Thumbnail by Merlie
Port Costa, CA

Mesmerizer

Thumbnail by Merlie
Port Costa, CA

Henry Shaw

Thumbnail by Merlie
Port Costa, CA

I love the way white irises offset the colors of the other irises. I have a clump of Skier's Delight next to the orange Savannah Sunset and
wow!!!
I also love primarily white flowers with a rim of color.....
Brookflower

This message was edited Aug 12, 2005 9:21 AM

Thumbnail by Merlie
Port Costa, CA

Revere

Thumbnail by Merlie
Port Costa, CA

Smiling Faces

Thumbnail by Merlie
Port Costa, CA

Ma Mie

Thumbnail by Merlie
Port Costa, CA

Halloween Halo

Thumbnail by Merlie
Port Costa, CA

Ok! I am getting carried away...I love this thread.....last one
Goldkist

Thumbnail by Merlie
Port Costa, CA

Bride's Halo

Thumbnail by Merlie
Port Costa, CA

Platinum

Thumbnail by Merlie
Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Oooh! Lovely whites! I think white is starting to be my favorite. They're definitely underestimated. Thanks for sharing! :0]

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Merlie, I can never compete with the beauty of your irises!!! wow!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

I put this in the ground last week. It's from Fred Kerr's website. Enough lace? I've posted this already but I couldn't resist posting it here. I don't know what it's like in person I have to admit. But I'm looking forward to it.

Thumbnail by doss
Mystic, CT(Zone 6b)

I've been lurking on the Iris Forum for a few weeks now, looking for new varieties to plant. I've been to every color thread as they have come up. I think your whites are the most interesting thread, but mostly because you look more at the shape and style rather than immediately being knocked over by color. They're subtle.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Great point Ivy - I've never thought of it that way. Welcome to the Iris Forum. I hope that you'll do more than lurk from now on!

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Yes, welcome Ivy! Always good to have another iris lover on DG!

I think whites are great because they break up the color in the garden. I can actually appreciate a colorful iris even more when there's a white nearby!

Mystic, CT(Zone 6b)

Thanks for the warm welcome! Personally, I like Skating Party the best, but I may change my mind tomorrow because they are all so beautiful!

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Yes, Skating Party is a really nice one. It didn't really impress me on it's maiden bloom, but now that it's in a 3-year-old clump, it's fantastic!

Alluring is a ruffled beauty that always draws my eye.

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers

Immortality has nice big buds again! She is one of only two consistent FALL re-bloomers I have so far in my garden.

Low Ho Silver is thinking about re-blooming this fall....

Conjuration? White space ager with a brilliant purple edge.

Silverado is always a handsome bloom. Big & ruffled & near-white.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Beautiful, beautiful. I've finally fell for some white flowers. Iris and daylilies. I'm just so happy to have them all. So bright and shiny. Thanks Wanda.

I like to plant a rainbow. God Blesses us with so many colors in His garden palette--why not enjoy them all?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.