How much does a dream cost?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

Very best wishes to you and your family - hoping this dream finally comes to reality for all of you :)

Moon Twp, PA(Zone 6a)

mornin_gayle - welcome!!! I love your sense of humor also!!

Chele - YAY!!!! Hope you get the place, if it is what is meant for you!

~ Suzi ♥

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Badseed - Jack, my DH, calls me a witch but I just had this feeling that you got the house with your bid. Let's just see how much of a witch I am. Maybe Jack can't spell.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks!

ROTF pirl! We meet with the realtor tomorrow at 11 to offer our bid.

If anyone has any important last minute advice, now is the time to send it!

Pray!

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

ask the sellers to pay closing costs, and any points

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Arm the Six Pack!
Then make them an offer.

waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Just checking in to see how things are going! Sounds like great progress, 'chele! If you want the bank to hurry things along, take the kidlets in with you.....LOL

I know all to well the stresses related to buying/selling/bridge loans, stupid bankers (one wanted to charge me and extra point in interest because I was a single woman, and I probably made more money than he did...needless to say.......did not deal with them.) Try to get a few moments a day to sit and unwind, chant "it'll all work out, it'll all work out" until you get sick of hearing yourself, and then go get some ice cream.

Keeping everything crossed.....

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Meezer, you give GREAT advice!

Good luck, Michelle!

Spoke to DH and he said "NO WAY" to the bank giving you that spread of 6 to 10% that you mentioned. Pin them down. It's almost double the interest!

Green Bay, WI(Zone 5a)

Good luck today! It's all going to be fine. My mantra "It's all good...It's all good..."

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

Today is the day !!! Best wishes chele....may all your dreams come true!!!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

ditto that! i hope it all works out for you and family!!! Just wish you were moving to michigan :)

Thought of you during the whole last hour and kept wondering if progress was being made! Itchy to know how it worked out. I still have excellent vibes!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Well, we put in the bid. Now we wait. The drive out there is getting more and more easy and we have taken different roads to explore. I think we are really going to like it out there if/when we get there. :)

Thanks so much for all of your interest and encouragement!!

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Ooooh, everything crossable's crossed, Chele!

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

Good luck Michele..
Life in the country is grand.. None other like it..If you are not a born country girl things will be very different, but a very good different..

Larkie

West Newfield, ME

Chele,

I'm praying for you. It just feels right!

Welcome to DG mornin_gayle! You're gonna love it here. It's very cozy and these people are just the best!

Lisa

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks so much, all of you! I swear, this whole process of hurry and wait, hurry and wait, hurry and wait, it's gonna put me over the edge! LOL

I have no idea what the realtor was expecting, but I pulled out the "Congrats" letter from the bank, saying the loan was approved and the realtor looked at me and called me a sweetheart. I did a double take. I thought he was talking to one of the kids. LOL He went on to say that letter was absolute gold and that it couldn't be worded any better than it was.

He took our bid in stride, said he would take it to the owner and go from there. I guess if he knew the owner would spit in his face, he might not have been so nice. I just hope no one else pops up with one of those nice letters before we can dot the i's. :)

My daughter and son-in-law went through this agony almost 2 years ago and, finally, ended up with the house for what they wanted to pay. A lot was wrong but they've fixed 95% of it and it's perfect for them. I wish you the same luck.

Moon Twp, PA(Zone 6a)

Chele,
That's great news! Hope you get the place on your terms! ~ Suzi :)

Green Bay, WI(Zone 5a)

How much time did you give the sellers to respond to your bid? I think we all need to know how long we have to wait! LOL

Thanks garden lover! I'm wondering, too!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

ROTFLOL You guys are worse than me! The realtor said the owner can be a bit hard to catch. I guess he rents over closer to where I live now, then works pretty far out there. The realtor said he works and sleeps odd hours. So, I am gonna sit here or run in and out watering because I just can't get myself disciplined to do anything else right now. I am so anxious! It is going to be so much work and while I am really much looking forward to it, paying for two houses is still freaking me out. Yet, here I sit. LOL I can't bring myself to start packing anything and really haven't done much clean up stuff either. Hmph. I guess it just isn't real still.

Moon Twp, PA(Zone 6a)

Chele,
You didn't mention how long you gave the owner in the contract... ie - offer valid for 72 hours. Hope you get it, if it is meant to be... ~ Suzi :)

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

We did not give him a set time. I know he is eager to sell. It will either be yes or no and that is it. We left room to negotiate on closing costs but not the offer.

Bloomingdale, OH(Zone 6a)

Looks like Badseed will be sprouting up somewhere else. Sorry couldn't resist. I can totally sympathize with you tho, we just bought this house in September. *shudder* Never again! Next box I move into I'll be buried in.

Thanks BriarRose and Bourret, I do love DG, but now I have a new problem. I "introduced" DH to Dave's. Now I have to kick him off here so I can have a turn. If he posts, he will sign "dale" at the bottom of his posts, otherwise it is me. Yeah, Dale and Gayle, scary huh? He will prolly hang out in the veggies forums tho, I hope.

I'll be away from the 'puter most of the next 3 days doing a wedding cake, but I'll check this thread when I can for sure! I'm addicted, I admit it. Welcome to Dave's Anonymous, my name is Gayle.....

mg

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

As you never mentioned prices, I hope this makes you feel good about what you are getting for your money. It was in the news today that an average house in the Minneapolis-St.Paul metro area is now $212,000.00. That would be about a 1500 sq.ft. house on a lot with about 3 blades of grass!
Wishing you the best!
Bernie

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

$212,000 is cheap digs out here, if you can even find something that low. My 42 yr. old 1360 sf 4 bedroom on a tiny lot is worth over $650,000. Can't afford to move or upgrade so eventually we will be moving away from this real estate crazed place. Hopefully to something with more planting room.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

You're in a state that has no sense of value. Look at gas, you've been paying way more than anyone else & you even have oil wells out there. Most of the rest of the country, houses do not vary to much.
We have 11.2 acres, a big house, some outbuildings, here in southern MN. If we were to sell, I would expect $175,000 to $225,000.
The way we are zoned, we have room to divide & add a second house.
I have a feeling Ohio countryside is probably in the same range.
Bernie

On Long Island, the famous Levitt houses of Levittown, originally selling for $5,900. to $6,900., on 60 x 100, now go for over $400,000. They've been expanded from their original 800 sq. ft. to well over 2,000 sq. ft. and garages have been added but it still amazes us.

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Calif Sue--We Iowans are blessed with sweltering summers and blizzardy winters. Keeps out the lightweights and leaves us plenty of room to grow families.... Only fools like me stay!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Wanda, how do you come up with the right thing to say all the time ?
Love it!
Bernie

We live in an area of summer homes. About one third of the people do not live here from September through May. I love the peace and quiet. Because it's mainly retired people who do live here, year round, there are less cars, more efficient and much quicker snow removal, less crowded shops, banks and library. We'd never move back.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

From what I remember of Iowa, the rural areas there, are much like the rural areas of Ohio. Sure, we have areas with million dollar houses. I can go 1-5 miles from where I live and easily find houses in the $200-500k range and even up to the millions. These houses are mostly in HOA type areas, with little to no yard.

The place we are buying is an excellent deal for the amount of land we are looking at and priced at about what the appraisal on it will be. We looked for other properties with nicer houses or larger houses and they just aren't available in the same price range. Sadly, that house is such a bargain because of an ugly divorce. Sure, it works in my favor but I feel badly that someone else's dream and life crashed to a screeching hault.

My own house, where I live is appraised at $126K for a 3bed, 2bath ranch on 1/4 acre. It will probably sell for around $130K. I really am looking for a trade off. I am out of room here and really do not like the schools. By the time this house sells, we will have about the same amount of debt, but really good schools and enough land to do what I want.

Even had a little though this morning...LOL I can put a salon right in my side yard. I think I'll call it Sunrise Salon and tropicals with a greenhouse off the side! I can do hair in the wee hours before hubby leaves, close up shop and take care of the kids and the plants. Hmmmm... :)

Or maybe you could do hair while your clients plant seeds in trays for you! Better than a tip.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

ROTFLOL There ya go! "here is a pack of seeds for you and cuttings and rootone for you". LOL

For kids that get buzzer cuts you can sit them out on the lawn with a hose end sprayer and Miracle Gro and they can spray and feed while you buzz them!

Even little kids can spray your ferns with a hand held sprayer!

People getting bleached or dyed get the longer jobs:
Staking up tomato plants in trays, deadheading as the bleach works, etc.

Got to keep them moving in an out and getting your gardening done at the same time!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Hey didn't we first meet in a Saloon?

Talk about going around!

Ric

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Can we have our old table by the door????

R

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.