2005 Newbie Iris Giveaway!

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

If you just SUBSCRIBED to Dave's Garden in 2005, scroll down for a FREE IRIS NEWBIE PACK.....

This message was edited Jun 27, 2005 11:37 AM

If you are new to DG and love iris, I have a deal for you! I'm cleaning out my iris patches and will send you 4 different iris roots for postage--different colors. 3 will be named & one beautiful , but no name.

Some of the iris included: (TWO roots of each cultivar)

Solid Mahogany--Deep red TB
Tides In--medium blue ruffled TB
Appleblossom pink-soft Pink IB
Laurel Park-HUGE salmon pink TB
And lots more!

All you do is post a "I want it" here & email me your address! Beautiful iris for postage costs.

I will take the FIRST 11 NEWBIES for the FREE iris packs....

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers

Okay Newbies--I know you are out there.... If you don't start jumping I'll have to let all the other DGers in on this.... :)

High Desert, NV(Zone 5a)

You have mail from me :)

N. Mississippi, MS(Zone 8a)

Im new and love Iris and I WANT. lol Sending you mail and thanks.

Okay! I have them all packed today and ready to go. Who else is lurking out there?

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

Hi Wanda,
I replied to your other giveaway before I saw there was one just for newbies -- that's ME! If it's okay, I'll have these instead...
Thanks so much!!

Londonderry, NH

I love irises.
I just replied to your Inferno irises giveaway, but I am a newbie and would love this free iris pack, i will gladly pay postage for them!! Thank you, your the best!

Bridgewater, MA(Zone 6b)

Wanda, I am in the same boat as gina. I posted to the other iris thread, but I am indeed a newbie myself. I'll be sending you another email..... Thanks again!

Gina & Greg--I have you both covered with Newbie packs.

Rwood17---Got a Newbie pack of 4 different iris colors saved for you, but I'm lousy at guessing addresses. Email yours to me ? :)

I have TWO Newbie Iris packs still available for postage. Come on, stop lurking & post so I can jumpstart your iris garden!

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Wandaflowers,
I would love some of your irises. I just joined in March 2005. Let me know how much postage due.
Do you have any of the "Raspberry Blush" left? Those look just beautiful and I love raspberries. Just wondered. Don't mean to be greedy.
My address is in the exchange.
Thanks so much for sharing the the "newbies."
Carol

This message was edited Jun 12, 2005 12:51 AM

Carol, The quick fingered denizons of Dave's Garden wiped my Inferno and Raspberry Blush supplies out late last night. I WILL save a Newbie iris box for you!

Cumming, GA

I just subscribed today and would love to get some Irises.

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Yes, I was outside all day working in the garden finally. The weather had sunshine and no rain for once so I really took advance of the day.
But thanks anyways for whatever you can do for me.
Carol

Teresa--Welcome to Dave's Garden! You are certainly a Newbie and consider this Newbie iris pack a "welcome gift" to DG.

NEWBIE IRIS PACKS ALL GONE--- Miss a day in Dave's Garden and miss alot! :)

Lyndonville, VT

If anyone has any iris's to swap for postage let me know- I am the founder of our pug rscue and got in 5 pugs at once- all were at my home- one adopted friday - two yesterday and two more this a.m.- I am sooooo tired...family reunions, working out in my yard planting etc and the rescue work could be full time stuff..lol

So I miss out on EVERYTHING>>>>:(

Happy bday to me- more pugs coming in today and need to get them into foster care in other homes while we get them vetted..

Think of me:)

Karen Powers
Founder
www.greenmtnpugrescue.com

If anyone is into cookbooks we just came out with one over 500 pages long for a benefit for our rescue group. If interested- just shoot an email:)

hugs

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Wanda, Teresa (Charlie98) is a great friend of mine. I'm so glad she got in on this. I've already told her how much she'll love your irises.

High Desert, NV(Zone 5a)

Wanda,

Thank you again for sharing. What a nice idea, to welcome us "newbies".

PS. Your postage went out today.

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

Uh -Ohhh !

Wanda "The Enabler" strikes again .............. lololol

All y'all are gonna love her irises , good stuff .

Thumbnail by scooterbug
Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Yup, Wanda... You are busted! Contributing to the addictions of Newbies...

You stand convicted, and your sentence is one new addiction for YOU... lol.. hmmm, what do you want to get addicted to next?

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

Congratulations..newbies.. Wanda is one of the great Iris sharers.. ! I benefited from her generousity last summer and got alot of beautiful blooms this year. Lots of folks (namely me) are often afraid to take a chance on plants for postage..fearing folks will complain about the plants or not send the postage..so you are blessed indeed to get iris from Wanda.

I know you will love them !!! :)

Coventry, RI(Zone 6a)

LOL, I get to be the newbie that doesn't get her fix this time! Grats to the lucky gardeners! I've been the lucky recipient of a few for postage, perfect for the newbie, offers..... Have I mentioned in this forum yet how much I love this site?

-=LuLu

Lulu--email me--you are about to get LUCKY!

I just received some incredible iris in trades and need to find room in my garden. Out go the duplicate clumps! I have about 5 NEWBIE IRIS packs now available:
2 roots of each of these Tall Beardeds & all it costs you is postage!

Winter Carnival: large ruffled white
Inferno: deep ruffled red
ruffled PINK with purple beard--where did this one come from?
And a lovely purple or blue named iris.

NEWBIES__post here & email me your address if you want to get in on this...

Coventry, RI(Zone 6a)

So exciting!!!! I'm learning about all kinds of iris, and it seems I have just the right spot for almost all varieties that will survive around here. Any suggestions for where to find good basic info on planting suggestions? Soil, light, etc are easily picked from in my yard, so I want everyone to have the perfect home! Thanks so much!!!

-=LuLu

West Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Wanda, I'm not sure if you are all done, or not........so I'll send you mail

Lululocks & Mudgirl--I DO have more NEWBIE IRIS packs available again=== a different selection than I offered last week.

More Tall Bearded IRIS collections available for you if you subscribed to DG in 2005 and love iris. Post here & email me your address before i run out!

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Um, Wanda, can I re-subscribe? Just asking (as I'm running and ducking). lol

Concord, NH(Zone 5a)

I sent you an email Thanks! I am a newbie!

Mudgirl--you're getting a specioal selection of short IB, MTB and SDB

Nanners is just NEW to DG today!!! Welcome & joint the iris addiction club. Tazzy is our chairman, Laurie teases with pics & I am the chief enabler this month! LOL

Babbling Brook is overflowing it's area & is going to be our blue choice...

pins--YOU are incorrigible and I like to reward that! LOL I'll throw a Newbie box your way too! :)

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Hey, Nanners, welcome to DG!! You'll love it!

And, Wanda, you're a doll! I don't CARE what everybody else says!! (running and ducking even harder - puff! puff! puff!) LOL

You'd either better run & duck or name a garden after me ---I just looked at what you conned me out of in the past years! LOL

Got 5 more NEWBIE Packs ready to send out. Any takers or do I throw them to the hungry DG mob? 4 colors, no waiting--postage costs only ----

Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

Wanda,
I have been a member over a year but I just subscribed in May and that is when I started trading. I would love some of your Iris.
Winnie

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Okay, okay, Jardin de Wanda it is! lol

Winnie--NEWBIE subscribers deserve to be rewarded! Email me your address and I'll get a pack out to you! :) After all, being a subscriber is alot more fun than a lurking member!

I've got 8 more iris boxes packed & ready to go out. I'll open this to anyone who hasn't gotten iris from me in the past.... There MUST be a few of you oput there lurking--COME AND GET IT!

Woodville, TX(Zone 8a)

Wanda, I would love some of your iris. I am not a newbie but have never received any of your iris. I will reimburse you for postage. Thanks so much. Jenny

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Oh Wanda - Anything in pink would be wonderful. I paid member dues 5/1/05.
Thank you and please email me so I can send you the money. Thanks so much!

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I would love a box Wanda, IF I am eligible! Thanks!

Deb

This message was edited Jun 18, 2005 9:36 AM

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

Not new, but never had any from you.. If any left I would love them.. Thanks..

Larkie

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Do you, by any chance, take PayPal? Arlene

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.