Morning Glorys 2005 # 10

Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8a)

New 2005 Morning Glory Thread. . .

Here is another of my 'Mauve' blooms.
Just love this unusual color.

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace

Really pretty, agreed, Emma, and it is remarkable for the uniform color across the corolla...wow!!

Joseph

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I like that one too, You do have lots of mg's growing don't you. how do you keep them from crossing, or do you just not worry about it.

kathy

kathy_ann,
This year I'm just letting them 'do their thing'. There are a few that I've played around with, however. I'm still in training *-*
Last year I dutifully got up at the crack of dawn to beat my little helpers. Self-pollinated many of my 'Ume Shimo Plum Frost' blooms, closed off all of the petals, and I STILL got different blooms from the Plum Frost this year. But, oh are they ever gorgeous. And, to think that all of these gorgeous beauties came from ONE SINGLE VINE. I did however, get Plum Frost on some of the vines, but it is no where near stabelized yet. Here is a recent photo of 'Plum Frost'.

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace

....and,
Mauve Frost

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace
Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

My first ones out of the Mt Fuji mix are blooming :) I am so excited, they are so pretty. There were 3 blooms, but the plants are just absolutely LOADED with buds.

Janis

Thumbnail by Woofens
Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

another can't tell if trhey are the same vine or not, this things is so loaded with vines and leaves, its amazing. The trellis is very visible at all.

Thumbnail by Woofens
Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

I'm positive this is a seperate vineI LOVE this one. I'm so excited these are blooming:)

Thumbnail by Woofens
Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

These are off the dome..... I just love seeing more blooms every day.

Thumbnail by Woofens
Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

Another... this is another of the mutant Flying Saucers,Blue Star mutant things...... what ever they are, they are relly pretty

Thumbnail by Woofens
Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

More of the purple ones... I planted Grandpa Otts, KniolaBlack, Carmen Star of Yelta and President Tyler. Can't tell a bit of difference between and of the purple flowers that have bloomed. Oh well. I still love them :)
Janis

Thumbnail by Woofens
Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

I bought these ones from Stacey on Ebay before I found DG. Feathered purple, this is the first bloom, it seems to be having a hard time opening.

Thumbnail by Woofens
Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

This is another JMG. It had problems opening too. There is another bud. Maybe tomorrow

Thumbnail by Woofens
Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

Is this a Shiva or a Milky Way??

Thumbnail by Woofens
Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

Last one I think. This is a Heavenly Blue, that is growing with the sunflowers :)

Thumbnail by Woofens

Gee, Janis, those are fantastic pictures of a very lovely JMG...I always thought Mount Fuji had a spoked flower, interesting....from where did you get the Mount Fuji mix? It wasn't from eBay was it?

Joseph

Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

Joseph,
Alot of my MG's this year came from Ebay LOL Actually the only ones I bought off you know who were AFTER I found DG, but hadn't figured out who it was yet :(. None of those got planted this year.

Now that I think about it, I got a package of seeds from Onalee that were labeled something like Ipomoea Imperialis. This may be those. I have mislabeled things in the past.

I know these were in cups labeled Mt Fuji, but I'll bet they were the ones from Onalee :)

Thanks for refreshing my memory

Janis

Janice, your blooms are beauties today.

Look at this - A bloom that I got last year that came from another JMG. Looks the same, huh!

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace
Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks Emma:)!! I was so excited to see them this morning, I knew I had at least 2 that were gonna bloom :) Yours from last year looks almost exactly the same as mine .... any idea what its name is? LOL

Janis

Netcong, NJ(Zone 5b)

Janis - Can I see what the leaf form is like from the 'mystery' bloom you have...try to be sure the leaves are definitely from the same vine as the blooms posted...

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

Emma, I'm so excited. I finally had Lavender Mist open this morning. I think maybe the vine was water stressed, according to Ron's evaluation. I watered the pots really well yesterday. Another one of yours is about to open as well. I won't know until tomorrow what it is.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I went out to look at the ukigumo (spelling), old age!
and the flowers are diff now, that picture I took yesterday was the second flower to bloom, as it gets more blooms on it I'll take more pics but I do see it changing now.

And Emma, guess what I found growing up a brugmansia inside the greenhouse.

Yeppers, it was the sazanami (ripples) got a bloom about to open tomorrow probably. yippy, I looked in the pack and the pack of seeds was open, I just didn't plant too many of them. so we'll have pics soon of that one.

kathy

Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

Here you go Ron, today's 3 blooms all with a leaf from the same vine (I'm sure of it, picked the leaf at the joint right below the flower )

Thumbnail by Woofens
Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

number 2

Thumbnail by Woofens
Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

and #3. There was a 4th bloom hidden under a leaf, didn't see it til just now :(

Janis

Thumbnail by Woofens
Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

Hey Ron... here is a pic of the bud that looked so crappy yesterday. It did open just not well

Janis

Thumbnail by Woofens
Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

Ok so I missed my first bloom on Fujishibouri :(
but caught these of Hanahubuki today :)

Thumbnail by OhioBreezy
Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

It was showing off beautifully for me

Thumbnail by OhioBreezy

Everyone's pictures are fantastic, what a great group of plants!

Shepherd, TX(Zone 8b)

Shiva and Milky Way are the exact same flower. There are some unscrupulous sellers on eBay that have a nasty habit of renaming common seeds to suit their own needs, i.e. "fast cash". I will admit that I've seen B&T World Seeds selling it as 'Shiva', but obviously they don't care either as long as they're seeing $$$. I've been burnt at least three times this year by different sellers who didn't even sell me the correct seeds for the flowers they were advertising--and they're still selling them!

Can these unscrupulous sellers be branded bad risk sellers in Garden Watchdog?

Sylvia,
Yeah! Great to hear that you got to see Lavender Mist in person.
Isn't she grand!
I was beginning to worry why they were not opening.

Laurrie,
Love your Hanahubuki.
Check this one out. This came from one of my Plum Frost seeds.
Pretty Close, but not quite, huh!

Emma

Thumbnail by EmmaGrace
Netcong, NJ(Zone 5b)

One of the Blue 'purps' that I have always liked...

Thumbnail by RON_CONVOLVULACEAE
Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

Emma, yes that is pretty close! You are making some beauties!

Shepherd, TX(Zone 8b)

That one is very blue, Ron. The throat is nearly all colored. I like it.

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

Another nice round today, soon my others will start to open so I can share too.

Thumbnail by OhioBreezy
Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 9b)

Matsukaze just opening this am

Thumbnail by budgielover
Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

Had some more JMG's and some more regular MG's this AM.

Here is the trellis the JMG's are on. It had buds everywhere. I'm waiting for the morning that it has blooms everywhere :)

Janis

Thumbnail by Woofens
Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

one of the JMG's

Thumbnail by Woofens
Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

Here is another, I had 3 of this bloom today

Thumbnail by Woofens

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.