Anybody want some variegated spider plants?

Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

I have a lot of babies with two of my spider plants. One is green with cream edges, and the other is cream with green edges. Both have a ton of babies. If anyone wants one, just send me a SASBE, and I'll get them out to you. I'd hate to just cut them off and throw them away!

Kelly

Edited to say--Actually, the cream with green edges isn't quite ready yet--they haven't started to put out root buds. So if you're willing to wait, cool. If not, sorry about that!

This message was edited Oct 9, 2005 1:54 PM

Chicago, IL(Zone 5a)

Hi, Kelly. Sorry I didn't reply earlier. I would love some of the little guys if you still have them. If not, my loss for not paying attention. :)

Jess

Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Hi

Unfortunately, the cream one with the green edges isn't doing too well right now--I accidentally overwatered it big time! :(

But I have the green ones with the cream edges, if you want some of those. I'll d-mail you my address, if you're interested.

Kelly

Chicago, IL(Zone 5a)

Kelly,

I would still like some. I've never sent or received an envelope so if you have any preferences please let me know.

Thank you,

Jessica

Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

People have sent me a medium sized envelope with the bubble wrap inside, and also put in the return postage. The envelopes were about 5x7 inches, maybe?

Kelly :)

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Kelly,

I have had varying success with my last-through-the-winter-of-neglect-and-you-get-to-go-out-to-be-ignored-all summer method. My DH hates them but not me. If you dare to send it to me, I'd love it!

xxx Carrie

Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Carrie, did you want the green with cream edges? The other one still isn't doing too well. :( If you do, you can send a SASE to me at this address and I can get it out to you:

357 Brent St.
Manchester, NH 03103

Kelly :)

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Kelly,

Whichever is fine. I'll send a SASBE, so as not to crush the tiny babies?

xxx Carrie

This message was edited Nov 7, 2005 10:46 AM

Carrie, send a SASBubbleE and they should arrive fine. I've received them twice that way and they were in great shape.
RG

poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

hi, i'm new to dave's and wonder if you still have any babies from the spider plant. I have a lovely one, and have rootings from it, but would like others especially variety of colors, mine is pretty green with very thin lighter line down center. I bought about 5 smaller ones from ikea last year, and put them in one larger pot about 10" diameter, and it has done wonderfully -- it has been outside all summer and I brought it in a couple of weeks ago, and it loves the spot it's in --it's on a 21" plant stand and the threads are dragging on the floor -- how do I get your info to send SASE?

I will share my babies --

This message was edited Nov 21, 2005 6:06 PM

Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

I'm sorry guys, but I don't have any more spider plant babies!

Kelly

Hooks, TX

I live in zone 7a in Texas and I have about 12 feet of spider (or airplane) plants in the border of the bed off my front porch. They have been there for 4 or 5 years now. I trim the tops all the way off after the first hard freeze, they stay in the ground all winter and come back better than ever in the spring. Mine are the striped ones. I also have a few of the green ones that stay out all winter too. Just thought some of you might try this if you have too many to take in the house for winter.
Louise

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.