 Porterweed - Stachytarpheta jamaicensis
2 Yellow Walking Iris - Neomarica longifolia
1 Hoya pubycalix
2 red Shrimps - Justicia brandegeana
1 Cape Honeysuckle - Tecomaria capensis
2 Dwarf Pink Ixoras - Ixora coccinea
1 Yellow Flax - Reinwardtia indica
2 Peanut Grass - Arachis glabrata
1 Passionflower Vine - Passiflora vitifolia
1 Crape Jasmine - Tabernaemontana divaricata
1 Snow Bush - Breynia disticha rooted

Val

This message was edited Nov 8, 2005 2:07 PM

This message was edited Nov 9, 2005 8:23 PM

Hey Val, pencil me in for the Red Canna. I lost mine to Wilma, in fact it was the only one I lost out of six.

Art

I added a few more things to my list and will probably add more
when I sort through things this week.
Jan...

Everglades, FL(Zone 10a)

If am getting soooo excited! I will post later with my plant list. I had one but the dog ate it.

Can you post directions Molly? I am not bringing my laptop so today is it for printing.

Thanks,
Carol
Molly, Remember Jack & Billie? They're a hoot! This will be great!

Wel, I'm almost done pack up the truck. There are a few taller plants that will go in the extended cab in the morning since it's like an oven in there now. I will wait till am to tarp the bed also. I'll leave here about 7am so hopefully we will make it by 11 or so.

Carol, I sent a d-mail with directions for you. Call me if you have any trouble. We'll get ya here.

Jan, I'm hoping it will be mild temps tomorrow. Last night was quite cool, relatively speaking, that is.

Yall drive careful and be safe.

Molly
:^)))

Everglades, FL(Zone 10a)

This RU was awesome and I met some extremely fantastic people. Way to go, Molly!!

I forgot to check my gas before heading back and got to the end of alligator alley and pulled into the first station on fumes!. Didn't think we were going to make it for awhile there.
Some of the plants and cuttings took a bad beating even though they were covered. I'll have to look into getting a snap on cover or camper shell in the future.
Mom had a good time and is looking forward to going to another roundup in the future.
Jan...

Ocoee (W. Orlando), FL(Zone 9b)

Drats! Seem to have missed a great event...looking forward to the next RU, so I can join you all!
MerryMary

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.