Hello, and can you ID this plant

Argyle, TX

I'm new here and I wanted to first say "hello", and second ask if yall can tell me what this plant is. It has a tag that says coffee plant, but I don't think that's right.
thanks much,
Julie

Thumbnail by JulieSue
Argyle, TX

Here's one more picture of the same plant.

Thumbnail by JulieSue
Woonsocket, RI(Zone 6b)

I have a coffee plant. Unless what a see is a glare on the leaves, my leaaves are a solid green but the same shape.

Argyle, TX

Then maybe this is a coffee plant. I just thought it had the wrong tag because I bought another plant at the same time that says coffee plant and it's leaves look similar to a gardenia. Wonder if there is more than one type of "coffee plant". Thanks for your reply!
Julie

Argyle, TX

Here's the other plant that also claims to be a coffee plant. =)

Thumbnail by JulieSue
Greenback, TN

Looks like mine. :)

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Yeah, those really do look different. Are they similar in size? I'm sorry, I have no clue what the first one would be if the second is the true coffee plant. Hopefully someone else can help...

The Heart of Texas, TX(Zone 8b)

Julie,
The first one looks like an ardisa crispa or red coral berry plant.
I see a lot of them at the local garden centers like Home depot & Lowe's.
The last one looks more like the coffee plants i've seen...the tag probable got switched .

MsC

Argyle, TX

Thanks to each who responded. The plants are about the same size - 4 inch pots and the first one is 12" tall and the second is 8". I got them at Lowe's. I'm sure now that the second one is a coffee plant. Thanks much!
Julie

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

I agree w/Msc that the first one's an Ardisia...I have one myself and have also noticed them in nurseries and garden centers around here in the past year.

Argyle, TX

I did some looking around at "ardisia" in the plant files and elsewhere on the internet and that's what I have. Or I should say that's what my mother has, because I sent both of these plants home with her today. She was here visiting for a couple of days and we found them while we were out shopping. Thanks for the help with this!
Julie

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Don't know where my head is...forgot to say 'Hello' back to you and Welcome!

Argyle, TX

Thank you!

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Actually...unless the second photo is out of proportion...neither look like a coffee tree to me. The leaves of the Caffea arabica look like it's close cousin the Gardenia....much more ovate and very shiney....

Carol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.