Meet Daisy Mae Pickemup!

Tallahassee, FL(Zone 8b)

As some of you know, I finally came to my senses (as AmaryllisGal put it) and bought myself a plant-haulin' truck. Since her primary purpose will be to support my gardening addiction, I've named her Daisy Mae Pickemup. You can call her Daisy when you meet her at the roundup. She's a very good truck and is being kind to me as I learn to drive a stick shift on her. (Almost got it down pat! I'm nearly safe in traffic!) The previous owner, who is moving Up North Somewhere, also had a tree he didn't know what to do with, so Daisy has already hauled her first plant home! Whoo-hoo! Goooo Daisy!

I'm posting this because Daisy needs a theme song. I need to play a song that will get us both pumped up and in a mood to get dirty. So far, I'm leaning toward "Wild Flower" by The Cult, with the theme from "Green Acres" running a close second. I briefly considered "Dog and Butterfly" by Heart, but rejected it as too mellow. So that's your assignment. While I prefer metal, I like most all rock and roll, country and western songs need not apply, unless they are especially hilarious or relevant to a gardening girl with a truck. Please post your suggestions for Daisy's theme song.

Thumbnail by Dogzilla
Tallahassee, FL(Zone 8b)

Oh and here's the tree. Is it a Schefflera arboricola? We can figure it out here, right? I don't have to post this in the ID forum...I don't think.

Thumbnail by Dogzilla
Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Alright there Diane, that is a real classy one too. You will never regret this purchase.
I am thinking of songs for you. The musical Oklahoma comes to mind.
Okay back to the drawing board.
sidney

Tallahassee, FL(Zone 8b)

LOL

Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 9b)

I'll have to post a picture of my pickemup. I choose an appropriate metallic meadow green. 2000 Chevy S-10. I would be lost without her now and I can haul so much dirt and mulch from the bulk place now.
No more little bags for me LOL. And talk about packing some plants. The next thing on the list is a removable snap on tarp to protect the babies from the wind truckin down the highway to the next swap.
Jan...

This message was edited Aug 2, 2005 12:02 PM

High Springs, FL(Zone 8b)

She's gorgeous! I'll have to do some thinking about the theme song...

Tallahassee, FL(Zone 8b)

"Truckin'" by the Grateful Dead has been suggested.

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Yes that's a gooood one. Good easy feeling. Fits you too.
sidney

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.