My tropical and sub-tropical plants have been moved outdoors
(21 votes, 8%)
Red dot

Other?
(45 votes, 19%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Aurora, TX(Zone 8a)

Other.....because EVERYthing is popping in my garden! Pansy clumps are HUGE, annuals are spilling out and the perennials are boasting a new year. I could browse and stroll my garden for ages.........

=) MKJ

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

I haven't put in my garden yet.All I have in are my cabbage,cauliflower and broccoli.I have a long way to go and a short time to get there.lol.Jody

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

The annuals and warm-season veggies are in; no cool season crops for me this year. Most of the perennials are up and looking good, despite the fact we went from freeze warnings last week to near-90 degree days this week. Sigh...down here, Spring lasts for all of 48 hours, maybe 72 in a "good" year.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

The perennials are up, but not too many blooms, yet. Here, we're having an unusually beautiful spring week (who know's what's next.) The windows are open and it's warm and wonderful!

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

We are having balmy high 70's, low 80's, breezy. Getting dry, down about 2 inches. Weather too changable here to put out tender plants and tomatoes/peppers just yet.

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

I chose other because my annuals are out, my tropicals have been out for over a week (maybe two) and haven't had to go back indoors, Most of my perennials are up - some getting ready to bloom, my tomatoes are out, and I didn't grow any cool season plants this year.

Loveland, CO(Zone 5b)

ROFLMAO!!! I just saw a new forecast today that says we may get a bit of SNOW again on Wednesday!!! haha, I'm just starting to harden off some of my stuff... haha :)

Sarah

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

Terry
We went from 50* to 80* to frost and freeze warnings to 88* today.I got about 48 hrs. of spring too.LOL.Not really that funny though.Jody

Braselton, GA(Zone 8a)

I voted other b/c my cool seasons are at their peak, my annuals and perennials are blooming or coming up, my veggies are sprouting up too.

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

I'm LMBO too!! :-D A few perennials are starting to poke their tips up, but it's too early here for the rest of those options. lolol

Shannon

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

I voted other because it's a little bit of all of the above.

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

Boy - reading these posts is making me feel really lucky! I'd better go find some wood to knock on, lol! :-)

Aurora, TX(Zone 8a)

Me too, Karrie20x........I'm thinking, "Wow, aren't I the show-off??! 'All my stuff....'" well, it'll be hotter than Hades and frying everything before long....

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

I'm LMBO here too. NOT!

I have tulips blooming. Every morning they are laying their little blooms on the dirt. By evening they are perked back up again, but the next morning they are hanging their blooms again. They freeze everynight, and I walked by them the other morning and told them it was okay if they just wanted to give up already. I wouldn't blame them a bit. They keep plugging on though.

A few perennials are starting to poke up, and I can see hosta nubbins, but they aren't too anxious to emerge just yet.

My house is FULL of plants awaiting spring, but it just doesn't seem to come.

We are forcast for 6 inches of snow over the next two days.

It is May, isn't it?

Circle Pines, MN(Zone 4b)

My perennials are poking their little heads up, my tulips are about done, and my bleeding heart is getting ready to explode! Next week I get to plant all my little baby seedlings and I can't wait!!!

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Zarabeth, you're going to plant out next week? You're either much braver than I am, or 1/2 zone makes a lot of difference. LOL

(Zone 2b)

Other. I've started sowing the seeds for the most frost tolerant of annuals; a few perennials are up; trees are leafing out; and my seedlings that were started indoors are out in the day but come inside at night. It snowed this morning and is below freezing tonight, so not a lot is really taking off yet. It's still 'early spring' here.

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

I voted "other", because I have a little of a few of those situations.

My cool season plants are peaking or have just recently peaked - except my bok choy which got hit with cold and bolted early, and no one had any more plants to replace them. My little leaf lettuce patch just produced its first salad with many colored lettuces (about 6 or 7 varieties), my snow peas are just fruiting and my sugar snap peas are in full swing. My brocolli just got harvested a couple of days ago and the secondary shoots are just starting to come up in earnest. My spinach is still going strong and I still have a few radishes left. My potatoes plants are getting big, but I won't be touching them for a while yet. My Swiss chard will be ready to take the place of the spinach, because it's almost harvesting size, though not too impressive in size this year yet. My turnips are just starting to get big. My beets - well we can't win them all - hee.

As for the warm season crops - the beans are in and getting there, the yellow squash is about a foot and a half high, the first round of tomatoes is in - store bought plants this year, my seedlings are tiny and neglected, sigh - the peppers (also bought) are in, but pouting due to past wet weather - it's now dry. No eggplants or Sweet potatoes in yet - I'm waiting for space to open up after I harvest the turnips and the sad beets. Oh and my cucmbers (Chinese cucumbers) are just starting to wake up - hopefully, because they too were pouting for a while after sprouting nicely. They just sat at the same height for a while it seemed.

As for my flowers - I put in the annuals (impatiens and coleus this year with a few African and Gerber daisies). The perenials are up, but almost NO flowers yet, except for the azaleas that have already gone by and my Clematis (henryi) which is in full bloom. My other Clematis (jackmania - sp?) doesn't even have buds yet.

San Francisco, CA(Zone 10a)

Voted other.

Garlic planted last November is still cooking along.

Just planted out the tomatoes, and seeded the cukes. Need to seed the Marigolds this week.

In the herb garden, the Lavender and Chives are flowering and I need to take a machete to the Marjoram and Oregano (again!).

In the shade garden, it looks like I have a bloom on my voodoo lily (Dracunculus) and the toad lilies are pretty well along. Nothing happening with the Amorphophalluses (Amorphophalii?) yet.

Erik

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

I voted 'most perennials are up or blooming'. That 'up' would be the true part. Finally saw the first tiny leaves of my 'Amber Waves' Heuchera, which I had already given up on so the last one, as usual, is the balloon flower. I think everything else is up. Two bleeding hearts are ready to bloom , although they got knocked down fairly well by frost. The hostas have pretty much made up the first leaves that were all frozen off too. Worst frost damage I've ever seen at this house this year. My tulips did the same thing as yours, Joan. Couldn't believe they did it day after day and not a one froze!

Castro Valley, CA(Zone 9a)

A category should be added for: all of the above!!! Here in California everything is up right now, hard to keep up, lol

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Our crocus have just passed and the daffodils and english primroses are just starting. Buds are swelling on the trees but no leaves yet. I can expect leaves by early June if I'm lucky. Ahhh the joys of living in Newfoundland!

Pittsfield,, MA(Zone 5b)

My perennials are getting ready to blossom... the old indian tale I heard was once the Lilacs blossoms, we didn't have to worry about frost. Well they haven't blossomed and there's a frost freeze warning for tonight. SOOOOO the daturas I put out earlier in the week will be going into a wagon and into the garage. Every weekend has been crappy! But everything is greening up nicely. Am off next week sooo there's a trip to White Flower farm planned (www.whiteflowerfarm.com) and one to Bonsai West (bonsaiwest.com) both of which should lift my spirits and lighten my checkbook. In the meantime my sunroom is overflowering, I have a plant room under lights in my cellar that is bursting and every window is full...... I sometimes have to remind myself that this suits me better than the blistering hot summers and larger bugs off the south.

This message was edited May 12, 2005 6:52 AM

(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

I have a balcony garden in Denver and it's doing great! Pansies are doing great. Late tulips, grape hyacinths (on the way out) and daffodils are blooming. Climbing and carpet roses are leafing out beautifully. Astilbe has lots of leaves but no buds -- too early. Lilies growing like weeds. I bought a new clematis with big fat buds, and it's blooming. My other clematises are leafing out. Fern's up. Coleus planted. Morning glories survived the 35 degree night last night. EE pot growing well from transplanting last weekend. Parsley, chives and Marguerita daisies growing well. And I'm expecting stuff in the mail today! This is the best spring in a lot of years after a 5 year drought. We're still not out of the woods, but we're way ahead of last year.

SC, MT(Zone 5a)

I am looking out my office window at about 6" of snow.......so I voted other.

My hostas were all up but still curled. I couldn't cover them all so this morning they have all been frozen.

I too am 'hardening off' because I don't dare put them in the ground....but I can cover the lot in the carport.

If we didn't need the moisture so very much I would be very depressed.

Dansville, NY(Zone 6a)

none of the above.
Mother nature still thinks it winter here, droped to 30F last night.
I do have some tristar strawberries i planted a few days ago when it was in the
mid 70's.

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

other - don't dare put anything out, but the WEEDS are doing great. Terry, you left off the button for dandelions.

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil(Zone 11)

Everything is growing in my garden: annuals, perenials, bulbs, trees, foliages, aquatics, weeds, everything :^P

Ithaca, NY(Zone 5b)

I put out my cold hardy annuals (nemesia, snapdragons), beautiful weather! Even got to 80 a couple days ago, then WAM!!! frost last night.. got down to 28 degrees!!! Had to cover everything. My other annuals are in the garage, tired of being in the dark!!!

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

A couple good thunderstorms have given plants their beloved shots of nitrogen, and they're growing like gangbusters! It's beautiful here, and I'm enjoying it while I can (before all the spring showers dry up and our yard starts looking crispy unless we baby it).

Crestview, FL(Zone 7b)

I decided to try my hand at a small veggie garden this year.. my FIRST... well I've already eaten radishes and had my first roma tomato yesterday.. yum....

My plants that survived the hurricane are back and starting to bloom. My plumerias that I plopped back in the ground are sending up bloom spikes... and the summer heat has hit.. in the upper 80's all week... so much for our spring...

N., CA(Zone 9a)

still working on planting perennials, and just finished planting some annuals in containers. Waiting for my veggies to come up.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.