Question about lighted plant stand

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

I was going to build one of the plant stands out of PVC pipe, but when I went to Menards to buy the PVC, they had a great chrome storage rack four foot long. I bought it and hung two shop lites on each shelf. My question is :can I plug the 6 lites into a strip outlet and then into a timer? Can I do this in one household outlet? What kind of timer can I use? It is time to bring the babies inside and I hadn't thought thru the lite situation too carefully. Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated. Lou

Harrisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Lou, Did this over 25 yrs ago. My plant stands were built out of wood and in a apartment! Plug them into a strip outlet and then into a timer. That is, 8 lights per stand, two plant stands. Kept them for about 4 yrs. Hope this is some help.

Larry

Mt Zion, IL(Zone 5b)

Lou:
I did the exact same thing with the white shelving units from Menards.....shop lites, timers and all. The "gotcha" for me was, the cord from the power strip was 3-pronged (grounded) and the first timer I bought was not. Had to go back and get one that was.

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Me too, BetsyJ! I have it completely full now. I overestimated the space I would have when I started potting up all my babies. I'm sure some will not survive, so in time, it may look a little less crowded. I think I will really enjoy tendng my indoor babies when the snow is flying here. Lou

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.