some of my pictures

Proctorville, OH(Zone 5b)

I thought I would post some of our grasses, they are just coming in to their own... and looking kind of pretty.
To Miscanthus 'Caberet' Lining a bed path Maybe you can see the coreopsis at their feet.

This message was edited Aug 28, 2005 1:22 PM

Thumbnail by southernOhio

This is the Cabaret off our deck... It rustles in the wind & is really a relaxing piece of landscape

This is Miscanthus gracillimus with red fronds... so maybe 'morning light'? It is a beautiful reddish in fall. That accents the burning bush red.... One of my favorite areas

This Miscanthus 'Zebrinus' framing an entrance into a redbud surrounded with Pennisetum 'Hameln' and misc. perennials. Phlox & geranium & delphinium

This is the otherside of the pennisetum

This is Miscanthus 'Strictus" & Chinese wisteria... I have a weigelia wine & roses on the other side...
It's looking bad, right now, but gorgeous in spring

Here is the Pennisetum & red bud , I believe

And trying to have matching beds on either side of our driveway... It isn't going to well. with a ditch line & bedrock on the other side. LOL

Thornton, IL

Hey SoOh!
Wow! You're garden puts mine to shame. Still no pics, but promise soon, soon!
I have asymmetrical planting beds on either side of my front walk, becuz the left side is narrow and next to the driveway, and the right side is under the picture window. It is challenging to get the right balance for sure.
Well, just wanted to say thanks for directing me to the right spot and you will be hearing from me again soon!
PG

I think grasses are a quick way to get a balance at times... But those two paths are about the only symmetry we have, too. LOL I just told my hubby. Nothing about me is symmetrical!

Looking forward to your pics.
Abigail

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Fancy meeting you two here! SoOh, you have quite a grasses display! And PrairieGirl--hope to see your pics, soon!

I have just the two from the other thread in perennials http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/540555/

Thanks for the kind words. I think we made a mistake this weekend tho.
Giant Chinese Silver Grass..... I think it may be the gigantic miscanthus....
The color is good, we planted in dry shade... Maybe it will just be huge and not humongous! LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.