geraniums, better inside or out

Durham, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Hi there!

i just got myself 2 beautiful zonal geraniums which were originally gonna be put in a hanging basket. They're now in the house because i didnt get my baskets planted and are flowering profusely. Would they be better to stay in the house or should i put them outside now the frosts are finished ???

(i live in the uk)

Lil

Petaluma, CA

It certainly sounds as if your geraniums like it in your house, but again perhaps they like YOU. Here they definitely prefer being outside, but northern california is a Mediterranean sort of climate- wet and a little chilly in winter in my area, and hot and dry in summer.
I love them just anywhere!!! And I'm hooked on the fancy leaved ones. Wish I could be more help.
..perL, the pel addict..

i love the fancy leaved ones too - they're called 'frank headley' and 'vancouver centennial' i love the colours!

i had to plant my frank headley outside as it seemed to be too hot in the house with this weather we've been having, the leaves were turning brown at the edges. the vancouver one is still thriving in the bathroom, producing lovely blooms, seems to like it in there!

lil

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.