South Florida November 2005 RU

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Come one, come all.....we are on a roll now.....join in the fun in S. FL.. This will be the first RU posted on our new site....yipee...

Post here if you think that you might be able to attend....nothing is written in stone, but planning is half the fun of the party....

Hap

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Hap,

I think once we get enough feedback, we should still post over in the regular roundup forum. That's where people go to look what's going on in roundups and you never know when someone will be making a trip down here from far, far away and might want to come too.

We can keep the attendance list over there as well as who's bringing what and who and a separate post for prearranging trades.

Sound good?

Molly
:^)))

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

It sounds wonderfuler...

Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 9b)

Sounds great to me. Perhaps we can get some Tampa/St. Pete to convoy down there.
Jan...

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

The next weekend there is a shin-dig at Fairchild....do you want to change the date...Fairchild is another 45-1hr from here.. Just a thought.

Safety Harbor, FL(Zone 9b)

Jan -- Might be interested in that convoy idea...Just talked to hubby and he said that, too! Much more fun than a six hour drive and no one to stop and have coffee with. But we usually stop every couple hours to stretch and take in the surroundings...if that's not a problem :) We took the van to Feb. RU and lots of room for plant goodies...going and coming back.

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

I that 6 HOURS one way? OMG.....I have trouble with anything over 30 min....LOL

Hap,

I'm not sure people who have driven 6 hours to get here would be excited about another hour drive further south.

JMO

Molly

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Me neither,,,,, and the way I like to drive, the first 6 would be out of the question.LOL

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

The way I remember the crowds at the Fairchild shin-dig, we would need a day there and another day for the RU!
Pati

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Yeh, bad idea for our first one.....but next year.....hehehe

The way I drive, it's 3.5 hours from St. Pete to Miami International
Jan...

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

What's your vehicle, budgie, a 747.....ROTFL

Actually, that one was a Mark IV Hightop Van. Did I mention we stopped for lunch too.
Unless, I share a ride and gas with someone, I will be in a 4 cyl S-10 PU so will will probably take 4 hours! I'll probably have to get a cover for the bed or everything will be naked by the time I get there
Jan...

This message was edited Jun 30, 2005 3:14 PM

Lakeland, FL

Lakelanders are coming. Corky

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

yippie

Lakeland, FL

In our red pick up to. Ha ha.

Miami, FL(Zone 10b)

A South Florida RU sounds great. I am minutes away from Fairchild Gardens (which I am a member of)...

Indiantown, FL

I 'd love to go to the RU. I am 30 miles west of West Palm Beach. Have you decided a location yet??

Connie

Connie,

It will be in Broward county. As soon as we figure how many people will come, we'll pick someones house or a park.

Hap are we big enough yet?

Molly

Lantana, FL(Zone 10a)

Hi There! Great idea, this Florida Forum. I would also love to attend a South Florida roundup in November! Count me in! Time to start rooting some cuttings...

Homestead, FL(Zone 10b)

Good morning everyone. I posted on the other thread ( http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/524909/ ) so count me in too!

Hi Olga! Did you make it to the Spring Plant Sale at Fairchild in April?

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Is November 12th the date for sure? It works for me.
Pati

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

11/12 it is....................looks like we've outgrown a home, so on to a park it is.... I will start calling on Monday....

Hap

Crestview, FL(Zone 7b)

darn.. too far for me..

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Sorry, next one have up near you. I understand...I think 20 minutes is a long drive...LOL

Miami, FL(Zone 10b)

Delecie, unfortunately I couldn't make it this year because I had family arriving into town that week, but I am looking foward to the mango festival coming up next week.

Orlando, FL(Zone 9b)

We will mark it on the calendar, our only travel plans in the fall are in Oct.
Do you need a head count, Inlaws will be back from the North may want to come along.
Tim & Paulette

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

No head count needed.....all are welcome....bring the neighborhood.....hehehe

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Count me in. From Delray Beach..............Tremax

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

I looked into county parks here... there is a nice on right off 95...it's $1.00 a head.....is that a problem? It will have a pavillion and there are lots of trees so there is plenty of shade. Dogs on leashes are welcome.

Let me know....

Hap

Sounds good to me Nancy, which one is it?

Molly

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

I thought TY Park off Sheridan...it's only steps from 95 and for that matter 595..

whadaya think?

Fort Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10b)

I'm posted in the other area http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/524909/ but I am posting here, so I don't miss out.

Count me in. Along with plants or cuttings, I will bring nametags & a marker so we can quickly ID each other.

Any thoughts about establishing a central GT/roundup thread within the Florida forum so there is only one place to look for updates to local threads. Something like this could easily get out of hand is someone goes off thread with a post.

I am looking forward to meeting all of you I don't already know (that's most of you)

Art

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/528104/

Come to my house 7/22................thread...

Art, We shall have the 2nd Annual Central/South Florida Roundup in February at the top end of Lake Okeechobee. We had the first one there last Feb. It was a great park and central to many people.

I'll be posting that in the roundup forum when the time gets closer.

We can car pool too if you can stand my driving. Even let the Mrs. come. :^)))

Molly

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

I can stand your driving......can I come too?

ohhh Nancy, of course you can, I was counting on it!

Molly

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Thanks, you're a doll...

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

PS....Let me help you this year....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.