Red dot

What's April Fool's Day?
(5 votes, 3%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

JUST THE WEATHER!!!!!!!!!

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

C'mon Y'all, that Davex Box got ya for just a bit anyway... admit it ... I know that I am not the only gullible person in this group... Besides, how could you doubt such a sincere face... big hazel eyes under all that red hair... ;)

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

fsr333 - Re Davex Box, I'm fooled me also and I was wondering why he was making such a "decision".

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Well, I don't usually get fooled, but this year I actually fell for it. I got this ecard from my daughter who has been married for 2 years and would love to have a child. The card was one that said, I didn't know how to tell you this, I'm going to have a baby. I hollered for Steve to come look and he said, click on the next page - April Fool! Boy did she get a fool's phone call that evening!

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

It was my birthday. Need I say more?

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

My DH had a fishing date for the week-end. He loves to go fishing...when he woke up on the 1st I told him that his friend had called and the date was cancelled!!! He believed me...and then I told him it was an April fools joke!! Gott'um!!!

Rehoboth, MA(Zone 5a)

When I was about six or seven years old I begged my parents to have a dog. One April 1st my father said go to the consierge he has the puppy for you.
I ran as fast as I could and asked him for the dog, shaking his head saying there is no dog here for you. Went back to tell my father he said "April fools"
I have never trusted him till his dying day and will not play a fool's joke on anyone.
Maria

Southern Mountains, GA(Zone 6b)

Maria, that sounds like pure meaness and not a joke at all. I'm sorry you had to experience that.

Mercer, PA(Zone 5a)

Gardening and poetry.
April is national
month for both.

I told myself
to rhyme some words,
I swore a solemn oath.

I also know
that on April one
some folks do
things just for fun.

And so I'd like
to add a word
to the English lexicon.

All who play in dirt
will surely
get the gist.

I hereby declare
gardeners everywhere
be known as
GARDENOLOGISTS.

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

I got fooled, in a very embarrasing way - call me BLONDE!

We went to a furniture store to look at reclining loveseats. Well, while up at the desk, (with many other people around) I saw a Miller Lite beer can - spilled, with foam on a sofa. I said with urgency "Hey - someone spilled their beer can on that sofa!"

Err - ummmmmmm - everyone looked at me, laughed at me, and then I realized it was a model, to advertise upholstery protectant. It was fake. I looked around then and saw other models, like spilled red wine, etc...... Russ was embarrased, I was horrifyingly embarrased.........

Well - if we all have a "blonde" moment in our lives, that was mine! :-)

SC, MT(Zone 5a)

Boy, Did I get Fooled!!!

My #2 son has been on the move since he graduated from college. First with the Air Force for 10 years and then the last several his job has taken him to three different states in the south east. He moved just before last Christmas to Spokane Washington which is about 10 hours from me but the closest he has ever been.

He calls me many times a week and this time I asked him what he and his family were doing. He said they were heading to a place to get their passport pictures taken......Say WHAT? He went on to say that when he joined this company after the Air Force he put in for a job with them in Australia or New Zealand. Now the job had come through for a 3 year term and he would be leaving in a week....with wife and kids to follow in a month or so.

My first thoughts were that he was moving once again overseas.......but then we all would like to go to Australia and/or New Zealand so I thought it was quite an opportunity. I started making my plans for visiting him....and three years wasn't so long. As I related my plans to him.....he kept up on it.

Finally, he felt sorry for me and said. April Fool!

It was six of one and half a dozen of the other with my feelings so I was happy either way.

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

I don't like being fooled.lol.Jody

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

Not really sure what an April Fool is....Now if you were to explain what a chronic fool was I'm sure I'd qualify.

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

I got fooled.....and to tell you the truth, I did not think it was so funny. It came as an article in our local newspaper that is published once a week......the article went on to say that this prime piece of real estate right in the middle of town was sold to an investor who planned on putting an "upscale" lap top dance place in.....I simply could not believe my eyes as I read on.....and then at the very bottom of this lengthy article in small print it said it was an April Fools Joke......Needless to say I am about to call the News office and tell them those kinds of April Fools jokes were really out of order...and that I don't think I will be buying their paper anymore.....

Deann

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

The first one! For little things, my 10-yr old daughter teased at me. Some were real fooling and a few, I deliberately made her think I was fooled to make her enjoy the prank.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I never get fool yet!
Rusty

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.