Houseplants on Sale at Walmarts

Harrisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Hi everyone.

I am new to Dave's Garden and have been wondering through the different forums which are very diverse, to say the least!LOL

I, really, like the wonderful pictures of all of the plants!

Anyway, was in Walmarts(That Harrisburg, Pa) and they just got in a new shipment of houseplants.

Two for six dollars and I snatch a few, Also, stops at Home Depot to see if any was on sale. Caught a few there too. I, used to grow many houseplants but then I got tired of them. Don't really know why???

But now I will start over again.

senlarrs

Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

I know! My local Home Depot and Walmart have gotten new shipments either. I went home with a beautiful pink Moses in the Cradle and a variegated spider plant from Walmart, and a Jewel Orchid from Home Depot. Just when I thought I was done buying new houseplants... :)

And I still have upstairs to fill with plants!

Kelly

Thumbnail by ceallachg
Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Senlarrs, welcome to DG! Thanks for the tip on houseplants. This post is a few days old, but I may have to go test my luck. :) I've got a few places in my house (we just moved) that are screaming for some nice houseplants...

I'm glad that I read your message. I picked up one of the plants in your photo from a different shop, but did not know that it is called a pink Moses in the Cradle. I wonder why. I took it home and it lost the pink color, but regained it after moving to a window. Now it seems to be fading again. Any suggestions?

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Me thinks the guy in your picture is some kind of a Dracena............
I could be wrong---I could be right.....

Culpeper, VA(Zone 7a)

I too noticed my local WalMart had some really nice-looking basic African Violets the other day. I was already thru the checkout line, but may have to pop back & pick up a few for a nice eastern exposure window I just opened up recently by pruning a triffid-like rhododendron.

Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Andidandi,

I noticed that a couple of mine are fading, too, because they weren't getting enough light. I put them right next to a western window, and they're perking up. :)

The Walmart in Manchester has purple wandering jews for less than $6! So I had to buy one. :)

Kelly

This message was edited Oct 5, 2005 9:11 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.