Weegy's excess iris part II

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

This is part II for those of us who don't have DSL....

Please be patient with me as I dig and divide my iris's. I will post a list sometime in the next few weeks. It's so hot and humid here and there are only a few hours in the evening that are cool enough to work out in the garden. I will definitely let you all know what I have, and there are already many. If anyone has a wish list, post it here and I'll let you know if I have it.

Concord, NH(Zone 5a)

Hi Yes I am in oin part two. Not looking for names just colors like pink, orange, red etc. Thanks so much for doing this again! Lemme know when to send the money.

Marion, IN(Zone 5a)

Hi weegy,

I got the box of Iris, thanks a bunch for such nice Rzs....
I am going to plant them as soon as it is done raining...Boy did we need it ...

Karen

Huntington, IN(Zone 5b)

I would love some too if your just getting rid of them..or I would be glad to send my list.
I am not picky to any names except I don't need anymore common purple ones. Thanks

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

I just cannot stand reading all about these iris flying around SOUTH of the border. Doesn't ANYBODY on this forum live in N. Dakota/Minnesota near the border???

Have been watching the list for so long, just had to jump in to let you know how frustrated us northerners feel, when reading about excess iris .

I've just dug all mine and sent extras off to our local iris society for our iris sale. Do have lots of locals 'shopping' in my garden. They put a label with their name on it, beside an iris that they want. Then when I dig, I let them know.

Ginny - having to water, strange after all the rain we havehad this summer.

Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

Lousie,
Just let me know when you are ready for the postage.
Winnie

Grand Rapids, MI

LOUISE, I WOULD LIKE TO GET IN ON YOUR EXCESS IRIS GIVEAWAY. I WILL SEND THE POSTAGE OUT TOMMOROW. I HOPE I'M NOT BEING TO GREEDY, BUT I WOULD LIKE 2 GRABBOXES. THANKS , CECIL

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Cecil, you got it. You have my address?
Winnie, whenever you get around to it.

What I have here now, is yellows, oranges, lavender and a mix of lavender and orange, sorry, I got these from a lady that was digging up her iris garden and they aren't named.
Looks like I might have enough to satisty everyone, did I forget anyone, if so, please let me know.

Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

Louise,
You should be getting the postage in a day or two.I mailed it out yesterday.
Cyber hug to you my friend.
Winnie

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Thanks for letting me know you received your iris's, I always worry that they won't get there or get inspected or something...Again, did I miss anybody? I sure hope not.
Oops, forgot to hug you Winnie! ((((((((((((((((Winnie))))))))))))))))

This message was edited Aug 11, 2005 5:24 PM

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Did you get my money yet?

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

No Joan, I sure didn't. When did you mail it?
I got three checks today but yours wasn't one of them, I'm sure it will be here soon, don't worry I'll let you know.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I wanted to share my little iris garden that I have planted in my back yard, there's about 80 here and then I have my commercial garden with about 500. Am I nuts over iris's or what??!?!?!?

Thumbnail by weegy12
Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Now I'm concerned about it. I mailed it Monday. Not a check, but well concealed cash. If you don't get it by this coming Monday, please let me know and I'll mail a check instead of cash. I didn't want to mail a check and make you have to wait on it's clearing, but maybe that would have been better?

Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

When did you plant those Iris Louise? They sure are purty.
Winnie

hanna, WY(Zone 4b)

Hi Louise, I just went to get my mail at 5 today and your pkg is here. Thanks so much. They all look great. I'll try and get out there tomorrow and plant them. I think they were all marked but one or two. I wrote them all down and looked up some of them online. They look great and I am so pleased with them. Thanks again. Yvonne in Wyoming

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Joan, I'm sure it will be here soon. I'll let you know for sure.
Winnie, I planted those last year and they've really done well. That used to be our orchard but when a couple of tree died, I decided to plant some of my excess there.
Yea, Vonny, I'm glad you got them in good shape and you're lucky if some of them were named! Alot of people have no idea what they're getting!
Have fun and send pictures!!!!!!!!!

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

I just read this. If you have any more irises that need a home, I am a good parent....lol. Wanda sent me four and I can hardly wait to see them in bloom. I would love white, yellow, tangerine, red or peach irises, and also love the yellow and white and purple and white bi colored blooms. Whatever you can spare. Please letme know and I will e-mail you my address.

Thank you.
Cathy

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Cathy,
Just send me the postage and I'll make sure I save some for you. Thanks.
Louise Dias
9650 Deerbrook St.
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
anybody want to call??? 909-945-2148...just in case!

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

THANKS! I'll call you after 9 PM our time and find out what you're giving me and the amount of the postage.to send. If I don't catch you I'll keep trying.

Cathy

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Ok, Cathy, I just left you d-mail!

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Hi Louise,

You've just sent me iris, but it you have extra...........I sure have a big, almost empty bed. I don't want to be greedy though!

Leslie

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Ok, Leslie, I'll get you more, no problem!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Margo, would you please D-mail me, I don't know your screen name!

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Thank you, thank you. I'll take any you have left over, just let me know the postage. Take care of the first timers, first.

Leslie

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

You are very welcome Leslie, the 7.70 postage seems to allow me to send a lot. I'll get them off to you next week also, just remind this old brain!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Forgive me for not remembering, someone wanted some iris's but requested "Speeding Again" because her DH is in law enforcement, (bless his heart) and I can't remember who that was. Please let me know, I have alot available for you.

Concord, NH(Zone 5a)

I sent mine weegy just an asst of colors please and thanks

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

It WASN'T me that requested "speeding again", but if you have an extra, could you throw one in my box? My DH is also in law enforcement. I love that idea. I hope you find out who did request it.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Ok, Joan and Nanners, you got a deal.
And you are very welcome!

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

weegy, that was me, irisluvr0252! I sent the postage for you and enclosed a note about it. thanks!

deb

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I'm planning to put it right out in front so everyone can see it and will have a BIG label for it's name! Not really, but I do plan to have it out in the front beds. Not only is my DH in law enforcement, his son is also (my step-son).

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

OOPS...sorry Deb, I'll get it off to you with the others.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Not a problem! I'm just excited to be getting it! When you have time to send it is fine with me!

Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

Louise,
Please save me a mess of your neighbors Iris. I will have the money for postage in a few days.
Thanks Winnie

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

You got it Winnie, I'm sending a box off today, most of the excess I got from the other iris garden are not marked, but mine are.
Boy oh boy, did we ever get hit with a thunder storm, I have never in my 50 years of living in SoCal, ever remember hearing thunder like that.
Woke us up at 3:00 and must have hung around above us for 45 minutes, and the rain, about 2 inches in that time. I guess we needed it but with it gonna come that rotten humidity. It's still overcast but it's very nice, I think I'll work in the iris garden, after I mail off 10 boxes to you wonderful people!!!
Louise

Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

We got a little rain Sat. and Sun. We need a lot more. We have huge cracks in our yard. It is susposed to rain here all week hopefully. We have'nt had any in weeks. Don't you work too hard Weezy.LOL YOU ARE HELPING A LOT OF US TO MOVE ON UP IN OUR GARDENS.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Awwwww, my friend Winnie, you too are helping me by saving my excess. Although I could be selling them, it gives me more joy to make so many smile. The only pay I want is pictures! Send em on.
Love you all my iris buddies!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Look what I found in my little iris garden here at my home!!!!!!!!!!
This is Blatant.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Woops, here it is! (The black spots on the flower is just mud from that downpour we had this AM. Isn't it purrrrty!?!!?)

This message was edited Aug 15, 2005 9:54 AM

Thumbnail by weegy12

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.