A few of Clematis

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Don't ask me which ones are which, because most of them are growing on the same fence and they just wind in and out of each other. lol

This message was edited May 16, 2005 4:55 PM

Thumbnail by trunnels
Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

This bloom came up through the creeping phlox.

Thumbnail by trunnels
Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Can you tell I'm into purple?

Thumbnail by trunnels
Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

A different purple. :-)

This message was edited May 16, 2005 4:56 PM

Thumbnail by trunnels
Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Thumbnail by trunnels
Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Thumbnail by trunnels
Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Thumbnail by trunnels
Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Thumbnail by trunnels
Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Thumbnail by trunnels
Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Thumbnail by trunnels
Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Oh my!!! They all look beautiful!!

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Thumbnail by trunnels
Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Last one for now.

Thank you, Shelly! I just love them.

Thumbnail by trunnels
Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Absolutely lovely. I think you are a clematis addict, as am I. LOL
I love the frilly edging on pic 4. Really neat.
Donna

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

All your Clematis are gorgeous! Do they all bloom around the same time or at various times, like in the Fall? Did you keep any of the plant tags? I especially love # 8 & #11. Any flower with a lot of blue color!

Shalimar, FL(Zone 8a)

I'm in love! Your clematis are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing.
How old are most of these plants?
JenG

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

I am just getting into clematis...yours are beautiful!!

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Thank you everyone!! I have bags of tags all over the house. lol And I may be able to find the little plastic tags I stuck in the ground when I planted them. I keep meaning to go back and put names to all of my plants so I can make label everything correctly.

Most of these are 3 years old so they have more blooms this year than before.

These are all spring blooms but I do have blooms throughout the summer and fall.

This was taken yesterday and it is Jackmani. It was one of the first clematis I planted.

Thumbnail by trunnels
Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Here's a different view. You can see the fence where most of the vines are growing together.

Thumbnail by trunnels
Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Another.

Thumbnail by trunnels
Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Donna, I think you are right -- I AM a clematis addict. lol

Linden, VA(Zone 6a)

Those are some stunning flowers, Terrie. Thanks for posting them. I'm now inspired to have them not only climbing through the roses but also each other. I fenced the vegie garden last fall and planted a border outside with 6 each clematis and roses. Maybe in a few years I have the a great mix of colors, too.

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

It happens before you know it, Michele. This isn't a good picture but you can see my roses with bunches of clematis blooms. The rose is in a pot on the other side of the fence.

Thumbnail by trunnels
lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Terrie those are so pretty. Hard to believe there could be that many purple clematis in the world must lest all in your garden.

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Thank you, Jim! But I think there are more out there to be had. lol I must get the one Mickgene posted on her thread. What a beautiful purple that one is.

Santiago, Chile(Zone 9b)

Trunnels, you have a severe case of Clematitis! LOL

They are all so beautiful! Please keep posting pitures.

Hugs,

Ursula

Linden, VA(Zone 6a)

Terrie,
Do you know how to root clematis? If you can tell me when and how, I'll try rooting a Multi-Blue for you. (I've never had much luck other than the simple things that root in water and African Violet leaves; but I'm always willing to try!)
Michele

Linden, VA(Zone 6a)

Are #4 and #8 the same variety? I came across a frilly-edged variety like that when I was researching (what I think is) Multi-Blue and thought it was so feminine it was distinctive. Do you leave that potted rose in place all winter? In you last pic with the potted rose, are those clematis buds actually pink before they open? It's a nice color combo with the rose blossoms and just the buds!

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks, Ursula!

Michele, yes, #4 and #8 are the same variety. I love its femininity! The rose bush stays potted there all winter. I only planted it last year and this is the first time it has bloomed. One of those hit and miss things. I'm not much of a rose person just because I think you are really taking a chance with them but I do have a few.

I don't know anything personally about rooting the clematis but Jamie (Texasgarden) took a cutting from hers and rooted it for someone at the Roundup we just had last weekend. She just dipped it in root stimulator and put it in a little pot. We don't know yet if it is going to work but I'll let you know. :-)

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

Trunnels, Let's see...#6, 9 and 12...I like the looks of them...and they seem like what I could maybe use for a spot I am thinking of...do you know the names of them?

Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Very pretty flowers.........
Kaleem

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

hiya trunnels,

Now that's a lovely collection! Thanks for sharing.

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Hi Don. Nice to see you over here in my thread! Thanks for the compliments. :-)

Thank you very much, Kaleem! Do you grow Clematis in Pakistan?

Picturelady, I wish I could tell you the names of those but I can't at this time. I'll try to go back and look at old tags this weekend and post the names here.

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

Thank you, I would appreciate that !

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 7b)

LOVELY! I have such envy! I only have 2 clematis, Jackmanii and Ramona. I just planted a Mdm something... Julia...? I aspire to your display!

I MUST learn about pruning though, cause my Jackmanii only blooms 7ft in the air!

LOVELY!

Mel

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

LOL Mel, you are talking to the wrong person about pruning. I have to figure it out myself but the problem is, all of my vines grow together so once they are off the ground and on to the fence, I can't tell which is which in order to prune them. I'm definitely going to work on that more this fall.

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

OK..OK...you convinced me with your photos! I have a very addictive personality when it comes to flowers and now I think my addiction will take me to clematis. I have spent hours today looking at photos of them! I love them...Margie

Linden, VA(Zone 6a)

Mel, I have a friend with a Jackmanii that buries his mailbox with blooms every year. He cuts it ALL the way back every fall.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 7b)

Thanks Mick. That's what I was thinking, that they bloom on new wood! I need to get a grasp on that!

mel

Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

trunnels
Never seen here... last year I tried from seeds but no success, I listened this is very difficult to grow from seeds... need a long process. I just sowed and wait for germination... I think it is not good way to have this beautiful plant....LOL Need passions also.
You have very beautiful plants.
Kaleem

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.