Spotted, Streaked, Plicata Throw them at Me!

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Here's a stunner....'Inside Track'!

Thumbnail by flowerfrenzy
Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Great choices! here is an oldie but a goodie--- Tiffany!

This message was edited Jul 25, 2005 2:43 PM

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

They are all beautiful. Tazzy - just went on line to find 'Conjuring Cat'
Everyone should go look. Then we won't have to wait until spring to see what Tazzy's impeccable taste is going to bring to her garden.
http://www.mid-americagarden.com/images/irises_large/Conjuring_Cat_CF.jpg

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

this is 'Fancy Dress' I don't know why she isn't a border bearded. Very short. But we all need something in front of all those TBI right?

And great substance and a lovely size flower.

One of my big splurges this summer was 'Explicit'. I'm thrilled.

This message was edited Jul 24, 2005 4:44 PM

Thumbnail by doss
Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

Good Choice Doss
I am hoping to get it in Sept. IRIS meeting i have won two 2005 intros this year and Sept is when we get to get them . they go by first winner then next, i think i am about 9 on one list and 40 on the other. so i dont know which 2005 will be there when its my turn.,
Have my list and ready to grab um ?

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

This is 'Burst'. Very nice. And yes Tazzy, I'm sure that you have a very good list.

Flowerfrenzy I was happy to see 'Carnival Ride'. That came in the mail last week.

Thumbnail by doss
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

I hope that this is 'Art Show'. I got quite a few mislabeled iris last year.

Thumbnail by doss
Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

doss~

That's definitely 'Art Show'. I used to grow it.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

It just left my garden. And you said that you just did plain ones.

Art Show is very unique looking never saw it before ? but it is a real neat looking color wise

Scuptured Wild,
got this in trade from iris club member ,
i think it is a real jewel.
Hope it grows as good as it looked on Show Table .

Thumbnail by tazzy
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

If I had been a better thinker I might have sent it to you. But it's an older Iris and the bud count and substance isn't what I'd like, as beautiful as it is. Other people are enjoying it.

that is a problem i have the ones i like are usualy poor growers here ,in the (hell heat belt) .
The heat knocked off a lot a my plants this week and after heat stroke Tuesday i am still wimpy .

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Thanks for sharing Tazzy - I got Sculptured Wild as a bonus. I'll really look forward to it now.

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

It's like looking at God's "art show" seeing all of your beautiful flowers, everyone. Thanks so much for sharing.

Leslie

Tazzy--great choices!!! How about Gnu ?

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

So Wanda, if you're not already, when are you going to start growing Arilbreds? Lots of spots and streaks there!

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

Ohhh !

Arilbreds are my new yet unfulfilled Iris passion.

I covet my neighbors Big Black Bumblebee ;-(

I got( Gnu Again ' ) this year as a extra

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

you really got a prettyyyyyyy one ...

I suppose I should break down and grow Arilbreds. Do they like winter blizzards & 100 degree/humid summers? I just got "Jewel of Omar" from laurie this summer.

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

Oh Wanda , I hate to have to tell you this my friend .

;'(

Jewel of Omar hates Iowa so you can send it to me.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

If Laurie can grow Jewel of Omar it can take just about anything. She doesn't put up with any nonsense. Most Arilbreds I believe can go down to zone 4.

Arils, look at me and DIE
I guess i have the iris killing gift ?
Doing my garden records tonight , I did well iIgot every iris on my to kill for list , except
Slovic Prince .
I put it down for a extra but no way ,
so next year .

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Tazzy, do you and I have the same list?

Here is the photo of Slovak Prince courtesy of Superstition Iris Gardens.

Thumbnail by doss
Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Hi Tazzy~

Just call me Santa Claus. I received 2 pieces of Slovak Prince this year. Want one?

Drooling
,What makes this so special is it has a gold wire edge that in early morning sun light will knock your socks off .its is not new, but in high demand and the Price is almost as high as a new introduction .those who listed it reasonably are out ,
it is from France
Moby you was there /why did you not fill your suitcase full of this ? LOL

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

I'm sorry I made a mistake,

The one I splurged on was Expose, not Explicit. It won't be to everyone's liking but I couldn't resist it.

Thumbnail by doss
Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Actually, Tazzy, I was serious. Would you like my extra piece?

laura

http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/75518/

This message was edited Jul 26, 2005 9:43 AM

ENABLER! Flowerfrenzy is going to give tazzy a new iris to kill?

Doss Expose' is great one for where you live . here it is wont increase ,and for some bloom out . A friend that can afford it, lost his two fans he paid a $100
for the year it came out , he is reordering it was beautiful at bloom time but bite the dust soon after
he is a master gardener and he adores it
a lot lost it in Tulsa area . but reports from your area is it dose well but dose not increase fast

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Wanda~

LOL! I guess I can't bear to see a sad soul without a much "needed" iris!

Sure, that's how all "enablers' justify their evil deeds...

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Sounded good to me! ;0]

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

It's too bad that 'Expose' doesn't grow fast. Guess you can't have it all. But I would like to be able to share it. Maybe I'll have to wait a little longer.

And yes, things that were developed here grow better here too. Some say that about Sutton's also.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

I think that's true. A lot of irises that were originated in CA seem to be slow growers for me...including Expose'. Sometimes it's a bummer because I especially love Joe Ghio introductions.

I seem to do better with things that originate here. Keith Keppel's and Paul Blacks tend to do especially well for me. Lucky for me, most of the hybridizers live near! (or maybe unlucky for me, because I'm completely obsessed!)

yes there was much gnashing of teeth and crying in Oklahoma when Paul and Tom move Mid American Iris to OR. Not only did we lose a beautiful tour garden,hybridizer, Judge and FRIEND
We knew with out a doubt ! any thing he had enough of to sell had to be hardy and could be grown in Hades it self . So if you ever wander
why it called Mid -American Gardens ?, you now know rest of the story ,even if you dont care ?
LOL

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

You mean Paul Black the "garden slave"? (LOL) I have never had more personal attention from anyone. You'd think that I was buying diamonds. What a nice person.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Paul is a nice guy. He's funny too. When I ordered from them this year, I made lots of additions, always claiming "last one...I promise". The last time I made an addition, he asked me if he needed to send "Guido" to my house to take the catalog away from me! LOL!

WAAAAA !
I want him back !
will say please ? LOL
pic . year of Paul's move ( Going to Or. sale )

Thumbnail by tazzy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.