ya'll have probubly discussed Lucky Bamboo before, but

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

I finally broke down and bought a few stalks and it's so beautiful in a clear vase with some nice shells or marbles or rocks at the bottom. says it wants very low light. i have mine in the foyer in front of a mirror. looks really cool. you can make a bunch of them (i suspect) out of one-just remember which end is up. anybody else have it?

Austin, TX(Zone 8a)

i just got one the other day for my fish bowl, but i am seriously considering taking it out and putting it in a clear vase with some colored marbles, just like you suggested. i think that is such a pretty idea!

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

thank you! glad to make the suggestion. one thing, dont put so many in that it is a pain to take them out every time you change the water. mine has been in the same water now for a week and i think all of the rocks are keeping it from evaporating, so its starting to get a tiny bit stinky. ahgggggg.

Woodland Park, CO(Zone 4b)

I don't bother to change the water by dumping it out or taking out the rocks. I just run warmish water in the vase until I think all the old water has been replaced.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

well caron, there's my problem. got these suckers in a HEAVY vase. i need to switch to something more practical. many thanks. debi

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

a possible warning if you are thinking of putting this in a fish tank. i decided to cut mine in half to make more (thinking ok they will root right away in water) well, they are all dying now and everytime i change the water these little globs of clear gummy stuff are in the bottom. i believe they treat these with something weird. probubly not good for fish.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.