2005 Newbie Iris Giveaway!

Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Wanda - I'm so excited to be a recipient of your Newbie offer! It's so sweet and generous of you to share your over-abundance! Look forward to adding these to the mere 40 iris I already have - at least it's a beginning!! The number of varieties of iris is so mind-boggling to this iris newbie, and I have a lot to learn. I can already tell that this forum will contribute greatly to my lack of iris knowledge. What fun it will be to see the blooms next spring!!

Northern Michigan, MI(Zone 5a)

Hi Wanda

I just subscribed today. I've been lurking here on the forum the last two weeks and have come to realize it's becoming an addiction....lol.

I just sent you DG mail. If your generous offer is still available I'd like to participate as well.

Thankyou !!!
~Julie =0)

Marion, IN(Zone 5a)

I signed up in 2004 and subscribed 2005, I would love some of your Iris's

Karen

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Enabling iris addiction? That's me! LOL
jhgardens & jab--got your addresses-.

Arlene & Karen, I should have plenty for both of you too--just email me your addresses so I get the boxes to the right place.

It's been alternating rain & sun the past few days--like a green house here with heavy duty humidity. My daylilies love it! With luck, I should be able to get these Newbie irises dug tonight & packed up. Got to whittle down some of my huge clumps...

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Wanda, I'm sending you your postage this week. And thanks again for the goodies! Planting them today, not the note cards though!

hanna, WY(Zone 4b)

Wanda , had your postage all ready to go. Went to the po and didnt have it with me. Will go in the mail tomorrow. thanks again. Yvonne

Sure, sure. Heard THAt one before! :) Mailing all the above Newbie packs tommorrow.

Hmmm--I STILL seem to have a NEWBIE iris box left. Any more hungry Newbie iris addicts out there?

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I have postage heading your way for the last one. Will gladly take another if nobody else jumps up! (I can put more postage in this envelope!)

deb

Karen, you grabbed the last box of this group....

If I get more Newbies, I'll just have to attack some different clumps.
Always have plenty to share with people who love iris...

"Thank You" to everyone who has promptly sent their postage. This project can get expensive when you send out this many boxes. :)

hanna, WY(Zone 4b)

Wanda, I'm sure it does get expensive. Very giving and trusting of you to send it out without postage. Sorry about that. I'm really scatterbrained at times. I promise it will go out today. ITs in the car and ready to go. Thanks again. Yvonne

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Ditto, Vonny. I'll mail your postage after my dr. appt.
Promise, Wanda!

Marion, IN(Zone 5a)

Wanda, if you can tell me what the postage was I will mail it tomorrow...other wise I will have to wait till I get it...

Karen

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Same here. Arlene

Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Same for me, Wanda. Will be in the mail as soon as I know how much! jh

hanna, WY(Zone 4b)

Got mine off to you today WAnda. Thanks again. Yvonne

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I do believe I qualify if you have any leftovers! I love your trades and the beautiful Iris I have already recieved from you! LMK
JanetS

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Nope, I just checked! Sept. 2004. I can't believe it has been that long! It will be Christmas next time I turn around! You are a doll Wanda! You were one of the first people I received plants from and beautiful cards as well!
JanetS

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Wanda,
I DID send you a check yesterday. Thanks again and I used one of your notecards yesterday, no, not to you! Thanks so much for the added sweetness.

Corpus Christi, TX(Zone 9a)

I received Wanda's irises the other day. I am so excited and it was soooo sweet of her to do this for all us newbie iris planters! The cards enclosed were so beautiful and such a great idea! I am going to have to 'borrow' that idea to use up all those double prints of the kids and start sending them out to the grandparents.

Thanks again wanda!!
Laura

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

Wanda Rocks ! http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/524830/

LOL. Scooterbug--thanks for the link! I've been so busy digging iris & deadheading daylilies that I missed the thread. You know how it is--miss a day on Dave's and miss alot...

Wanda: that was a great video and you are a very generous person.
My gardens thank you for your kindness many times over.

Just doing what my Mama always taught me-- "Give away and it comes back in Blessings." I am Blessed and my garden is Blessed--why not share?

More Newbie packs of 4 named iris colors available this weekend as I thin down some beautiful clumps of iris...

Babbling Brooks needs thinning...

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers
Northern Michigan, MI(Zone 5a)

Wanda

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou !!!! The iris rhizomes you sent me arrived today. They mean a great deal to me and your generosity and kindness are appreciated more than you shall ever know !!!! I got all sniffley when I opened the box....lol, silly I know but your kindness touched me.

The photo cards are beautiful !!!!!!!!

Have a great 4th of July holiday. Postage will be sent out ASAP.

Many thanks again, Julie =0)

Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Wanda -

The iris arrived a bit ago and I'm so thrilled to have them! Such nice rhizomes! And the note cards.....what a treat, and what a great idea!! BTW - I saw you packaging and beginning to address my box on the TV video - what fun!! Postage will be on its way - Tuesday!

Thanks so much for your generous heart!! One of these days I hope to share with others as you have shared with me. DG'ers are the best!

Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

Got my iris today. They are fantastic. Thanks so much for the cards also. I will send you a check on Tuesday for the postage.

Have a great 4th of July.

Thanks,
Sheila

Soquel, CA(Zone 9a)

Wanda,
your iris arrived today : )
thanks for going to all the extra trouble for me! i hope sometime soon i can return the favor!!!
postage will go out tues.
have been trying like mad to watch your TV show ; ) but i think my dialup is too slow, boo hoo.
will have to take it to the high speed cafe and check out your garden there!!!!
thanks again and have a wonderful weekend!
Tatyana/7sisters
ps. i just realized it was YOU who sent me ALREADY a gorgeous (purple/tan) TB iris plus caesar's brother SI for postage. you are great! xoxoxoxoxo

Marion, IN(Zone 5a)

Wanda, I got the Iris's. They looked great!!!!! Thanks for your generous(sp) offer..

I will send you the postage on Tuesday.

Karen

Sounds like the mail came thru in time for you all to dig this weekend.
Have fun! :)

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

LOL Wanda, Thanks for 'splainin' why the reporter dude was sulking around your garden in the dark, on the video .
I thought he was there at sunrise to do a surprise garden makeover for a TV show ....... Uh-Oh, not funny ;-(

OH MY GOD!!!!!! NOT MY GARDEN! I would cry so hard... Besides, I do enough damage to my own beds rearranging--don't need anyone else to help me!

Amend that, Judy & Colette, you are welcome to come & help me thin some down today...

I never wanted to live anywhere else but Wanda makes it so tempting!

Gee, I've got an empty bedroom upstairs if you like to weed... :)

I've never minded weeding. Long ago, when I was about 22, I read something that stuck with me and it goes something like this:

A neighbor was passing a fellow neighbor who was weeding and asked what's the use because they'll just come back. His reply was,
"With so many evils in this world, this is one that I can do something about".

Since that day I don't complain, ever, about weeding, just the invasive plants: they get me nutty!

I find weeding very calming--it's just that I have bushes that need trimming & iris to dig right now. I like my beds clean.

Arbuckle, CA(Zone 9a)

Wanda, I would love an iris newbie pack if you still have any. I hangout on the daylily forum a lot, but I love iris also. I live on 10 acres, still have a ton of space to fill.

Someday, I would love to get so many flowers, that there would be little room for boring grass. :-)

Thanks, you are a very generous person!

Sandy

Augusta, AR(Zone 8a)

Hi Wanda, I just subscribed today, and I really feel like I am going to love it here. I would love a box if you have any left. I must say that I love them all, however I am partial to ruffles, darker shades, and two tones like the 'Stepping Out'. Do you by chance have a yellow top with maroonish falls? I have been searching for one of those for a long time. Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy with any you can spare. I like them all. Let me know. Thanks, Sheila

Welcome to DG Sheila! Hope you spend many happy hours here and meet nice people like the very nice and very generous Wanda!

Sandy, got your address & I'll ship off your Newbie Pack tommorrow.

Sheila, I don't think I have any more Steppin Out, but I do have nice roots of Gay Parasol that I just dug yesterday. Email me your address & I'll see what I have available for you!

Arbuckle, CA(Zone 9a)

Thanks Wanda!

Sandy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.