Clivia

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I have a ten year old clivia that's broken through two pots so far. I'd love to trade it but do not want a houseplant. Does anyone want it in trade for a daylily I might like to have?

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

Are you interested in anything other than a daylily?

Yes. Japanese irises that aren't purple or blue. Do you have anything that's not a houseplant, vine, invasive or Rudbeckia, no herbs. TEMPT ME with what you do have especially heucheras.

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

I have a one year old rooted cutting of a dwarf fig, variety Black Jack in a 6" pot. The fruit is blackish purple with strawberry color flesh, very sweet. I have a dwarf pink oleander (8" pot), a 1-1/2 rooted cutting of the pink Fairy Rose (8" pot), and a white (really very pale pale pink) double Rose of Sharon in a 12" pot.

Oh Betty. I feel like a real creep. I just don't have room for your babies and I just hope you can find something (perennial) that I could use. It's a huge clump of about five bulbs (?) or fleshy roots - whatever clivia's root system is called.

Fruitport, MI(Zone 5a)

Pirl, I have many varieties perennial hibiscus and mini roses. The only daylily that I have is stella Doro. I have several large clumps of purple liatris also - it needs to be dead headed in the fall or it can become invasive. Would you lbe interested in any of these?

Once again I feel like a creep. I've gone through my miniature rose stage and my hibiscus is 12 years old and one is enough: it doesn't even flower and it's in full sun and gets tons of water. Liatris does self seed way too much on Long Island.

Any Japanese irises or Heuchera? I have some of each but I'm willing to look at photos or names.

Sorry (:-((

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

How about some Hardy Begonias, or ground cover like Strawberry Begonia?? Or, a Peach or white Butterfly Ginger - Loropetalum "Pizzaz", maybe a hosta, I have several already potted up. I would send you one of each for a pot of 5 clivia!!

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Did you already part with your Clivia?

Thank you,
Kim

Yes, Kim, I did. It's now living outdoors, happily, in Florida.

Thank you for asking. My neighbor does grow them indoors and has many so if you have something in mind I could ask her if she's interested.

Arlene

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

I just have always wanted to try one. I don't have any and have never grown them before. I think the flowers are very pretty and have no idea how they would do as a houseplant in Maine. Does your friend collect anything else other than Clivia? I would love to try one if she has a rooted baby to spare.

Thank you,
Kim

Kim,

If you have a daylily to spare for her I think I could try to convince her to part with one or two. They like to be crowded in a pot until the pot breaks apart so I ended up using terra cotta colored plastic. I kept it on the porch until mid May and brought it in September, when the heat comes on. It does not want water over winter, no matter what you read.

Arlene

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Hello Arlene,

I would be happy to share a daylily or two with her but I have put my beds to rest for the winter. I live in Maine and have pretty much stopped all digging outside at this point. It's been cold and dreary here and I just think it's healthier at this point to wait until spring. But I'm not going anywhere *lol* and can certainly wait for spring. I'm not even sure it would do very well here, I just have always admired the flowers.

Kim

It would thrive indoors!

Write to me again in the spring: she's a softie when it comes to daylilies, peonies, perennials. Bet she'll say YES.

Arlene*
*We just drove through flooded Maine this past Sunday and Monday!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.