Pink princess philo getting huge

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I bought thiis pink princess philo early this year. I thought it was supposd to grow very slowly but it has just about tripled in size in a few months.

Thumbnail by rylaff

That is absolutely beautiful! What a lucky find!
I have searched everywhere locally for a pink princess, but none are to be found. Found one on eBay, but it went for about $25. My dh would have a fit if I spent that! LOL
Just wanted to tell you how pretty it is...and I love the cup with the face at the top of the picture!

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I got it from a guy who collects variegated and rarer plants. He roots cuttings and sells them to feed his plant collecting habit. I think I paid thirty five for it, and it arrived in great shape.

Luckily, I'm still addicted to collecting widely available plants. I'm thinking next year I'll start with the rarer plants. My dh is just now getting used to the jungle, both inside and outside. I'll give him a bit more time to adjust. LOL

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

wow that is beautiful!!!!

Woodville, TX(Zone 8a)

I have a Pink Princess but mine is not growing that fast. It is beautiful. You have the touch! Jenny

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

The secret is a couple of drops of Superthrive in your mister bottle and in every container when you water. They love the stuff. My clivia has gotten huge too.

Woodville, TX(Zone 8a)

Well, that will be easy since I have a bottle of Superthrive. My clivia's don't have a problem but that won't hurt them. Thanks, Jenny

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

And she made Photo Of The Day on the 23rd.
http://davesgarden.com/nl.php?date=2005-10-23

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

How cool is that!

Mifflintown, PA(Zone 6a)

Thats a beauty.

(Linda) Winfield, KS(Zone 6a)

rylaff you do have a beautiful plant there. I have been wanting one just haven't gotten around to get one. Thanks about the tip on using superthrive. I have a bottle sitting next to the brugs in the bubblers. If I am going to use it when I water my plants maybe I better get another bottle coming.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.