What Beardeds are up now? #5 - can you believe it?

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

'starship enterprise' 'starship enterprise' ...............

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Sue - Maybe this will resolve the lavender issue for your 'Boysenberry Buttercup'.

Here's the description off of Sutton's website. (Lauer'97)S.It. creamy yellow; F. lavender, lighter rim; sweet scent.

And a description from Blue cloud iris.
(Lauer '97) TB S. creamy yellow; f. lavender; white/mustard/yellow beard; ruffles
Hope that this helps.

I know that some of the photos have flowers that are more intense - like the plant files and Schreiner's. But I'm more apt to rely on the description when identifying iris. Photos can do funny things.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

You are some very bad people indeed! LOL I am almost out of yard and the kids still like to eat!!

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

The Suttons description fits the bill. I did notice that about the color of Iris on Schreiner's on other Iris I have researched. The 'Creamy Yellow' can be misleading if you are looking at it and saying 'Cream' or 'Light Tan'. But in the Iris World maybe they don't have Tan but a variation of yellow........here I go again............

Now here is a kicker from Schriener's website: Boysenberry Buttercup's large flowers are distinctively colored. the light creamy yellow of its standards creates an alluring contrast to the rich boysenberry color of its falls. This child of our own Best Bet and grandparent, Edith Wolford, has a captivating sweet fragrance.

Did you read: Child of Best Bet and Edith Wolford............can I kill myself now? I feel like ...............Wine anyone?

LOL. Too much time in the sun perhaps for me? LOL!!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

No, don't kill yourself. Were'nt you clever???

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Schreiner's colors are awfully bright compared to how mine are blooming. Their catalog is practiclly florescent.

Gotta get back to work or I won't be able to afford my garden habit.

My iris garden is glorious right now--open to tour if you're in my neck of the woods. Just give me a holler--i can always get free....

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Yep, Schreiner's is another "bright photo" spot. Leotas is another. I'm sooooo grateful for the plant files. That's another thing about Blue J that's interesting. They have a link to the DG iris plantfiles at the top of their pages. I've never bought anything from them before this spring, but I think that it's brilliant.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

A link? Do you think they could be a member of Dave's Garden?

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

I don't know. I called and asked them if they would mind us putting some of their images on DG. They were right in the middle of Iris season though so she said that we could talk about it later. Nice folks.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Here are the last 2 stalks of Iris from my back yard. Decided to cut them and bring them into the house to enjoy. This is Fantasm and Voluminous.

Susan

Thumbnail by lincolnitess
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Beverley Sills, Impressionist, and Sugar Blues are blooming in the garden today. Things just keep surprising me.

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

OK Doss ;
we want picture OK ?
LOL Or did you get dumped like i do posting pic some times i just get web site not responding
i just hate hanging in cypher-space with half posted picture

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

No, Tazz. I jut have posted those photos of those Iris a million and a half times. I thought for sure that people were sick of them. It is fun to have Bev Sills reblooming though. It doesn't always happen. I'll go take a photo of it today if it's still good looking.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

I still have quite a few up right now because the weather stayed cold and rainy here up until a few days ago. Here are some of my favorites:

Zandria

Thumbnail by flowerfrenzy
Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Six Pack (Tall Bearded class, but called novelty because it has no standards and six falls):

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Here's Ebony Angel:

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Street Walker:

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Heavenly Encore:

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Ravishing~A really nice, big orange one!

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Whispering Spirits~

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Okay, last one, I promise! Here's "Carnival Ride"~

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Flowerfrenzy - I am just blown away. I have ordered a couple of these for next fall and I can't wait. Especially 'Carnival Ride'.

Don't stop!

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

That is different. Thanks for the pics.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

"Whispering Spirits" and "Carnival Ride" are siblings from the "Ring Around Rosie" line. Out of the two, I definitely favor "Carnival Ride". This is the first year I've grown it, and it's really that colorful!

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Okay, doss~you asked for it!

Bad Cad:

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

It's All Good:

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Grateful Citizen:

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Bruneau Jasper:

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Spouting Horn:

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Lovely Senorita:

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Solar Fire:

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Prototype:

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Lip Service:

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

I have tons more, but I'll stop with this one so I don't hog up the thread! :]

This is "Vapor"

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks for the cyber tour.

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

WOW! love lip service, carnival ride, vapor, and zandria. is zandria really that blue?

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

daylily~

No, Zandria is more of a deep (yet bright) purple, but I find purples and blues can be kind of hard to photograph.

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

ff, it's still pretty!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

So hog away! I'm thinking everyone is happy with your beautiful cultivars. I hope that you're putting them in the plantfiles. Some of the Iris you have don't have any photos attached to them in the plantfiles.

And, as far as blue and purple photography. I agree. Fiddling with the white balance on the camera can make a huge difference I've noticed.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the pointers on the blue/purple problems. I'll give it a try!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.