Friend or Foe #6

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

That's pretty cool, margu. Congradulations!

I know I haven't been around much - this Holiday season has been extra hectic, and my garden is sadly mostly bug free at present. I promise I'll check in every once in a while, and next year, I'll hopefully have more bugs to show you. Once the holidays are over, my computer pictures are in serious need of reorganization, so I'm sure that I'll find something to post then.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

they are just darling! what a wonderful picture, it should be put n a contest somewhere....

Los Angeles, CA(Zone 9a)

I did, both the before and after ;->

Los Angeles, CA(Zone 9a)

Hey all! I don't know if you guys are around anymore, but I have a new spider update. See posts above, starting Oct. 6, when I first found the green lynx spider with her egg sack. Almost 2 months later, on Thanksgiving, the sack finally opened. I thought that was the end. But no! Mama spider has been there guarding the babies since then, now, a month later, on Dec. 22, the babies finally started moving! Mama sat there watching, and today, she's finally gone off somewhere. I hope to get some food! Amazing! The whole thing, since I first found the egg sack, has encompassed 3 months, and she NEVER left. And now, I've found another sack, just down the "block", see next post.

Thumbnail by margu
Los Angeles, CA(Zone 9a)

Just found this new eggsack two days ago, a couple of cannas away. ;-) The mom was there that day, but hasn't been back since. I guess even in the spider world, there are good mothers and bad mothers!

Thumbnail by margu
Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

LOL, too funny! that is neat, thanks for sharing...

tf

Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

You must be looking for these egg sacks! I wonder what kind of spider is in the 2nd sack?

-Kim

Los Angeles, CA(Zone 9a)

Kim, I don't even have to look, they are just right there in the open, right next to my walkway. And the second sack is another green lynx, a much smaller one, she was there the day I found it....now she's off galavanting around the garden, I guess!

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

some mothers, hmmmmphhh!

Los Angeles, CA(Zone 9a)

Shameful, isn't it?

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

shames the rest of the spider race, Miss Spider and the Sunny Patch Kids will look out for the poor neglected babes...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.