Golden Queen

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6b)

This was my first year growing Datura's for myself. I had given one to my MIL a couple yrs ago of a single white but never had any for myself. I think I picked an excellent choice to grow. Now, if just the seed pods get time to rippen so I will have some for next year to grow.

Golden Queen

Thumbnail by dottnmd
Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Dott, It is very pretty.

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

Oh Dott, it's simply shining it's so bright, I love it!!! If you get seeds and have a couple to spare, can I swap or send SASE??? It is gorgeous! You did good!

Laurrie

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

Oh, WOW! That is beautiful!!! Would love to have a couple of seeds if you would share them. I am just starting, so I don't have anything to trade yet, but next year watch out. LOL
Let me know.
Thanks!
Susan
=^..^=

St. Paul, MN(Zone 4b)

Dott,

Absolutely stunning! Congratulations. That is an amazing Datura flower.

Should you ever have seeds available to share, kindly consider me.

Erick

Texas/Okla central b, United States(Zone 7b)

I'd like a trade if you have extras.......dmail with details

Thumbnail by jackieshar
Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

I would love 2 or 3 seeds if you have them. Did not know there was a double yellow.

Gotta go computer keyboard sparking from all the drool. LOL

sandy .....I can send you seed from the yellow and the purple,...would you like seed from the single white as well?.....
Jackie

Thumbnail by jackieshar
Corte Madera, CA

wow, sure is majestic!

jackie, beautiful collection.

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6b)

Wow, thanks for all the nice replies.

I have had triple and quad flowers mainly on this plant. I will be bringing in this plant during the nighttime hours so that I can hopefully harvest the seeds. As soon as the seeds are ready I will gladly share what I can with my DG friends.

Dott

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Awesome! Such a vibrant color. I would also luv to do a trade with you for a few seeds.
:) Donna

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

Dott, can I be your friend too?? The yellow is stunning- and I cannot get yellow to sprout no matter what I do. If you have any extra, I would absolutely love to try some. Fingers crossed that the pods ripen for you.

Susan.
I got postage today. Thank you for being prompt. I hope the seed do well for you. I KNOW you will love the plants. If for some reason they don't germinate or if you just need some more, I have plenty left of the yellow triples. Did you want some single white? I don't remember you asking for them but they are quite beautiful and I have tons of seed.

Thumbnail by jackieshar

Dott:
I think we are all ready to do some major suckin up........that is such a beautiful plant

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Donna...check your DMail.....Please...
smiles..Diana

Dott, I sure would love a few seeds. Cindy

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6b)

LOL, no sucking up required. I have everyone listed on a post it here at my desk to make sure I don't forget. Geez, I wish these pods would ripen a little faster. The weather is holding out though.

what can I send you for your kindness??.......I divided asparagus plants and red spider lilies today, have salvias seed , and hardy hibiscus seed, mimosa seed, double pink hollyhock seed , and water plants...
thanks
jackie.

Dott, Is there anything you would like.Thanks so much, Cindy

Calhoun, KY(Zone 6b)

Dott beautiful--grew my first daturas this year that someone gave me a few seed for double lavendar.
I would love to have a few seed also if you have enough. I have the double lavendar seed if you would like.
I would like to add some more colors if anyone else has seed to share.
Peggy

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6b)

I added you to my list Peggy.

I'm not going to be doing much in the way of seed growing in the future. I get so overwhelmed when I try to grow everything I want from seed so I decided to cut out growing any but a few must haves. The only other datura's that interest me are the double/triple white and creams. I will keep you posted

Fruitport, MI(Zone 5a)

Dott, That's a beautiful plant. I have never seen the yellow available in my area. Do you think you could spare a couple more seeds?

pretty lady,
I would like some of the double lavender if you have extras......I have the triple yellows seed or other goodies to trade. I came up short on the purple swirls this year they didnt make many seed.........

Dott
I am interested in the double or triple creams too if we can find any.....i have never seen them..

anybody who wants triple yellow as photoed in my collage above, I have extras this year.

Calhoun, KY(Zone 6b)

Jackie would love to share some of the seed I have with ya and love the triple yellows. Send me addy and will get it on its way to new home..

Dott appreciate you adding me to your list so much.

Laurens, SC(Zone 8a)

Very LOVELY!! If you have any seeds to spare when they are ripe I would LOVE some!! Bonnie

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6b)

Jackie, I'm not sure of the names for the double whites and creams but I do remember one of them being called "cream and sugar". I seen them on an auction on ebay last winter. I will be keeping my eyes open this year.

Peggy, your welcome

Bonnie, I have added you also.

Oooooooooooooooo cream and sugar.....sounds like that would be right up my alley.
Thank You for the info
jackie

Fort Dodge, IA(Zone 4b)

Dott
If you have any extra seed for this yellow one, I would love to have a few...It is absolutely beautiful!

Kittrell, NC(Zone 7b)

Dott, didn't I send you the seeds for the huge alba datura? It's the double cream, and I think I also sent you the d. discolor. My 15 year old did some cleaning and threw my mailing lists away. I'm still trying to piece it together!! But I would sure love some of your yellow, it is simply beautiful!!!
Melanie

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6b)

I fianlly had one pod open a couple of days ago and have been drying them. There weren't many but I have enough for the first 2 who wanted them at this time and I will contact the rest as I get more.

I will add you to my list IowaNovice.

Melanie, it couldn't have been me because I haven't done any seed trades on DG yet. The only dature seeds I have ever had were single white, golden queen and blackcurrant swirl which never germinated. I didn't particularly care for the look of blackcurrant swirl so it wasn't much of a loss.

Sending xomed and ohiobreezy d-mail.

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6b)

Just a lttle update. I just had another pod open today and it was a healthy pod with lots of seeds. I should be able to finish up mailing everyone who has asked for these seeds. I just need to let them dry for a few days and pick up some bubble mailers over the weekend. I didn find everyone in the address exchange so I will try my best to get these done ASAP.

Dott

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

I would be happy to mail you a sasbe if that would help.
Susan
=^..^=

St. Paul, MN(Zone 4b)

Hello Dott.

I was absoultely thrilled to receive a package from you in the mail today. How very kind of you. I couldn't wait to open it! Unfortunately, it was empty. It appeared that it had been opened before it got to me. From elation to disappointment in a matter of moments!

Nonetheless, do know that I sincerely appreciate your efforts to share seeds of this beautiful datura with me. If I see one blooming in my neighborhood next year, I'll know who the culprit is!

Erick

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6b)

Erick , I am so sorry. Not to worry, I have exactly one package of seeds left and they are yours. I will get them out to you over the weekend. Going to get your address from the exchange. They should be there to get that smile back to start the week.

Dott

Mine arrived yesterday Dot- many thanks.... I can't wait to get them in the soil ad sprouting...but will wait until spring is closer. I will send you $$ for the postage etc. Thanks again!!

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6b)

Sarv48, no need to send postage. These were just a little gift to DG.

Dot - are you sure?? Ok, then, I will pass on the seeds that I get!! Many, many thanks!! Merry Christmas!

St. Paul, MN(Zone 4b)

How very kind of you Dott. Thank you VERY much. The smile is already back!

Erick

Fort Dodge, IA(Zone 4b)

Dott- thank you so much for the seeds. .. they arrived on Friday! I can't wait to see them bloom next year, and I too will share seeds next year. Thanks for your generosity.

Glenda

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

Dot. I just received my seeds. you are very generouse.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.