Wanted Grasses

Arnett, WV(Zone 5b)

I have recently discovered the beauty of Grasses. Does anyone have any extras to trade. Or is this the wrong time of the year. Any info will be appreciated.

Cathy

St. Paul, MN(Zone 4a)

Later this fall I will have Spodiopogon sibericus seeds. This is one of my favorite grasses. I especially appreciate the way its leaves blow in the breeze. It also has a very nice fall color. The only drawback for this one is that once it freezes it sort of falls apart and doesn't have much winter structure.

I will also have some seeds of Hystrix patula. This is a nice delicate grass for shady spots.

So keep your eyes open they'll be coming.

This message was edited Aug 10, 2005 9:57 PM

Arnett, WV(Zone 5b)

Thankyou so very much grikdog you are very kind to share your seeds with me. Are there any seeds that you are looking for that I may send you something as well?

Cathy

Farmington, KY(Zone 7a)

I'd like to sign up for some grasses too, I'm trying to get a large spot started with a number of grass types. Not sure if I have anything you need but I can dig around and see if you have a wishlist.

Dave the other one.

St. Paul, MN(Zone 4a)

I can't think of anything I'm looking for right now but thanks for the offer. I'll let you know when I have the seeds. The Hystrix patula looks just about ripe. I'll check on it tomorrow. Here is a link to what it looks like http://www.prairiefrontier.com/pages/img/prgrs/bbgrass.html

I have to say though pictures of this native grass don't do it justice. It has a quiet beauty.

Farmington, KY(Zone 7a)

Must be popular with the birds, I'm looking for all kinds of stuff I have a big yard to landscape in the coming days, weeks, months, years, decades, etc etc. I'll be getting and growing some different things. Hopefully at some point I'll have seeds of something other than common stuff.
Look firward to the seeds when they are ready!

D-mail me your addy and I'll send a SASE!

Thanks
Dave

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Catbird,
I think you and I are on the same trail again. I've decided that some 'medium' growing grass is what I want. I also need ideas for along my sidewalk. The walk is about 3 " above ground. I currently have a mess with the dark green grass that produces purple flowers. But in the last year I've had more lime green, weedy-grass growing there and it's got to go. The lime stuff has choked out most of the other grass. Any ideas for this project?

Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

Check at Lowes they are having a mark down on grasses here.
Winnie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.