Foxtail lily

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

yes debi
they are from your co-op and everything I got from that was awesome!
can I mention
I miss the co-ops ...
without getting yelled at?

(Zone 7b)

crestedchik, did you know co-ops have been restored on DG? They have a new forum and everything.

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

I heard that but heard there was some disagreements still on who what when where and how

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

There has been some discussion but I believe these are in full swing ~ http://davesgarden.com/forums/f/groupbuy/all/

Salt Lake City, UT(Zone 5b)

I purchased a foxtail lily 2 years ago. Last year I was hoping it would bloom--no luck. But it did multiply and now I have four plants poking their heads through the ground instead of just one. Is there a trick to helping them bloom?

LD :)

Haydenville, MA(Zone 5a)

pouting....mine have not made a reappearance after the first bloom....will have to try again....:)

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

Eremus survive in Alberta zone3 (L think) so I'm going to try 2.
Wish I could find that thread . How little watering?

Guess I had better go research.

Used to grow them in Ont. but never thought they would survive here in 3 or 2B. Maybe with mucho mulch in the winter.
Inanda

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

inanda, i was told by buggy crazy to water them in and leave them alone as too much water causes rot. but this is texas and you are in canada so i KNOW i am not the one to ask. barb

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Inanda, I have one in St. John's, Newfoundland. It survived the winter (I'm amazed!)...goodness knows it gets LOTS of water between all the rain and snow (some 60" per year), so it seems that excess watering is not a problem, as long as the soil is well drained. (BTW, I have Cleopatra)

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

Cleopatra is growing well on my windowsill. Yellow orphan has shown NO GROWTH at all since I bought it. What gives?

Can't remember but am fairly sure they all used to grow together when I grew them in Ont. 10 years ago.

Any ideas??? Same treatment with both.

Have 4 martagons at least 6 inches or more. 4 feet away, 15 that haven't shown any signs of life. Humpht (Norwegian for rats)

Inanda

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.