Asiatic Lilies

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

This is "Coral Sunset".

Thumbnail by Shirley1md

This is the 1st year that it's blooming! I obtained it through Melissa's wonderful co-op last year.

Thumbnail by Shirley1md

Don't you just love those warm tropical colors?!

What Asiatic Lilies are you growing???? Let's see some pictures!!!

Thumbnail by Shirley1md
Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

Will the real Coral Sunset please stand up. This is my Coral Sunset from the coop. Do they look the same? I love it regardless but we have 3 in plantfiles that all look different need to figure out which is right. What do you all think? http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/55509/index.html

Thumbnail by mystic
Waxhaw (Charlotte), NC(Zone 7b)

Mystic.. yours look like Coral Sunset... I think Shrileys look like Coral Sunrise

Northwest, MO(Zone 5a)

One of mine is listed in the Plantfiles....and I also got it in a coop. It was listed at "Coral Sunset" when I received it. Hope we can find out what lily is the "real deal"

Deb

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Here is what one of mine looked like. The other ones in the same place turned out red.

Thumbnail by Badseed

Yes, I think you're right! Mine does look like "Coral Sunrise". Mystic, yours does look more like "Coral Sunset"! Chele, your's is pretty too. Is yours Coral Sunrise or Sunset?

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I just don't know. But I do know the 2 red ones are not Coral anything. LOL

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Here is what two of my Coral Sunset look like. LOL

Thumbnail by Badseed
Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Commander In Chief

Thumbnail by Sue_WA
Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Butter Pixie

Thumbnail by Sue_WA
Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Tropical Dream

Thumbnail by Sue_WA
Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Monte Negro

Thumbnail by Sue_WA
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Shirley, I think your beautiful pic is Coral Sunrise.

Both can be compared here: http://www.lilynook.mb.ca/library/library-Asiatics-C.htm

This what I believe to be Coral Sunset although it was labeled Tropical Dream -- not even close. Difficult to catch the very pale pink in full sun.

Thumbnail by Moby
Northwest, MO(Zone 5a)

Yep...if Lilynook is accurate with their pictures...I guess mine also looks like Coral Sunrise...and not Coral Sunset as it was labeled. I'll now need to ask Dave to remove my pic from the plantfiles on this particular item...and place it under Coral Sunrise.

Beautiful pictures everyone!

Moby: Have you tried taking a picture of your Coral Sunset in the early evening around supper time when the sun isn't so strong and bleaches out the color of the flower? I usually take my pictures when I get home from work around 5:30p.m. Try it and see if it makes a difference in your photo.

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

Did anybody else get it from the coop? I love mine regardless of the name but wondering if everybody thinks its wrong then I will remove it from PF.

Waxhaw (Charlotte), NC(Zone 7b)

Who was the vendor for the Co-Op ??

Sue.. I just love the pictures you posted of Butter Pixie, and Monte Negro. Monte Negro is an all time favorite of mine.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Thanks Steve ~ I'll try that but I am waiting on a fresh bloom as I only have that first one which is a bit faded now.

I'm going to have to check on my supplier as I participated in 2 coops last year.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Thanks kdjoergensen! I love the clear color they have. It is amazing the assortment of colors available now! Butter Pixie is in morning shade and it just lights up the area.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I just found something interesting today. Nothing came up in the spot with the marker that says Commander in Chief! Maybe the two red ones above, ran around to the front of the house and jumped in the hole with my Coral whatever. Now I have to figure out which hole 2 Corals jumped into. ;)

I believe the vendor on this one was bloomingbulb.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I bet that just how it happened, Chele!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

LOL

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

99.999% sure this is Savannah

:-D

Only cuz I marked it. But I have 3 unnamed pinks tall and short that look just like her. Ah well.....................lovin' the Asiatics!

Thumbnail by Sue_WA
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Sue, your Savannah looks just like the wrong bulbs I received from bloomingbulbs that were suppose to be Marseille, but ended up pink. Maybe I'll change my nmarker to say savannah. At least it's very close. Did Savannah come from bloomingbulbs?

Susan

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Hi Susan

No I got it from Brecks, last June. Here is the description:

Hot raspberry pink. 3'-4' Late June (I know, not very descriptive!)

Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

Not sure what this is called since I bought these so many years ago and lost the tag. I also have a couple that has bloomed yellow and I thought this one was yellow last year also..I must be mistaken right? ...
I also have a few starglazer that is getting ready to bloom and I hope they wait until we come back from vacation so I don't miss them.

Thumbnail by SnowBird56
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Italia

Thumbnail by hemlady
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Lollipop

Thumbnail by hemlady
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Luxor

Thumbnail by hemlady
Northwest, MO(Zone 5a)

Hem...luv the Italia. :)

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Do you think that moles or mice could be responsible for "moving" bulbs around? I have had several that seemed to disappear or reappear in different places than planted....

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Luxor is a lovely shade of pink. Amazing how there can be so many different pink ones and yet they look different from one another.

Susan

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

It's kind of a peachy pink Susan.

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

I used to get a catalog from B&D lilies, and they had a great collection of unusual lilies. Anyone bought from them recently? Guess I'll just have to should just send for another catalog.....

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Or just check them out and order online ~ http://lilybulb.com/lilybulbs.html

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I'm always happy with my B&D lilies. But they don't seem to have any many different kinds as they used to years ago.

Susan

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. The last catalog I had from them had soooo many unusual ones that I wanted to order. Wish I had! Maybe there is another company that has a larger selection? Do you know of any?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.