earthquake in pakistan/DG members ok?

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

has anyone heard from yasir, kaleem or dinu? i d-mailed but no response yet. i don't know if any of them are in the areas hit, i pray not. debi

Valley Village, CA

You are the first one to tell me the news, when did this happen? I have been watching the news and I do read the paper. Norma

Valley Village, CA

There was a post from Yasir dated Oct. 8 .

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

i saw that post norma, but that was right after midnight i think. the earthquake happened this morning. that's all i know. 1000's dead. debi

Valley Village, CA

Oh No, What are we to do, how do we find out. Would the red X contact them for us?????? Do we know their last names and where d they live? Perhaps Red X would help us out here. Norma, I have been trying to get the news since you told me. Norma

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

just talked to kaleem, 11 dead in that city, but 1000's other places, whole towns gone. no word from yasir yet. kaleem is ok.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

norma, didn't mean to upset you like this. just thought maybe someone had heard. since kaleem is ok , we can get news thru him. might not be anywhere near yasir or dinu, who is in india. debi

Mt Zion, IL(Zone 5b)

I've been gone most of the day and didn't know anything about the quake til just now. Please keep us all updated on our friends who may have been affected. Prayers to them all.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

i think i will ask dave or terry if it's proper to keep this thread here or move it to somewhere else. debi

Valley Village, CA

It happened on the India border, keep us all posted. Norma

Henderson, NV(Zone 9b)

I'm hoping they're all well, but sadly the death toll from the 7.6-magnitude quake reached 18,000. 17,000 in Kashmir alone.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

it's 1:00 am est. no word from de-mails sent to dinu (in india) or yasir (in pakistan). am waiting on word from DG to see if thread can stay here or not. good night everyone. debi edited to add that kaleem just dm'ed me and reports that yasir is safe. i don't know anything about dinu yet. good news for kaleem and yasir.

This message was edited Oct 9, 2005 12:05 AM

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Thanks for letting us know, Debi. I never heard this either. I'm glad you've heard from Kaleem! I did get an email from Yasir at 3:58 am today so I'm hoping that it is a good sign. Prayers to our DG friends!
Donna

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

yes donna, kaleem and yasir both safe! yeah.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Yeah! Thanks for keeping us up to date.
:) Donna

Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

I am fine and yesterday contact with Yasir and he also also fine. More than 18000 peoples are died and more than 17000 are from Azad Kashmire state ( I am living in the same state) Yasir is living in Punjab province and that area is not hit badly as ours.
More than 20 villages are colapsed completely, many students are still under the colapsed school buildings because they are in remote areas and rescue teams connot arrive there because roads are blocked due to land sliding. Death toll may increased. We need prayer at this stage because we are still feeling tremores and this will be goesup to 24 hours more.
11 people are died in my city because two Minarets of mosques are colapesd.
We passed this night with fear.
Thank you much for the parayers for us.
Kaleem

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

So sorry to hear about your state Kaleem.....we are very relieved to read that you and Yasir are safe!

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Kaleem I am so thankful to hear you are ok. I have been watching the turkish news all day and this is all I have seen, what a terrible terrible tragedy.
Turkey was one of the first to send 4 plane full of stuffs.

I am thinking and praying for you , your family and countrymen.

this is such a sad day.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Dinu lives in southern India...near the very tip. I don't think he was affected by the quake, but he accesses DG from his work computer, so he may not be getting the messages from us yet.

I'm thankful for the safety of Kaleem and Yasir...and mourn for their countrymen.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

prayers going out to you, your families and your country. please stay safe. debi

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

just got a d-mail from yasir confirming safety. very good news. debi

FSD, Pakistan(Zone 10b)

Hello Everyone,
I m fine and allright.Thank you very much for evryone for conferm my and kaleem postion.But our more areas are effected.Lots of people are contributed in effected areas.Students and other people hepling in blood finance and food.Pray for them.
I m fine and my family also.
Again thanks for everyone.
Yasir

On the Olympic Penin, WA(Zone 9a)

Our prayers go out to you.

Richard

Muzzarabad is the capital city of Azad Kashmir and 90% buildings are colapsed, more than 25000 peoples are died and may be increased to 30000, Roads are blocked and after Eathquake they have heavy rains , rescue teams facing lots of problems.
One cousin of my DW is died, he was major in Pak Army .
Thank you every body for the prayers.
Kaleem

One very strange inccedent..... my all fishes are died after eathquake. Is this possible?
Kaleem

Fountain, FL(Zone 8a)

Ya'll have been in my thoughts. Sorry to learn of the death of your DW's cousin. ((HUGS))

I'm so glad to here that ya'll are all ok.

That's really strange about the fish.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

so sorry to hear of death in your family and of your poor little fish too. i can't say why this happened (the fish) but you are sweet to think of your fish even at a time like this. still praying for all. debi

FSD, Pakistan(Zone 10b)

Thanks Everyone for Praying for our effected people.
may God help them
Yasir

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Kaleem your fish died from shock. A sharp tap on aquarium glass can kill fish (never mind an earthquake the magnitude that Pakistan had).

Yasir, Kaleem it's awful seeing on CNN what your area has been subjected to......your countrymen are in our thoughts and prayers.

This message was edited Oct 9, 2005 11:07 PM

Los Angeles, CA(Zone 10a)

Gumlla & Yasir, very happy to hear you are ok. I've been watching Fox News Channel, they said that according to the US Geological Survey, the quake measured 7.7 so far. 20,000 people have been killed or injured. Pres. Bush spoke sending aid to Pakistan. Tale care. and stay in touch with us, our prayers are with you, the Pakistani people and your country.

Doug

FSD, Pakistan(Zone 10b)

Thank you veru much Doug,
Yasir

Valley Village, CA

I have had my mind on your country and it's people. The poor children, I hope the Red Cross is able to step in quickly. We had had fires and floods, nothing as bad as your earth quake. Even the one we had 10 years ago which was as strong, didn't do that kind of damage. I hope the world will help send food, water and the necissities that you will need in the future months. Hugs, love, Norma

Kaleem, so sorry to hear abouth the death in your family. Glad to know you are OK. Have you all in my thoughts.
Hugs
jnana

This message was edited Jun 13, 2006 10:51 AM

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Oh dear, Kaleem. I'm so sorry about the loss of a family member.
Hugs & prayers, Donna

Mt Zion, IL(Zone 5b)

Kaleem ~
My sympathies to you, personally, and to all of your countrymen.
Yasir ~
So glad to hear that you are okay.
When a catastrophy such as this hits one area, it is felt by people all over the world. YOU ALL HAVE OUR THOUGHTS & PRAYERS.
betsy

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Our prayers are with you and your families and your fellow countrymen and women.

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

Salaam gumlla,

Eathquakes often emit very high frequency sound waves that travel in water. This is especially true in closed bodies like ponds, lakes, and large closed bodies like the Caspian. I am very happy to see that all of our Pakistan friends are okay.

Allah akhbar,
don

Aurora, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm so relieved to read that Kaleem is ok. Worried about him all day. Such a tragedy......again, I'm so pleased to read that you're ok, Kaleem, along w/cactus_lover and others.

[sigh of relief]
--MKJ

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Kaleem and yasir, you have both been in my thoughts throughtout the weekend.

Kaleem, the same thing happen to me with my fish when iw as a kid, we had an aquarium, and we had an earthquake, and they all died......
what lilypon and dr don says makes sense.......now we know why the fish died.
well.....what about earthquakes in the ocean, do all the fish die? what about in the tsunami?
Kaleem ad yasir, my continued prayers for you and your families, and the millions affected as a result of this devastation.

This message was edited Oct 10, 2005 7:44 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.