Look what I got!

Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

I'm not sure what variety of cordyline this is, but when I saw it, I just had to have it. :)

Kelly

Thumbnail by ceallachg
Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Here's a close up of the foliage

Thumbnail by ceallachg
(Zone 5b)

Very pretty!

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Wow...that's beautiful!
Are you sure it's a Cordyline?
Kinda looks like a Bromeliad!

Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Well, I bought it at Walmart. The sticker said cordyline, but I suppose anything is possible. Maybe I'll post this on the ID forum, too...

Either way, when I saw it, I just had to grab it. It always amazes me when foliage is pink, purple or orange. :)

Kelly

The Heart of Texas, TX(Zone 8b)

That a beauty!
I'm pretty sure it's a tri colored Moses in the Cradle.. I have no idea what the botanical name is...it's GORGEOUS by any name!

Check this link out...
http://www.plant.id.au/home/guide_view.aspx?id=26

MsC!

This message was edited Aug 2, 2005 2:03 AM

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

I was thinking of the Rhoeo, too, but thought it was just *too* colorful.....if that's what it is, indeed (good chance it is!) it's the nicest one I've seen to date!!

I would have bought that too, if I'd seen it, Kelly!!

Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Hi :)

Ok, so I posted this on the Identification forum, and it turns out it's a R. bermudensis variegata, or a variegated Moses in the Cradle that's more pink than red. Nan, maybe your Walmart is carrying it now, too?

Kelly

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Oooh...I'll have to check, Kelly!

Good eye, MsC!

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

That is gorgeous! I've been wanting a plant. I'll have to check out our Walmarts.
:) Donna

The Heart of Texas, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks Nan,
My eyes have their moments, especially when it comes to beautiful plants,just wish my pocket book could keep up! lol
Kell,it's a beautiful,good find!

MsC

Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Darn, I should have grabbed the other one for you guys! Hopefully your Walmarts will be carrying them, too. :)

Kelly

Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

So, I'm seeing these things everywhere now. My local Home Depot had a bunch of them, too!

Kelly

Edited to say: so did Target!

This message was edited Aug 7, 2005 12:00 PM

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

I've gone to a number of places in the last couple of days like Walmart and Home Depot....nothing.
:( Donna

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.