Have: 'Wizard Jade' Coleus *well rooted plants*

Ridgeville, IN(Zone 5a)

I have two trades available of 'Wizard Jade' Coleus......well rooted plants.....3 inch pot.

I'm looking for other named varieties of coleus or african violet.

Jenny

also posted at the plant trading forum, with no takers as of 8/23/05 6:00 pm.

Thumbnail by jenny_tulip
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

That is a beautiful coleus!!! I have a coleus I just bought, let me include a picture, haven't tried rooting them yet, is it easy, water or soil or both??? Will send picture to your email if you wish or post here.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Here is the picture of my "Solar Sunrise"

Thumbnail by rose_petalzz
Ridgeville, IN(Zone 5a)

HI! That's a very pretty coleus! I root them in soil. I use a clear plastic cup (disposable)....and cut drain holes in the bottom.....fill with potting soil.......water till it runs out the bottom....then stick the cutting in. I keep it very moist until it roots well. They root quickly. I like using the clear plastic cups because you can see when the roots are developing.

Would you like to trade? I will trade for unrooted cuttings...that doesn't matter to me. Let me know. Jenny

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi Jenny, sure I would like to trade, but let me root some for you, so we can trade rooted cuttings, if that is okay with you. I will do it tonight for sure, thanks, and am looking forward to it, I have a couple more kinds, have to go look at their names, do you have any others? My aunt loved coleus, and I used to grow them alot when I was younger, they got huge, but just got back into them this past year, so easy to take care of. Anyway, thanks, and yes I want to trade!!! I send priority mail with delivery confirmation, on Mondays- Wed only though. Don't want plants sitting in some warehouse or truck over the weekend!!! Talk to you later; and thanks again.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Jenny, here are two others I have; the dark purple one is called; Black Dragon, and The green/maroon one, I do not know, don't remember, window payne or something to that effect???

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

This is the one I don't have a name for????

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Want some of those too?? Or do I even have to ask!!!LOL!

Ridgeville, IN(Zone 5a)

HI again rose_petalzz. :O) Sure you can root some, that's fine by me. I'm getting ready to start a few more cuttings myself. I just started growing coleus myself. I don't have many, only about 5 or 6. I'm working on IDing my other varieites. I really like your Solar Sunrise and Black Dragon. I'll work on this IDing and let you know what other varieties I have. The one you don't have an ID on looks similar to my 'wizard rose'....but not quite. I'll get more cuttings started.....and when yours are ready, I should have more as well. We'll keep in touch. :O) Jenny

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Sounds good to me, thanks Jenny, and have a great day!!!
Ruby

Milwaukee, WI(Zone 5a)

Hi jenny I have several coelus you are welcome to them I have been rerooting all summer . Are you interrested???........Sharon

Ridgeville, IN(Zone 5a)

Sharon, do you know what varieties you have? Jenny

Milwaukee, WI(Zone 5a)

Well I have the one you rooted one that has big gren and burgandy leave one darkburgandy with green around edges and one i think called duck foot and one lime green one burgandy leave with lime green inside one that has a circular leave many colors Can you tell I dont know the names!!!!And several others......Sharon

Ridgeville, IN(Zone 5a)

LOL Sharon, you sound like me. :O) I've only ID'd 3 of mine so far. Sure, I'd be interested in a few cuttings of yours. What would you like in exchange?......since it sounds like you have the one I have for offer. Let me know. :O) Jenny

Milwaukee, WI(Zone 5a)

I'm at work right now will get back to you this evening . I know I need coleous I.D. for dummys 101...Sharon

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi Jenny and Sassy, I found out the name of the one I: have up there, dark pink with green, it is called Painted windows. I knew it had something to do with windows. Have a great day!

Ridgeville, IN(Zone 5a)

That's a pretty name. :o) Jenny

Milwaukee, WI(Zone 5a)

Hi jenny Ihave the one that rose-petalzz shows How bout I send you some that I have . What kind ofhouse plants do you have?.....Sharon

Ridgeville, IN(Zone 5a)

Hi Sharon. :o) Let's see.....I'll list some houseplants and some outdoor plants for you to choose from.......:o)

Kalanchoe Pinnata (tiny plantlets)
Kalanchoe Diagremontiaria (tiny plantlets)
Rhoeo "Moses in a Boat" (division)
Golden Pothos (cutting)
Plectranthus "Green on Green" (tropical mint in the swedish ivy family).....rooted cutting
Spider/Airplane Plants
Spearmint and Peppermint
Bougainvillea "California Gold" (cuttings)
Weeping Pussy Willow Tree-dwarf (cuttings)
Sedum--I have 16 varieties, if you want the list
Mum.....gold, white and burgundy
Lyre Leaved Sage "Purple Knockout"
Snowdrop Anemone
Purple Hardy Geranium
Red Yarrow
Anise Hyssop (cuttings)

Milwaukee, WI(Zone 5a)

hi the pussywillow tree dwarf sounds cool how much room wil it need?........Sharon

Ridgeville, IN(Zone 5a)

I've had it about 1 1/2 years now. It is hardy for our zone. :o) Supposed to only get 6-7 feet tall. Right now, mine is still about 18-24"....which is why I have to trim it so often. LOL The braches grow so quickly.......they are touching the ground right now. So for now, the branches are growing fast, but the trunk of the tree seems to be growing slowly. Anyway, the cuttings are yours if you want them. ;O) Just let me know. I can get you a pic of the tree if you like. It has white catkins in the spring. I think I still have the tag for it too, if you want the technical name. ;o)

Jenny

Milwaukee, WI(Zone 5a)

That sound cool having the tech name o.k then I'll start getting thing together for yo this evening and please send me addy again. And I'll let you know when I send them out Howmuch in stamps wil you need ?..........Sharon

Ridgeville, IN(Zone 5a)

Hey Sharon....you have dmail. :o) Jenny

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.