How much does a dream cost?

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

There is a huge difference between a mortgage "banker" and a mortgage "broker". Don't allow yourself to be duped just because you want the property. Stay with the bank or mortgage banker. They risk losing their license to do business if they don't deliver what they promise. Many mortgage brokers just open a few blocks away with a new name.

I was an underwriter for years. You're looking at the value of the property, the credit and reliability of the applicants, and their ability to pay back the loan. Banks and mortgage bankers are not in business to own the real estate you want to buy - or anyone else. They lose money all the time on foreclosures. It looks bad on their statements. That is why they have to feel very comfortable that it will be paid back and there's enough of an investment, financially, to make it worth it to you to pay it back. They aren't in business to lose customers.

I know it's a war of nerves and you're concerned about the children and their sports. Try anything like gardening, packing up books, etc. just to relax and see what the bank has to say. I'll bet you get it.

I wish you a "happily ever after" life.

Arlene/pirl/whatever!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I just want to let you guys know, once the Loan Originator at the bank took over, things have gotten straightened out except for a few figures the first guy messed up. We are approved for the loan. We are carefully weighing our options and listening to alternatives from other lenders.

That said, I have made a commitment to not spend so much time on the computer for a week and try to get some stuff done around the house and make sure all the important plants are permanently marked.

I want to thank you guys for being the best cheer leaders I know and for all the good advice and opinions. I will be checking in off and on.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Yea!! That's wonderful!! So happy for you ~

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!...now you can get a good nights sleep,
Brigitte

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

ARE YOU KIDDING??? Do you have any idea how many plants I have to move? LOL Guess I better make plans for the furniture and clothing. ;)

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

That's great, Chele! We'll miss seeing you around as much, but we can spare you for a little while. You do know we're going to need SO many photos of the new place and your progress.

Here's a little poem that was on a picture Howie gave me one time:

No matter what
No matter where
It's always home
If love is there

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Congratulations, Chele!!!! Plants first, furniture and clothing can wait! LOL

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Congrats!!
I will be going thru this in 4 years when hubby retires, only we most likely will move quite far. Gulp.

Now the hard work starts, may your land soon be filled with visions of blooms.

(Maryott's, taken by Bill Maryott)

Thumbnail by Calif_Sue

SO HAPPY FOR YOU. Didn't I tell you it was a lucky day? Be thrilled, dance around the house and take care of the plant labels first, clothes next.

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Michelle,

How wonderful for you! just saw this thread--I've done more digging lately than computer time... All that space for you and the girls and your dream. What a Godsend!

My parents moved onto 2 acres surrounded by woods & fields when i was 7 years old. We had 8 kids and room to get way from each other. Good for you!

I'm coming to the Trapshoot Nationals again in August. Want me to stop by & help you pack or dig?

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

LOL Thanks you bunch of nuts!

McKinney, TX(Zone 8a)

Wonderful News!! Congratulations to all eight of you.

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

OH happy busy time
Congrats.
God bless and prosper you and yours ,

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

Yahoo for you all!!!

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Wonderful news. Can't wait to hear the final results. Take some time away, but don't forget your fan club here....we will be waiting when the time comes.

Donna

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Chele, Howie said you'll have one acre per girl, and have 1.28 acres left for you and Craig to split.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Mazal Tov!!

The offer of help still stands.
(Though if you want ledgible plant tags.........)

Ric

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

LOL! You guys are a riot! I have it narrowed down to two banks. One bank already gave me the terms and numbers. The other bank is going to call/email me terms/rates, etc later today. Either will give me a good faith letter to put in a bid as soon as I say okay. Right now, we are down to mincing! I'll let you guys know as soon as I make up my mind. Ironically hubby took off work on Monday so we can drive back up there, look around and hopefully catch a few neighbors at home. :)

OMG! This is getting so real!!

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

You'd better hurry up and get pregnant, Chele. You'll need extra nesting hormone to get everything just-so.

Central, KY(Zone 6b)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so happy for you, I live on a farm out in the country and I can't imagine a better place for the girls to finish growing up!

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Wonderful news!!! Congrats!!!!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

YES!!

You have mail.
Bernie

Nashville, TN(Zone 6b)

And let the Work Begin!!!
Congrats and Best wishes.

Moon Twp, PA(Zone 6a)

Chele,
May this be the home of your dreams,
May all your dreams come true,
May you get all your plants safely moved,
Then the sale on your current place go through!!

Good Luck and God Bless!! ~ Suzi ♥

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Oh boy it looks real close. I am happy for you.

I'll bet you can't wait for the day when you can look back at all of your anxiety and wonder why you ever worried!

Good luck and happiness always!

After you're settled you can start a wedding garden. By the time it all matures you can use it for your girls.

Ripley, MS

We should all plan a home warming party for you and send plants, we will wait until next spring and give you time to relocate yours. Let us know what kind of plants you will be needing to help get your business going.
Sandra

Sandra: what a terrific idea. Shall we do it for Mother's Day to keep her busy planting?

If we have lots of hosta we could send her some for a hosta garden.

If we're loaded with daylilies, iris, shade or sun plants, we could send it.

I just wouldn't want to overwhelm her.

West Newfield, ME

Congratulations Chele! I'm so happy for you. Let us know how everything is going if you have a moment.

Lisa

Clearfield, PA(Zone 5a)

Congratulations and Good Luck with the moving process!

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you.

Kimberly!!!! Watch your mouth....lol If she has any more children, she won't be able to pay the morgage, build her new nursery or play in the gardens. ;-))

Donna

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Has anyone ever done a Moving Roundup?

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

THAT would be fun. :)

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Excellent idea!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Y'all are starting to scare me! LOL If you really wanna help, start mailing me really good dirt!

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

So, when does this hiatus from DG start??? LOL.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Well I still have to feed the baby and what remodelling do you want me to do at 11PM? LOL

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

I can send iris and day lily . We will give her a
Plant Pounding ,Whoopee for Badseed and her dreams .

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Congratulations, it sounds like your prayer was answered!

Teresa

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Wonderful news - I'm so happy for you. OMG the plans! I can only imagine!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.