2005 Newbie Iris Giveaway!

Augusta, AR(Zone 8a)

Wanda,
The iris you sent arrived today, and they look great! I can not wait to see them bloom. Thanks so much for the gorgeous cards also. Your gardens are so beautiful! I will send your money asap. Forever greatful =).

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

That's why I'm here --just spreading the addiction...

MORE Newbie packs available...

Prescott, AZ

Hello Wanda,
I am a newbie as well. Would love a pkg as well, if I am not to late. let me know how much for shipping. Thanks Tammy

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Wanda,

You're so generous! Any idea how many packages you've sent this year?

Arlene

TamiF--Welcome to DG! I see you are VERY NEWBIE! I have plenty of iris to dig & share--a box will go off to you this week.

Arlene, I don't keep track of how many packs go out. ??? I'd have to go thru my records or mail requests. I also dig iris that I give to Alwaysweeding to keep & share with friends. I do quite a few trades too.

I figure that if I addict all these new people, they will add more I don't have & be ready to trade in a few years too!

I am so very impressed Wanda!

Don't be. We all know that if you have gardens big enough, SOMETHING always needs to be given away.... :)

That's what we're doing this weekend: giving daylilies to people willing to come with shovel and pails, etc. It will be nice to have more room!

hanna, WY(Zone 4b)

How neat! I can't wait to be able to do that. I want to give back to people for everything thats been given to me. Yvonne

It's a kind of "you don't know what you're getting into" type of grin that crosses our faces, as we give plants away. Kind of like leading them into temptation. They leave happy and remain friends forever. It's also nice to walk through other gardens and see a piece of your own growing there.

When I told Miriam today that we'd bring it over on Saturday she was shocked. I guess she thought that having 1363 left we'd feel as though we'd lost out on something! If you can make a person happy with a plant then do it!

Joy for all!

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Wanda, you are probably one of the most generous people I know. You go girl!

Diann

The easy part is giving them away. The hard part is the digging & trimming & washing & bleaching & marking and packing!

People with buckets & shovels sounds great....

Augusta, AR(Zone 8a)

Wanda, wanted to let you know that your postage is on it's way. I am sure I speak for everyone when I say that we appreciate all your efforts in the iris giveaway. They arrived beautifully; better than most mail order packages. I do realize it's alot of work, and if I lived closer I'd be there helping you all I could. My hats off to you Wanda!

hanna, WY(Zone 4b)

I agree with everyone else here. Wanda is the greatest. Bleaching ? Can you tell me what you do there? Thanks Yvonne

many of us choose to not only wash the roots we send out, but to soak them in a 10% bleach water solution. I soak for 20 minutes, rinse & set out to dry. Just trying to help the Iowa bacteria to stay in Iowa. (Once I got to lazy to do this & a healthy earthworm crawled out of a hiding place when it arrived !)

Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

Wanda, do you still have any of the newbie packs? I'm new as of 4/05.....
If not, I'll just keep watching :)

TIA
Janis

Janis, I'll have more Iris Newbie boxes by Monday. I'll be digging this weekend off & on when the weather is under 95 degrees....
Please email me your address.

Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

Wanda, Thank you so much :)
Will Dmail you now

Janis

Fruitport, MI(Zone 5a)

Wanda,

I just joined Dave's Garden this month. What a great find! Your iris' are beautiful. Do you have any more newbie packs left? I would definately like one.

Kathy

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Wanda, my newbie box arrived today and I am just thrilled! Thank you so much, they are going into their new beds come sunup! Hugs, hugs and more hugs! Mich

Woofens, your iris Newbie Pack went out & I have one for you too, Kathyvm. Need your address--I'm not good at guessing... :)

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers
Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

Wanda, thought I Dmailed you.. maybe not :) Got mine today... thanks SOOOOOOOOOOOO much :)

Janis

Iris enabler--that's me! I DO expect to see some phtos next Spring...

Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

You will :) Heck I get like 1 bloom a day from my MGs and I'm out there with my camera LOL I have 1 measly sunflower blooming, the kids and I are there every morning with the camera. The little ones are worse than me, everything that flowers is a "flower" to them, and I have to take a picture of each discovery :)

Janis

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Hi Wanda,

I joined last month. If you have any left I'd love some of your iris if they're the kind for Florida. I think we've corresponded before, about a hosta trade? I asked for ID on the hosta forum but because the plants are so young and it's summer and hot I don't think we can get one now. I'd be happy to send them on if you like.

Thanks, Leslie

Thumbnail by LaLambchop

Leslie, I'll be happy to send you some iris to try. If you can keep them nice & dry, they should work. DGmail me your name & address & I'll get a box dug for you.

Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

How about a great big DUHHHHHHHH for me... I didn't pay any attention to what else was in the box... Wanda, thank you so much for the beautiful cards :) They are awesome

Janis

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Yes, they are cards arent they! I thought they were photos of the Iris you sent me, but now see they are not! How nice Wanda, what a wonderful surprise, Thank you so much. I got the babies into their new beds this morning, now the wait begins. You are a doll, and are really appreciated. Big hug, Mich

The cards are potluck--just leftovers from my daily photography sessions in my garden.

I have a bunch of new iris to plant too. Sue_Wa and Mgh decided that i didn't have enough historics... :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.